Windows 10: windows 10 not recognising me as administrator

Discus and support windows 10 not recognising me as administrator in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there At the following link: Windows security - app and browser control - reputation-based protection, I find the 'check apps and files' option is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Backoch, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Backoch Win User

windows 10 not recognising me as administrator

Hi there

At the following link: Windows security - app and browser control - reputation-based protection, I find the 'check apps and files' option is greyed out, making it impossible to turn it on since 'this setting is managed by your administrator'. However, I am the administrator.

Is there a way out of this problem?

Many thanks

Backoch 60

:)

Backoch, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Windows 10 not recognising administrator accounts

In windows 10 troubleshooting/boot menu, i.e. when trying to perform system refresh, system restore etc, it doesn't recognise/list that there is an administrator account active on the computer or provide anywhere to enter login credentials.

I have already enabled the default windows 10 administrator account as well as creating an additional local account with administrator privileges but neither of these are detected in the boot menu.

Not sure what else I can do, has anyone else had this problem?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

StaceyHoward, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

1. windows 10 not recognising me as administrator - Similar Threads - recognising administrator

2. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd: Ok guys need help please,I've recently changed my HDD for a new one,and suddenly my SSD has disappeared,and for some reason the hard drive is now seen as the SSD .I have a HP pavilion notebook 17-ab051ha,been working fine until I put the new hard drive in,The SSD doesn't show...
  3. Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has my HDD suddenly been recognised as an ssd: Ok guys need help please,I've recently changed my HDD for a new one,and suddenly my SSD has disappeared,and for some reason the hard drive is now seen as the SSD .I have a HP pavilion notebook 17-ab051ha,been working fine until I put the new hard drive in,The SSD doesn't show...
  4. My Windows 10 is not recognising me as administrator so I cannot launch Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 is not recognising me as administrator so I cannot launch Device Manager: I have an ongoing issue: while i am typing with my keyboard it randomly starts to open up several windows mostly stuff under Windows Settings instead of recognising the letters i am typing. This can be fixed temporarily if i press Windows Key + Alt but then later it happens...
  5. My Windows 10 is not recognising me as administrator so I cannot launch Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 10 is not recognising me as administrator so I cannot launch Device Manager: I have an ongoing issue: while i am typing with my keyboard it randomly starts to open up several windows mostly stuff under Windows Settings instead of recognising the letters i am typing. This can be fixed temporarily if i press Windows Key + Alt but then later it happens...
  6. My Windows 10 is not recognising me as administrator so I cannot launch Device Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. No internet and not recognised as administrator.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet and not recognised as administrator.: On returning to my desktop PC this evening I found it was not connected to the internet. When I tried to run the troubleshooter I got the message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. " This...
  8. Windows 10 not recognising Administrator account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not recognising Administrator account: I first became aware of this when outlook would noy start with 'access denied' saying i don't have permission to access ????@????/???.pst All of my word files are read only' and I can't save as to anywhere except cloud services or an external drive so the problem is...
  9. Windows has stopped recognising me as an administrator in some circumstances

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows has stopped recognising me as an administrator in some circumstances: Windows wouldn't let me delete an empty directory, saying I needed the computers administrator's permission. I am an administrator the administrator, and logged in on a local account. Now I can't run an emulator in Android Studio because it needs to delete some directories...
  10. My computer is not recognising me as the administrator.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer is not recognising me as the administrator.: It says I am until I want to download something then it says I don't have administration rights. what can I do to change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-not-recognising-me-as-the/0e61493f-c7a3-4ce3-af9f-7e29b1d14335"