Windows 10: Windows 10 not recognizing password not pin locked out.

Discus and support Windows 10 not recognizing password not pin locked out. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, i have windows 10 and have not been able to login. Pin is not recognized or password is incorrect. I have tried restarting the unit and trouble... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BRod498, Jan 5, 2021.

1. BRod498 Win User

Windows 10 not recognizing password not pin locked out.

Hello, i have windows 10 and have not been able to login. Pin is not recognized or password is incorrect. I have tried restarting the unit and trouble shooting in advance options with no luck. Start up repair - is not recognizing the password. Startup settings - restore option F4 enable in safe mode goes to the main page requiring password which is not recognized. Command prompt - is not recognizing the password. System restore - is not recognizing the password.

Windows 10 admin account locked. Reset password gives message "This feature requires removable media, such as USB flash drive". Please help !

My unit is a hp, 4 months old and the only changes that were made were the install of a new purchase of MSFT home office software. Everything worked fine after the install yesterday, this morning i was unable to log on.

Please help

Brod498.

:)

BRod498, Jan 5, 2021

2. Window 10 does not recognize password

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

If you are referring to the lock screen, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• On the lock screen, click on Ease of access icon next to network connection icon.

• Click On Screen keyboard.

• Type the password and check.

I also suggest you to change the language and check.

• On the lock screen, click on language icon next to network connection icon.

• Click the language to US English.

• Type the password and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Zh98 Win User

Locked out of Windows 10 & I don't know the PIN nor the password

Here is the thing, I've forgotten my administrator account password and the PIN to log in to my laptop. Usually I use the fingerprint option but it said it couldn't recognize my fingerprint so now it requires the password or the PIN.

I already triet booting in safe mode but everything requires a password that I don't know, even the Command Prompt.

So basically I'm locked out.

Any suggestions?

Zh98, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not recognizing password not pin locked out. - Similar Threads - recognizing password pin

2. W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.: Good afternoon. For 2 days I have tried everything the internet and YouTube has to offer to get into my W10 computer without success.For some reason my password is not being accepted. The pin neither - just the message "something has happened and pin is not available". Then...
  3. W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.: Good afternoon. For 2 days I have tried everything the internet and YouTube has to offer to get into my W10 computer without success.For some reason my password is not being accepted. The pin neither - just the message "something has happened and pin is not available". Then...
  4. W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!: This morning I somehow right clicked on option to 'log out' on my Dell Windows 11 laptop. I pressed 'cancel' but screen went plank and then to white screen. I have restarted, but now it says my fingerprint, and pin are no longer available, and the answer I put in for the...
  6. Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin, fingerprint, and password not working.. locked out!!: This morning I somehow right clicked on option to 'log out' on my Dell Windows 11 laptop. I pressed 'cancel' but screen went plank and then to white screen. I have restarted, but now it says my fingerprint, and pin are no longer available, and the answer I put in for the...
  7. Windows 10 doesn't recognize PIN or password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 doesn't recognize PIN or password: Windows 10 automatically updated and now my computer doesn't recognize my PIN or password. I went to account.live.com/password/reset and successfully changed my password and can access my Microsoft account but my computer doesn't recognize the new password or any of my old...
  8. windows 10 login pin and password not recognized

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 login pin and password not recognized: windows 10 64 bit 2004. System rebooted after/during update. Neither Pin or PW work. I can login to MS on line account and change PW from another Workstation but first PC will not use it. Safe mode and diagnostics need PW. Trying to boot from restore disk at this point....
  9. Windows 10: password lock out

Windows 10: password lock out: Hi Yesterday, Windows Defender told me I should set a password. I started to do that but part of the process, formulating a 8 digit password to meet its high level requirement. But as it then required my old password to proceed, which I did not know (or even if i ever had...
  10. password not recognized on lock-screen of Windows 10.

password not recognized on lock-screen of Windows 10.: I booted up my computer running Windows 10 and entered my password on the lock- screen,but it is not recognized. There is no 'forgot password" link. How to I get into my computer. Logging on my Microsoft account yields no answers....