Windows 10: Windows 10 not recoginizing my phone through USB port after update

Discus and support Windows 10 not recoginizing my phone through USB port after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My HP Laptop with windows 10 won't recognize my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge when I plug it in through the USB port. The laptop doesn't tell me it couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shawn Salu, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Windows 10 not recoginizing my phone through USB port after update

My HP Laptop with windows 10 won't recognize my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge when I plug it in through the USB port. The laptop doesn't tell me it couldn't connect or anything of those things, it simply doesn't acknowledge. I've plugged it in, but I do the USB port isn't broken, as my phone will still charge when plugged in. Please help me with this problem, I've tried going through the Device Manager on my laptop and reinstalling all the drivers but there is no change in the problem.

:)

Shawn Salu, Oct 12, 2018
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Windows 10 not recoginizing my phone through USB port after update [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Windows 10 not recoginizing my phone through USB port after update

USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 not recoginizing my phone through USB port after update

1. Windows 10 not recoginizing my phone through USB port after update - Similar Threads - recoginizing phone through

2. power draining through USB ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    power draining through USB ports: how can I stop USB port's power draining when my PC is shutdown? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-draining-through-usb-ports/95721261-3d7d-4fd8-b626-e28bf242fc3e
  3. Internet on mobile phone through USB in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet on mobile phone through USB in Windows 10?: Can i/How to connect my mobile phone to internet through USB cable? I'm using Windows 10. 170823
  4. Internet on mobile phone through USB in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet on mobile phone through USB in Windows 10?: Can i/How to connect my mobile phone to internet through USB cable? I'm using Windows 10. 170823
  5. USB ports not working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB ports not working after update: 2 of my USB ports stopped working with a recent windows update. I noticed they weren’t working when I had a warning screen pop up with every restart stating “USB device not recognized. the last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not...
  6. USB ports disabled after windows update

USB ports disabled after windows update: I ran a windows update last night and now today none of my usb devices work the mouse is lit up but does not actually do anything. Any help would be appreciated as my computer is usuable at the moment....
  7. USB ports not working after Windows update

USB ports not working after Windows update: I had a update last night for windows 10 on my desktop, made me do it as I could not turn off my computer without it starting, I get up in the morning and get on, the usb ports work for 5 minutes at most before they stop working, all of them worked fine until this update, I...
  8. USB ports not working after updates

USB ports not working after updates: Hi there I have an Asus all in one Pc with windows. Since a set of updates, neither of my 2 USB ports seem to be functioning. Any devices phone. tablet, camera etc. when plugged in do not register and I cannnot transfer files or images from one to the other....
  9. USB ports not working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB ports not working after Windows 10 update: I had this issue after the September 11, 2018 update. Device manager showed only my 3.0 ports installed but they were not working and no yellow exclamation marks. I right clicked on the USB controllers item and had to enable it. No Change Then I right clicked on the intel...
  10. After unpluging phone from USB port, windows freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After unpluging phone from USB port, windows freezes: After I unplugged lenovo android phone, windows freeze immediately. All I could is reboot. In event viewer all I found is: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power...