Windows 10: Windows 10 not recognizing commercial DVDs - new issue!

Discus and support Windows 10 not recognizing commercial DVDs - new issue! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,Two of my computers, both running Windows 10, have suddenly stopped recognizing movie DVDs i,e, discs formatted with VIDEO_TS files. I emphasize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Christine P Mills, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Windows 10 not recognizing commercial DVDs - new issue!

Hello,Two of my computers, both running Windows 10, have suddenly stopped recognizing movie DVDs i,e, discs formatted with VIDEO_TS files. I emphasize three points here: 1 this is a NEW problem. Both of these computers have played DVDs just fine in the past ever since purchase, probably 4 years or so. I couldn't say exactly when the problem began; all I know is that it has to have started sometime within the past month or so, as of this report, since I know for a fact at least one of them was reading movie discs just fine back in late April. 2 Data DVDs i.e. DVD discs that contain stand

:)

Christine P Mills, Jun 5, 2023
  2. Rose Cal Win User

windows 10= no dvd

Hi Bill,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible reason why your CD ROM is not recognized after the update. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Could you tell us the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot CD or DVD which not recognized.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 5, 2023
  3. DVD Drive - Prerecorded DVDs not recognized

Using WIN 10 Pro v1803

DVD drive recognizes recorded DVDs.

DVD drive no longer recognizes Commercial DVDs are in drive.

In Device Manager, I uninstalled drive and rebooted.

EnzerCharles, Jun 5, 2023
  4. Windows 10 not recognizing commercial DVDs - new issue!

DVD Drive - Prerecorded DVDs not recognized

Thank you!

Something is flacky:

• My Dell Inspiron 3650 WIN 10 Pro 64 bit v1803.
    • Drive says no disc when commercial DVD inserted.
    • Drive is fine with my recorded DVD
    • After -- Not before -- putting in Commercial DVD, then starting VLC, VLC finds the DVD and plays.
    • Any other sequence does not work!

EnzerCharles, Jun 5, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 not recognizing commercial DVDs - new issue!

1. Windows 10 not recognizing commercial DVDs - new issue! - Similar Threads - recognizing commercial DVDs

2. Windows 10 not recognizing commercial DVDs - new issue!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not recognizing commercial DVDs - new issue!: Hello,Two of my computers, both running Windows 10, have suddenly stopped recognizing movie DVDs i,e, discs formatted with VIDEO_TS files. I emphasize three points here: 1 this is a NEW problem. Both of these computers have played DVDs just fine in the past ever since...
  3. Windows 10 not recognizing commercial DVDs - new issue!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not recognizing commercial DVDs - new issue!: Hello,Two of my computers, both running Windows 10, have suddenly stopped recognizing movie DVDs i,e, discs formatted with VIDEO_TS files. I emphasize three points here: 1 this is a NEW problem. Both of these computers have played DVDs just fine in the past ever since...
  4. Windows 10 doesn't recognize some DVDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize some DVDs: So I upgraded my laptop to windows 10 from 7. And my DVD Driver was just working fine before I upgraded, After I upgraded my laptop wasn't recognizing some DVDs not all of them And I need the laptop to recognize it cause I'm trying to install windows in another PC,. so,...
  5. Windows 10 will not recognize a commercial DVD movie

Windows 10 will not recognize a commercial DVD movie: Hello, I have a DELL 990 REFURBISHED TOWER COMPUTER CORE I5 31GHZ 8GB MEMORY 2TB HDD WINDOWS 10 PRO from Joy System bought from Staples.com As an aside, I DO NOT recommend refurbished machines from Joy Systems who sells though Amazon, Staples, and other outlets. The...
  6. Are there official Windows 10 DVDs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are there official Windows 10 DVDs?: Hello. Does Microsoft sell windows 10 dvds, or give them to other companies to sell? on the microsoft website, windows 10 can only be purchased in usb-stick format or as download version. but this usb-stick version is always sold out. mindfactory e.g. sells dvd...
  7. Burned CDs and DVDs on Windows 7 wont't play or recognized on Windows 10

Burned CDs and DVDs on Windows 7 wont't play or recognized on Windows 10: Hi guys, I need some help. I have a few CDs and DVDs that contains both video and media files that I burned a few years ago using a software on Windows 7, now I'm trying to play them on Windows 10 and nothing happens. I can play any other Original CDs and DVDs on my...
  8. dvds created in windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    dvds created in windows 10: When I made a dvd from pictures that I had taken with windows 7, I could play the dvd on my dvd player. Since upgrading to windows 10, I have not been able to do it. Why? If not, then why was this option taken away?...
  9. DVD Drive - Prerecorded DVDs not recognized

DVD Drive - Prerecorded DVDs not recognized: Using WIN 10 Pro v1803 DVD drive recognizes recorded DVDs. DVD drive no longer recognizes Commercial DVDs are in drive. In Device Manager, I uninstalled drive and rebooted....
  10. PLAYING DVDS ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    PLAYING DVDS ON WINDOWS 10: I AM NOT HAVING ANY SUCCESS WITH PLAYING DVDS ON MY COMPUTER. I EVEN DOWNLOADED THE VLC PLAYER, BUT STILL DO NOT KNOW HOW TO GET IT TO PLAY....