Windows 10: Windows 10 not recognizing headset

Discus and support Windows 10 not recognizing headset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows 10, and now the system isn't recognizing my headset. It says "no speakers or headphones are plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thesla, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Thesla Win User

Windows 10 not recognizing headset

I recently formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows 10, and now the system isn't recognizing my headset. It says "no speakers or headphones are plugged in." when I mouseover the sound icon. I've tried installing Realtek Audio Manager but it didn't work. How do I solve this? Thanks in advance.

:)

Thesla, Jul 31, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 not recognizing headset :p

cadaveca, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Headset mike not recognized - can't open Audio Manager

You could try going into settings and running the 'Troubleshooter'. Although this might not work as I think it may be a software/driver issue.

Windows 10 not recognizing headset [​IMG]

Ah okay. I have had a look at the manufacture Nubwo, and there doesn't seem to be any official drivers or software listed.

Thus I would suggest we try and uninstall everything related to the headset, and then let everything install automatically, as it had done on the other desktop (assuming everything was automatically configured, and it just worked).

1.) See if you can first remove the Realtek Audio Manager 1.0.0.222 software by uninstalling it.
    • Settings > Apps > Click on the app and select 'Uninstall.'

2.) After that right click on Start menu (*Start) and select 'Device Manager'
    • Under the 'View' tab, select 'Show hidden devices'
    • Then click on the arrow before 'Sound, video and game controllers' as well as 'Audio inputs and outputs' (this should drop down to reveal a list of audio drivers and headsets)
    • I can help you with which driver (in relation to your headset) to uninstall, if you post back with a screenshot.

Optional.) Or if you are comfortable with knowing which driver to uninstall, then do so
    • Right click on the driver name > Uninstall (Check 'delete software for this device'). Perform a restart and plug the headset back in.

ellellell1, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Windows 10 not recognizing headset

Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Thank you for the reply, unfortunately this did not solve the problem. I followed the steps but no luck.

Device manager still says WonderBoom headset paired it does not recognize it as a speaker as all. Any other suggestions, please.

Thank you. Rachael

RachaelDoyle1, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 not recognizing headset

1. Windows 10 not recognizing headset - Similar Threads - recognizing headset

2. USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device: Few days ago, I bought a dual 3.5 jack headset. The only flaw was that the stereo audio on it wasn't working and the sound quality felt very bad. Later I realized that it was being detected as "Speakers". I returned it to Amazon thinking that it was a manufacturing defect.I...
  3. USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device: Few days ago, I bought a dual 3.5 jack headset. The only flaw was that the stereo audio on it wasn't working and the sound quality felt very bad. Later I realized that it was being detected as "Speakers". I returned it to Amazon thinking that it was a manufacturing defect.I...
  4. USB Headset being recognized as Speakers USB Audio Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth headset is connected but is not recognized as Audio device in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headset is connected but is not recognized as Audio device in Windows 11: Hi, I've connected my Bluetooth headset to my windows 11 but it only shows that it's connected there is no sign of audio no matter what I tried to do. Some other bluetooth devices are connected without any type of problem but some of them are troubling. I already ran...
  6. Bluetooth headset is connected but is not recognized as Audio device in Windows 11

Bluetooth headset is connected but is not recognized as Audio device in Windows 11: Hi, I've connected my Bluetooth headset to my windows 11 but it only shows that it's connected there is no sign of audio no matter what I tried to do. Some other bluetooth devices are connected without any type of problem but some of them are troubling. I already ran...
  7. My headset is only being recognized as an output device, and my speakers as an input.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headset is only being recognized as an output device, and my speakers as an input.: I have a pair of speakers and a headset. Neither were working, so I went so my sound settings. My headset was only being recognised as an audio output device, and my speakers only as an input. Ive tried disabling my speakers, restarting my pc, and all of the other things I...
  8. My headset is only being recognized as an output device, and my speakers as an input.

My headset is only being recognized as an output device, and my speakers as an input.: I have a pair of speakers and a headset. Neither were working, so I went so my sound settings. My headset was only being recognised as an audio output device, and my speakers only as an input. Ive tried disabling my speakers, restarting my pc, and all of the other things I...
  9. My headset is only being recognized as an output device, and my speakers as an input.

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. usb gaming headset recognized as simple speakers

usb gaming headset recognized as simple speakers: hi i purchased ARDVARK AVMK-26 GAMING DESTOP COMBO which contains an rgb headset keyboard and mouse i'm having problem with the headset i am able to hear sound but the mic is not working it is detecting as speaker in windows 10 please and help...