Windows 10: Windows 10 Not Recognizing External RAID Drive When I Turn the External Drive On !!

Discus and support Windows 10 Not Recognizing External RAID Drive When I Turn the External Drive On !! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently converted from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have a CRU external enclosure for 2 6TB HDD in a RAID 1 configuration. I only use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MelHughes1, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Not Recognizing External RAID Drive When I Turn the External Drive On !!

Hello,

I recently converted from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have a CRU external enclosure for 2 6TB HDD in a RAID 1 configuration. I only use the external drive to store 100,000 images for use with Lightroom/Photoshop and I turn the external drive Off when finished as I am away from home for long periods of time traveling. I do NOT leave it running.

The problem is that if I have Windows 10 up and running and then I turn on the external drive, Windows 10 does NOT recognize the external drive; it does NOT show up under My PC. If I turn the external drive On before I turn on Windows 10, the operating system recognizes the external drive just fine as it powers On itself.

This issue never occurred with Windows 7. I could turn the external drive On before or after the operating system was started and Windows 7 recognized the external drive without issue.

Can anyone give me some advice as how to fix this? Seems rather simple and I am sure there is a setting somewhere that I have set incorrectly BUT I have no idea of what or where it might be.

Thanks,

Mel

:)

MelHughes1, Nov 7, 2018

2. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Loss of External drives

Hi,

For better assistance, kindly verify the queries below:

• What is the make and model of the external drives?
    • Have you checked if both drivers are recognized on the BIOS settings?
    • Are you connecting the external hard drives via USB?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far for this issue?
    Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Romel Ram, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Not Recognizing External RAID Drive When I Turn the External Drive On !!

external drive and encryption?

This question is two-fold.

First I would like an external enclosure that is rugged and shock resistant (static electricity and the like, being winter and all) for a 3.5inch SATA drive.
    Barring that, an external drive with the above. What would you guys recommend?

Also, I was wondering, is there a tool to encrypt the entire hard drive, but that does NOT ask to format said encrypted disk? I tried TrueCrypt, and last time I did, it asked me to format the drive because it was not recognized. I know there are alternatives, but I forgot their names. Price is of no concern if it is able to do so. any suggestions? Does Windows not show "drive must be formatted" on TrueCrypt drives anymore?

Best way would be if I plug in the drive, it asks for password automatically or something...

speedy11131, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Not Recognizing External RAID Drive When I Turn the External Drive On !!

1. Windows 10 Not Recognizing External RAID Drive When I Turn the External Drive On !! - Similar Threads - Recognizing External RAID

2. Set up raid with external drives????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up raid with external drives????: Windows 11I have two 4TB external drives WD Red Plus I am trying to set up in a RAID array. Using Disk Management, both drives show Unallocated I select first drive, right click, select New Mirrored Volume. Click NextSelect second drive and click AddClick NextClick NextClick...
  3. Set up raid with external drives????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up raid with external drives????: Windows 11I have two 4TB external drives WD Red Plus I am trying to set up in a RAID array. Using Disk Management, both drives show Unallocated I select first drive, right click, select New Mirrored Volume. Click NextSelect second drive and click AddClick NextClick NextClick...
  4. External drive not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External drive not recognized: I have an external drive that is not being recognized. I have unplugged it and and plugged it back in and still not being recognized. I see it listed in device manager and it says it is working properly. In disk management it says Disk 1 Unknown not initialized. I have...
  5. Windows backup to external hard drive doesn't recognize external drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows backup to external hard drive doesn't recognize external drive.: Need to rebuild my OS, but I'd llike to do a full backup before I proceed. But the built in Windows 10 backup doesn't recognize my Seagate Desktop Drive. Google searches only brought up windows forums saying to check your drivers, although it works fine in explorer. Are...
  6. EXTERNAL DRIVE NOT RECOGNIZED

EXTERNAL DRIVE NOT RECOGNIZED: After my laptop updated to Windows 10 version 1909, it no longer recognized my 1tb Toshiba Canvio external drive. I need help resolving this issue, because all of my school work and other important things are on the drive....
  7. External drive beeping not recognized

External drive beeping not recognized: I have a backup Toshiba 3 tb external drive just beeps and not recognized by w10 dell * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive-beeping-not-recognized/97e718b8-83ae-4dbb-be0a-4e9c714db2ed
  8. w10 not recognizing external drive

w10 not recognizing external drive: w10 not recognizing external drive what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-not-recognizing-external-drive/cc0b7afb-b17a-4a90-ae61-0c57e8a8cb35
  9. external hard drive not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external hard drive not recognized: I had storage spaces From windows 8.1 that computer went down I moved Storage spaces to another computer. windows 10 machine. Everything works. I was able to Copy those files to another drives. now I want to reuse those drives but only let me rename it not to remove. I...
  10. External Drives not recognized

External Drives not recognized: My external hard drive and USB storage device both not working properly(Windows 10 Ver. 10.0.1734 if that helps any). Have tried restarting, updating drivers etc.. Devices show in Disk Management and Devices and Printers but can't open or save anything to either of them....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows does not recognize raid settigns in external raid enclosure

2. raid not recognized in windows 10

3. raid enclosure not recognized device manager constantly refreshing

4. windows 10 not recognizing raid 0,
  5. How to get windows 10 to recognize hardware raid,
  6. rive not recognized when pc turned on,
  7. windows 10 not recognizing raid,
  8. windows 10 doesnt recognize external raid,
  9. lacie bigdock2 not recognised windows,
  10. windows 10 does not recognize raid 5 drive on adaptec