Windows 10: Windows 10 not recognizing my laptop built-in microphone

Discus and support Windows 10 not recognizing my laptop built-in microphone in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have an ACER Switch One 10 convertible laptop, running Windows 10 Home v. 1903. Despite having all permissions set to on, no microphone is detected... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HowardFreed, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 not recognizing my laptop built-in microphone

I have an ACER Switch One 10 convertible laptop, running Windows 10 Home v. 1903. Despite having all permissions set to on, no microphone is detected by Skype, Cortana, etc.

HELP!!

:)

HowardFreed, Oct 28, 2019

2. Windows 10 doesnt recognize built-in microphone.

Hi Generic,

To address your concern regarding the built in microphone, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the volume icon and select Recording devices.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, Show disconnected devices and
      Show disabled devices.
    • Select Microphone and click on Properties and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.
    You can also visit this article regarding fix sound problems in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 10 not recognizing my laptop built-in microphone

Built in Microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after an upgrade of Windows the microphone is not working, we will look in to this for you. However, in order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What type of upgrade are you referring to, is it a system upgrade or an update?
    • What is the complete model number of the tablet?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article

Fix microphone problems
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 not recognizing my laptop built-in microphone

1. Windows 10 not recognizing my laptop built-in microphone - Similar Threads - recognizing laptop built

2. Windows not recognizing webcam or built-in laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows not recognizing webcam or built-in laptop: I've had an issue with my built in camera on my Dell XPS13 laptop since I bought it. It would not recognize the built-in camera and I took my laptop to get it fixed and they told me they couldn't fix it because it was a driver or OS incompatibility.I bought a webcam Logitech...
  3. Windows not recognizing webcam or built-in laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not recognizing webcam or built-in laptop: I've had an issue with my built in camera on my Dell XPS13 laptop since I bought it. It would not recognize the built-in camera and I took my laptop to get it fixed and they told me they couldn't fix it because it was a driver or OS incompatibility.I bought a webcam Logitech...
  4. Windows not recognizing webcam or built-in laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Built-in microphone on earbuds not being recognized

Built-in microphone on earbuds not being recognized: I am using "Sony - EX14AP Wired Earbud Headphones". I only have one multi-functional jack, which is picking up the headphones aspect perfectly, but is in no way recognizing the microphone. I haven't messed with any settings regarding my microphone before and I've followed...
  6. Laptop's in-built microphone not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop's in-built microphone not working: I had bought an Asus Vivobook 15 with pre-installed windows 10 on 2nd August 2020. I had video called through Google Duo on this laptop once or twice and it was working normally, but after about a week or so the in-built microphone of this laptop stopped working. There isn't...
  7. built-in camera on windows 10 laptop was not recognized by computer

built-in camera on windows 10 laptop was not recognized by computer: How to restore the uninstalled driver of built-in camera in my laptop windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-camera-on-windows-10-laptop-was-not/d8fb482f-c028-49ea-91af-981fa959c2ae
  8. headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    headphones built in microphone not recognized by my computer: So im having this problem with my pc. So one day i woke up and my pc was being kinda slow so i restarted it and then i couldn't talk to my friends. i do use the built in mic in my laptop to talk and dont use my headphones. this has been happening since about the middle of...
  9. Headset Microphone not recognized Laptop Windows 10

Headset Microphone not recognized Laptop Windows 10: Alright so I recently bought a Sennheiser g4me one Headset. When I tried it out the sound was working perfectly well but when I did the audio test I wasn't getting any response from my Headset microphone and was instead getting sound from the built in mic. Also I can't find...
  10. Windows not recognizing laptop microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not recognizing laptop microphone: Hi, So my laptop has a built in microphone that works great, but whenever I plug in my earbuds it disables the laptop microphone and tries to find one through the headphone jack, only my earbuds have no microphone, so it's looking for a microphone that isn't there. Is there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is my internal microphone on the ASUS windows 10 laptop

2. windows 10 upgrade doesnt recognize my built in microphone

3. windows 10 not recognizing built-in micx