Windows 10: Windows 10 not recognising keyboard after loging in

Discus and support Windows 10 not recognising keyboard after loging in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been having a lot of problems with my devices connected by USB. My keyboard would not work after starting my computer until I would press a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BenShimon, Aug 4, 2020.

1. BenShimon Win User

Windows 10 not recognising keyboard after loging in

I have been having a lot of problems with my devices connected by USB. My keyboard would not work after starting my computer until I would press a button on the keyboard and then I would hear the sound as if a new device was plugged in and the keyboard lights would come on. Also I have been having a lot of problems with my wireless network adapter also USB disconnecting and then reconnecting even though i have tried different adapters and different drivers for them.

SINCE I removed the requirement for users to use a password to use this computer everything has been working fine!

I have no idea what association there may be between using a password to log in and problems with USB devices properly connection, but that fixed the problem for me strangely enough. Here is what I did:

Click the Start menu and type "netplwiz".
    Click on the "netplwiz" program to open it.
    In the User Accounts screen that launches, un-tick the box that says "Users must enter a name and password to use this computer."
    Click "Apply."
    When prompted, re-enter your password to confirm the changes.
    Click "OK" once more. Your password will then be removed.

After doing that now every time when I start my computer up everything is working and my Internet connection is stable and not connecting and disconnecting.

:)

BenShimon, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Keyboard is not working after upgrade to Windows 10.

Hi Stephen,

Please reply to the following questions:

• Did you try the suggestions posted above?

• Are you facing keyboard issues even after trying the above suggestions?

If haven’t tried, I suggest you to please perform the steps suggested in the above posts and check if either helps in resolving the issue.

Write to us with the status of the keyboard issues faced on your PC for further assistance.
    Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 not recognising keyboard after loging in

Windows 10 - Problem recognising ENG UK keyboard symbols

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the Keyboard driver by following the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboards from the list.
    • Right click on the drivers and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer and check in the issue persists.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 not recognising keyboard after loging in

1. Windows 10 not recognising keyboard after loging in - Similar Threads - recognising keyboard loging

2. Mouse and keyboard not working on loging screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard not working on loging screen: Hello,I've read several threads about this issue but I couldn't solve it myself. So what happened I played a game and alt tab to my browser where I had a lot of tabs opened and I opened some more reaching 98% memory I didn't realise it at the time but I've started using my...
  3. Mouse and keyboard not working on loging screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and keyboard not working on loging screen: Hello,I've read several threads about this issue but I couldn't solve it myself. So what happened I played a game and alt tab to my browser where I had a lot of tabs opened and I opened some more reaching 98% memory I didn't realise it at the time but I've started using my...
  4. Mouse and keyboard not working on loging screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Curser/ Touchpad disappears after loging in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Curser/ Touchpad disappears after loging in: My curser disappears as soon as I login as, meaning the touchpad also doesn't work. It works completely fine on the login screen but as soon as I login in, it disappears from my laptop and doesn't show up at all. Please help...
  6. Curser/ Touchpad disappears after loging in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Curser/ Touchpad disappears after loging in: My curser disappears as soon as I login as, meaning the touchpad also doesn't work. It works completely fine on the login screen but as soon as I login in, it disappears from my laptop and doesn't show up at all. Please help...
  7. USB Midi keyboard not recognised by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Midi keyboard not recognised by Windows 10: Hello! For a while my computer running Windows 10 has problems recognising a specific USB audio device. The device is a M-audio Keystation Mini 32 Mk1 and it is class compliant which means I can't download a specific driver from the manufacturer. I've been...
  8. Pc not recognising USB keyboard after format

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc not recognising USB keyboard after format: Hi, so I had a Windows 10 pc which I wanted to completely wipe and install Windows 7. I used a software called Darik's nuke and boot to completely wipe the drive. Now I insert a bootable windows 7 USB. The keyboard and mouse are working up until the first screen of the...
  9. Just a moment screen after loging in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Just a moment screen after loging in: For some reason I cannot access my desktop anymore. Had a system update around noon and since then it uploads a "startselector" in yellow at the top. "try again" at the bottom. When I press try again, it goes to a just a moment page. It seems like the computer works in...
  10. Windows 10 stuck on 'welcome' after loging in

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stuck on 'welcome' after loging in: This issue started after I updated windows 10 through a windows pop up saying that i had an update after i started my computer. I went into troubleshooting setting from the shift restart page to uninstall the latest qualoty of life update and this successfully let me log in...