Windows 10: Windows 10 not recognizing discs

Discus and support Windows 10 not recognizing discs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC has a built-in disc drive, but Windows 10 will not recognize when I put a disc in. This means that no window will pop up for me. This also means... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PhilomenaPoirier, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 not recognizing discs

My PC has a built-in disc drive, but Windows 10 will not recognize when I put a disc in. This means that no window will pop up for me. This also means that Windows Media Player will not recognize a burner if I'm trying to burn a CD. It's like the disc drive doesn't do anything. I've tried several different fixes but none of them worked for me. What do I do to get my computer to recognize discs?

:)

PhilomenaPoirier, Nov 26, 2020
  2. Cweiss2 Win User

Windows 10 does not recognize Disc Drive

After installing Windows 10 (I had 7 before), my computer does not recognize the D: Drive at all.

I have a Lenovo H410 Desktop (Lenovo Windows 7PC).

My scans show that all my drivers are updated, but there does not seem to be a driver for the disc drive.

Is that what I am missing? If so, could someone suggest where I obtain it? I have tried the Lennovo website, but am having some trouble getting to the drivers.

Thank you.

Cweiss2, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 not recognizing discs

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 not recognizing discs

1. Windows 10 not recognizing discs - Similar Threads - recognizing discs

2. how quickly does your dvd writer recognize your dvd+rw discs/

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how quickly does your dvd writer recognize your dvd+rw discs/: this LG multi light scribe writer is faster on DVD movies and burned ISO files, but can take maybe a minute to recognize a DVD+RW when used as a usb flash drive (as win10 describes it) after sticking it in. Is that typical? 171972
  3. Optical drive recognized, discs spins but does not play

Optical drive recognized, discs spins but does not play: A friend asked me to re-install Window 10 due to a failing Hard drive. After the install incl. all current (20H2) MS updates I encounter the following problem. The Optical drive displays in File Manager (and Device Manger) but does not auto play and discs. When manually...
  4. DVD -RW recognizes CDs but thinks there's no disc when DVD in inserted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DVD -RW recognizes CDs but thinks there's no disc when DVD in inserted: I have been facing this problem after updating to Windows version 1903. It continues now after upgrading to version 2004 of May 2020. I have a TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653H optical drive on my DELL Vostro 460 desktop. The drive recognizes all CDs that I had written / rewritten...
  5. Windows Media Player only recognizes 1 in 10 discs and will not rip or burn

Windows Media Player only recognizes 1 in 10 discs and will not rip or burn: My windows media player barely will rip or burn. it will still play what is already in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-only-recognizes-1-in-10-discs/74526628-cb80-4621-9407-9d697271daf5
  6. my computer will not recognize my disc drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer will not recognize my disc drive: why won't my computer recognize my disc drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-will-not-recognize-my-disc-drive/f943c5d7-b655-452b-8fa5-8300881aca22
  7. Windows Explorer won't recognize BluRay, DVD or CD disc files with new Blu Ray Drive (WH16NS40)

Windows Explorer won't recognize BluRay, DVD or CD disc files with new Blu Ray Drive (WH16NS40): I recently built a new PC and I am using Windows 10 Pro. I installed a new OEM version of the LG Internal SATA 16x Super Multi Blue (WH16NS40). When I try to view any type of disc within Windows File Explorer the contents do not show up. File Explorer will essentially eject...
  8. Windows media player does not recognize :D disc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows media player does not recognize :D disc: I have all my music on the :D disc and Windows Media Player does not recognise this disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-does-not-recognize-d-disc/cea77b98-7945-40a1-8f8b-43ddb2d4ef3d
  9. Some bluray discs are not recognized others are

Some bluray discs are not recognized others are: winver 1903 build 18326.387 Commercial blu rays. Some are recognized immediately others not at all. I have 2 internal bd roms and the firmware is current for both. Cd and dvd are fine and recognized. So the drives are fine and the Bly ray discs are fine.... windows just...
  10. Windows 10 DVD drive won't recognize my DVD-R discs. Why? I cannot burn any of my music...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 DVD drive won't recognize my DVD-R discs. Why? I cannot burn any of my music...: I have inserted several different blank DVD-R dics, but when I open Windows Media, drag my music files to the Burn area, and click Start Burn, I get a message asking me to insert a blank disc in the E drive. There is already one in there. So, I go ahead and Eject, and close...