Windows 10: windows 10 not recognizing microphone

Discus and support windows 10 not recognizing microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so I've got a hyperX cloud 2 headset and ive been using it on my computer and xbox one for about a year and a half now, never had any problems. one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by uCocoa, Dec 11, 2018.

1. uCocoa Win User

windows 10 not recognizing microphone

so I've got a hyperX cloud 2 headset and ive been using it on my computer and xbox one for about a year and a half now, never had any problems.

one day I was invited to a discord call and my mic wouldn't work,

so I tried checking my discord setting - all good

tried checking my windows setting - mic produced no input.

so I figured it must be drivers so i continued to use the headset on my xbox with no problems.

recently coming back to pc I was playing csgo and realized that nothing would even happen when pressing my mic key.

tried everything to fix it within csgo and came to the conclusion that its a problem on my pc.

so far here are the procedures I've taken (not necessarily in order)

- checked port connections - all good

- checked if my mic was physically muted - nope

- set headset to default input and output device - no fix

- updated the hyperX software itself - no fix

- updated my sound drivers - no fix

- reinstalled ALL of my audio drivers to the most recent updates - no fix (done multiple times)

- updated usb port drivers - no fix

- made sure no vpn or anti virus programs were running to get in the way - no fix

my mic works perfectly fine on my xbox through usb and through 3.5mm jack on controller.

ive tried everything i can think of and my pc recognizes this headset as an input option but doesn't detect any sound

if anyone has a fix or any insight whatsoever i would greatly appreciate it

im running windows 10 pro

intel core i5-3210m @ 2.5GHz

intel HD graphics 4000

500gb HDD

4gb DDR2 RAM

i know my computers trash dont judge

:)

uCocoa, Dec 11, 2018

2. my new microphone USB connected is not recognized by Windows 10. Suggestions

my new microphone (Insignia NS-Paum50/NS-Paum50-C) USB connected is not recognized by Windows 10. Suggestions.

LelandShapiro, Dec 11, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Recognizing a Microphone Without Drivers?

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

• Run the Recording Audio troubleshooter
    Method 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled and is set as default.

Make sure that the microphone that you are using is not disabled and is set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

a) Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

b) Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

c) Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.

d) You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Dec 11, 2018
  4. Isha Soni Win User

Windows 10 recognized my microphone and works, but Cortana doesn't hear me

Hi,

This could be due to drivers not being update.

Please try these methods.

Method 1 : Run audio troubleshooter.

You might be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with audio.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key on your keyboard
    • Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting..
    • Click on view all (on the left)
    • Select Playing Audio troubleshooter
    • Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.

Method 2: Check for the microphone settings.

Step 1:
    I would suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"
    • Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".
    • Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".
    • Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".
    • Click Apply and OK.
    Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 3: Update sound/audio adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 2: Uninstall and reinstall the audio drivers

I would also suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the latest audio drivers from the Manufacturer website.

Uninstall the driver from Device Manager:

• Press Windows key + R on the keyboard
    • In run window type devmgmt.msc
    • Locate audio devices and expand the same
    • Right-click on the audio driver
      and then uninstall the drivers.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
    Now, please go to the manufacturer website and install
    the latest audio drivers.

Restart the computer and check.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help you further.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 not recognizing microphone - Similar Threads - recognizing microphone

2. Beats Studio Pro can only connect Audio to Windows 11 PC. The microphone is only recognized...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beats Studio Pro can only connect Audio to Windows 11 PC. The microphone is only recognized...: Beats Studio Pro can only connect 'Audio' to Windows 11 PC. The microphone/headset is only recognized when plugged in via USB C. Is there a way to have both audio and voice connected wirelessly via bluetooth?The whole point of wireless headphones/headset is to not have to use...
  3. Beats Studio Pro can only connect Audio to Windows 11 PC. The microphone is only recognized...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beats Studio Pro can only connect Audio to Windows 11 PC. The microphone is only recognized...: Beats Studio Pro can only connect 'Audio' to Windows 11 PC. The microphone/headset is only recognized when plugged in via USB C. Is there a way to have both audio and voice connected wirelessly via bluetooth?The whole point of wireless headphones/headset is to not have to use...
  4. How do I connect my microphone to my computer without it being recognized as a headphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I connect my microphone to my computer without it being recognized as a headphone.: So I just got a desktop microphone that I won at dave&busters, but when I try to plug it in it says it's an output headphone instead of an input microphone. The Microphone is used by plugging in a 3.55MM audio jack into my computer....
  5. How do I connect my microphone to my computer without it being recognized as a headphone.

How do I connect my microphone to my computer without it being recognized as a headphone.: So I just got a desktop microphone that I won at dave&busters, but when I try to plug it in it says it's an output headphone instead of an input microphone. The Microphone is used by plugging in a 3.55MM audio jack into my computer....
  6. why does my computer not recognize my speakers and microphone? no audio available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does my computer not recognize my speakers and microphone? no audio available: how do i get my speakers working again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-not-recognize-my-speakers-and/7c757510-b55e-42a3-8e48-a75bddb53708
  7. why does my computer not recognize my speakers and microphone? no audio available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my computer not recognize my speakers and microphone? no audio available: how do i get my speakers working again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-not-recognize-my-speakers-and/7c757510-b55e-42a3-8e48-a75bddb53708
  8. why does my computer not recognize my speakers and microphone? no audio available

9. USB Microphone not recognized on Windows 10 desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Microphone not recognized on Windows 10 desktop: I recently bought a ZealSound K66 Professional Studio Microphone, and upon setting it up I have run into some issues where Windows will not recognize the device. I've done some googling and dealt with some popular solutions in the device manager and settings but none of them...
  10. USB Microphone not recognized on Windows 10 desktop

USB Microphone not recognized on Windows 10 desktop: I recently bought a ZealSound K66 Professional Studio Microphone, and upon setting it up I have run into some issues where Windows will not recognize the device. I've done some googling and dealt with some popular solutions in the device manager and settings but none of them...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows not recognizing my mic

2. windows ten not recognizing usb microphone

3. windows 10 audio endpoint not recognising mic

4. computer does not recognize Coocamber microphone,
  5. zingyou usb adapter not recognized,
  6. microphone not recognized version 1903,
  7. zingyou microphone audio driver,
  8. windows wont detect usb microphone,
  9. windows stopped recognizing mic,
  10. windows not recognizing mic,
  11. drivers for bm-800 microphone,