Windows 10: Windows 10 not recognizing headphones

Discus and support Windows 10 not recognizing headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I got my new laptop about a month ago, every time I plugged in my headphones it would pop up with a message that I had to click "ok" on before the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmyRutherford, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 not recognizing headphones

When I got my new laptop about a month ago, every time I plugged in my headphones it would pop up with a message that I had to click "ok" on before the audio would switch to my headphones. I got tired of seeing the message so I finally clicked "do not show again" when I did this. Now when I plug in my headphones my computer doesn't recognize them. In the playback devices panel it only shows my laptop speakers even with disabled or disconnected devices enabled to show. I've tried some internet solutions but they usually have a step that isn't compatible with how my computer looks - some button or icon or setting that I simply cannot find on my computer.

:)

AmyRutherford, Jan 12, 2019

2. Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 12, 2019
  3. LSN05 Win User
    Headphones Not Recognized as Plugged In

I installed the Conexant driver from the manufacturer's website and ran in compatibility mode for Windows 8. Still the same problem; headphone jack is not recognized at all.

Windows 10 HD audio driver still lists headphones as a playback device, but their status is always "not plugged in" even if they are plugged in.

This is a new laptop (just bought last month from the Microsoft store) and came preinstalled with Windows 10.

LSN05, Jan 12, 2019
  4. LSN05 Win User

Windows 10 not recognizing headphones

Headphones Not Recognized as Plugged In

I installed the Conexant driver from the manufacturer's website and ran in compatibility mode for Windows 8. Still the same problem; headphone jack is not recognized at all.

Windows 10 HD audio driver still lists headphones as a playback device, but their status is always "not plugged in" even if they are plugged in.

This is a new laptop (just bought last month from the Microsoft store) and came preinstalled with Windows 10.

LSN05, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 not recognizing headphones

1. Windows 10 not recognizing headphones - Similar Threads - recognizing headphones

2. My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones: I use a usb adapter to plug in my headphones to my computer, but for the past few days it hasnt been recognizing my headphones and only recognize the adapter calling it "USB Serial Device COM5" instead of recognizing my headphones. The headphones are perfectly fine and work...
  3. My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones: I use a usb adapter to plug in my headphones to my computer, but for the past few days it hasnt been recognizing my headphones and only recognize the adapter calling it "USB Serial Device COM5" instead of recognizing my headphones. The headphones are perfectly fine and work...
  4. My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11, Headphones are funtional but not recognized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, Headphones are funtional but not recognized.: I recently installed Windows 11, and while I've not experienced any major problems, I've noted an issue with my headphones. I use a wired pair. When I hook them into the 3.5 mm jack, they do work, but the actual computer does not recognize them as a seperate device. In the...
  6. Windows 11, Headphones are funtional but not recognized.

Windows 11, Headphones are funtional but not recognized.: I recently installed Windows 11, and while I've not experienced any major problems, I've noted an issue with my headphones. I use a wired pair. When I hook them into the 3.5 mm jack, they do work, but the actual computer does not recognize them as a seperate device. In the...
  7. I have headphones problem. The system only recognizes the headphones when I reboot it. I've...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have headphones problem. The system only recognizes the headphones when I reboot it. I've...: The headphones are only recognized when I reboot my Inspiron 3505. Please provide me driver link so that I can update it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-headphones-problem-the-system-only/e6c6a3b6-57e4-457f-bbc2-3707130416af
  8. I have headphones problem. The system only recognizes the headphones when I reboot it. I've...

I have headphones problem. The system only recognizes the headphones when I reboot it. I've...: The headphones are only recognized when I reboot my Inspiron 3505. Please provide me driver link so that I can update it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-headphones-problem-the-system-only/e6c6a3b6-57e4-457f-bbc2-3707130416af
  9. How do I connect my microphone to my computer without it being recognized as a headphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I connect my microphone to my computer without it being recognized as a headphone.: So I just got a desktop microphone that I won at dave&busters, but when I try to plug it in it says it's an output headphone instead of an input microphone. The Microphone is used by plugging in a 3.55MM audio jack into my computer....
  10. How do I connect my microphone to my computer without it being recognized as a headphone.

How do I connect my microphone to my computer without it being recognized as a headphone.: So I just got a desktop microphone that I won at dave&busters, but when I try to plug it in it says it's an output headphone instead of an input microphone. The Microphone is used by plugging in a 3.55MM audio jack into my computer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not recognizing headphones

2. wh h900 bluetooth headphone windows 10

3. windows 10 laptop will not connect to cowin headphones

4. my phone isnt recognizing my headphones,
  5. strix hero 2 not recognizing headphones,
  6. windows 10 not recognizing headset