Windows 10: Windows 10 not recognising Android phone

Discus and support Windows 10 not recognising Android phone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since the recent Windows 10 update the computer won't recognise my Android phone to access files. The phone charges fine when plugged in to the USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RogerSawkins1, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Windows 10 not recognising Android phone

Since the recent Windows 10 update the computer won't recognise my Android phone to access files. The phone charges fine when plugged in to the USB port but no visibility of the storage.

Yes, I have checked all the settings on the phone and they indicate it is in data transfer mode. I have also checked all the support I can find for Android phones.

Prior to the recent update(s) the phone would appear in "My PC" with a small item of software which, once activated, gave me direct access to the files like any other storage device.

I am told by my ISP that it is a Windows 10 issue, not a phone issue.

How can I check what the problem is with Windows 10?

:)

RogerSawkins1, Jan 26, 2019
  2. t_ski Win User

$.10 android apps

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, but they have $.10 (yes, 10 cents) android apps on the Android Market to celebrate 10 BILLION downloads. So far I've picked up Tetris, Need for Speed Shift, SoundHound amd ADWLauncher EX. There were several other games that were listed, including ones too good for my phone *Frown Windows 10 not recognising Android phone :(

t_ski, Jan 26, 2019
  3. windows 8 phone vs android?

How Windows Phone Is Turning Its Slim App Selection Into a Strength

Windows Phone has tons of advantages by sharing components (like .NET and Windows Marketplace) with it's Windows brethren. It takes less effort to produce a quality program for both platforms than it does for Android and iOS. Microsoft is pursuing quality over quantity.

Most people only use maybe 10 apps to get functionality not provided by default with the device. If Windows Phone has something functionally the same as those 10 apps on iOS or Android, the argument is moot.

Case in point: pick the features you absolutely can't live without on any phone and compare them. Are they built into the OS? If there is not, is there an app available to add that functionality? Does the solution meet your expectations? Answer those questions for each functionality to find which platform is best for you.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows 10 not recognising Android phone

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 not recognising Android phone

1. Windows 10 not recognising Android phone - Similar Threads - recognising Android phone

2. USB ports not recognising MP3 player and android phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports not recognising MP3 player and android phone: My HP Envy recently installed operating systems Windows 11 will not recognise my MP3 player or my Samsung phone when plugged into USB ports. just charges them. I've tried 2 different USB ports, all of them are up to date and "working correctly". I plugged in an external DVD...
  3. USB ports not recognising MP3 player and android phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB ports not recognising MP3 player and android phone: My HP Envy recently installed operating systems Windows 11 will not recognise my MP3 player or my Samsung phone when plugged into USB ports. just charges them. I've tried 2 different USB ports, all of them are up to date and "working correctly". I plugged in an external DVD...
  4. Android phone says it has connected to pc with phone link but pc doesn't recognise it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Android phone says it has connected to pc with phone link but pc doesn't recognise it: I have 2 pcs, A and B, both on Windows 11 with recent updates. I have an android phone with the latest version of Phone Link from the MS Store. I can pair my phone to pc B and it works correctly. When I try to pair the phone with pc A, the phone says that it is paired but...
  5. Android phone says it has connected to pc with phone link but pc doesn't recognise it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Android phone says it has connected to pc with phone link but pc doesn't recognise it: I have 2 pcs, A and B, both on Windows 11 with recent updates. I have an android phone with the latest version of Phone Link from the MS Store. I can pair my phone to pc B and it works correctly. When I try to pair the phone with pc A, the phone says that it is paired but...
  6. Android phone is not recognized by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Android phone is not recognized by Windows 10: I can't connect my Android phone via USB to the computer. The system says that device is not recognized. My Windows 10 computer was updated but the problem is not solved...
  7. Mirror Android phone on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mirror Android phone on Windows 10: Hello, I'm having problems to cast my Android to my mini PC (Vorke V1 plus). Using a Windows phone the app built into Windows 10 works perfectly. But with my android devices, the app says "device name is about to cast" but nothing ever appears or fails. I've already tried...
  8. android phone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    android phone: when I plug my android phone it doesn't show on my computer. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you 132885
  9. android phone

in Windows 10 Support
    android phone: when I plug my android phone it doesn't show on my computer. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you 132885
  10. Windows 10 on Android Phones?

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 on Android Phones?: http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...th-special-rom Microsoft is developing a Windows 10 ROM that can be flashed onto Android devices to easily convert them to Windows Phones. As part of its announcements surrounding the upcoming launch of Windows 10, Microsoft also...