Windows 10: Windows 10 Not Recognizing Desktop for Reactivation- No Product Key

Discus and support Windows 10 Not Recognizing Desktop for Reactivation- No Product Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Okay, so here's the issue. I built my pc years ago and had a physical copy of windows 10 that I installed on my computer. Just recently I decided to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LadyGames, Jan 13, 2019.

1. LadyGames Win User

Windows 10 Not Recognizing Desktop for Reactivation- No Product Key

Okay, so here's the issue. I built my pc years ago and had a physical copy of windows 10 that I installed on my computer. Just recently I decided to upgrade some parts on my pc and that included a new motherboard. I obviously lost my windows product key because it's been years. So, when I went to reinstall windows 10 on my computer I ran the troubleshoot for windows 10 and found the desktop that was associated with my windows 10 on the list. The issue is that because it is linked to my old motherboard, when I choose to reactivate windows 10 on this device, it won't let me because it thinks it's a different desktop. SO, I called customer support and they told me I needed a product key or they could not help me. 1. I told them from the beginning that I did not have a product key. 2. I told them the product is linked with my current Microsoft account so they should be able to access my account, see the product is on there, and deactivate the old motherboard and just reactivate it on my new pc. They said they could not help me at all and hung up. I bought and paid for Windows 10 twice already, I am not going to pay for a new windows 10 every time I change out my hardware. Has anyone had any luck at all trying to contact someone in customer service who could actually help them?

:)

LadyGames, Jan 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 Product Key

Hi Oscar,

Since the laptop has no battery compartment wherein the product key is usually located, we recommend that you follow these steps to find your Windows product key:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter this command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
      and hit Enter.

Also, if you're looking to reinstall Windows 10 after a hardware replacement, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in this

article

Let us know if performing these steps resolved the issue.

Dennis Mop, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Product key not recognized

I want to thank everyone for taking the time to respond to my query. I have to say some of the suggestions assume a tech capability beyond me.

I think I will find the original receipt, go back to the shop, and ask them for the Product Key, then try again. I suspect it was an unauthorized copy. Maybe that will work.

George D E, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Not Recognizing Desktop for Reactivation- No Product Key

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Not Recognizing Desktop for Reactivation- No Product Key

1. Windows 10 Not Recognizing Desktop for Reactivation- No Product Key - Similar Threads - Recognizing Desktop Reactivation

2. Windows Not Recognizing Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Not Recognizing Product Key: Refer below background before occurrence of issue. 1. My laptop is running Windows 10, which was upgraded from Windows 8. 2. I started the Update & Recovery process for Windows 10 due to performance issues. 3. At some point during the process, I accidentally shut down the...
  3. Windows Not Recognizing Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Not Recognizing Product Key: Refer below background before occurrence of issue. 1. My laptop is running Windows 10, which was upgraded from Windows 8. 2. I started the Update & Recovery process for Windows 10 due to performance issues. 3. At some point during the process, I accidentally shut down the...
  4. Product Key Reactivation

Product Key Reactivation: I bought a Dell Inspiron, OEM Installed Windows 11. Product key was activated. Recently I had to reset my system. Its again asking for Product Key. But I don't remember it. Any help please?...
  5. Product Key Reactivation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key Reactivation: I bought a Dell Inspiron, OEM Installed Windows 11. Product key was activated. Recently I had to reset my system. Its again asking for Product Key. But I don't remember it. Any help please?...
  6. need my product key reactivated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need my product key reactivated: I have windows 10 valid product key. was offered a free upgrade to 11, but it wanted me to buy it, i reverted back to 10...and it wants me to buy a key. thanks for that,..product key is 003308003097227AA504...
  7. need my product key reactivated

need my product key reactivated: I have windows 10 valid product key. was offered a free upgrade to 11, but it wanted me to buy it, i reverted back to 10...and it wants me to buy a key. thanks for that,..product key is 003308003097227AA504...
  8. Can Windows be reactivated with a product key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can Windows be reactivated with a product key?: I currently use Windows 10 on my computer, but I would like to change it to a Linux distro. My question is, if someday I need Windows again, will I be able to reinstall it using the same product key? And if yes, how can I tell what my product key is?...
  9. Windows 7 product key reactivation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 7 product key reactivation: Hello all! I'm having an issue with a Windows 7 Home Premium product key I have lying around that I've been trying to get activated as a 10 key. I believe the one I'm using was an older HP OEM key. I've gone through in a virtual machine with an install of 7 with that key...
  10. Product key not recognized

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product key not recognized: According to my computer, Windows7 is activated and is a genuine product. But when I attempt to download W10, it does not recognize the 25 digit Product Key. I don't know what to do. 41436

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to active laptop keyboard

2. windows 10 not recognizing product key

3. how to REactivation key windows 10

4. windows 10 not reactivating