Windows 10: Windows 10 not recognizing printer

Discus and support Windows 10 not recognizing printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Bought a new Acer computer with windows 10 that will not recognize my Canon MF4150 printer. Old computer had 10 on it and printer worked fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PhilDean2, Oct 15, 2019.

1. PhilDean2 Win User

Windows 10 not recognizing printer

Hi,

Bought a new Acer computer with windows 10 that will not recognize my Canon MF4150 printer. Old computer had 10 on it and printer worked fine. I've added new drivers, and done everything I could find for advise but nothing works. Canon's website says the printer should work with 10.

HELP I'm old and frustrated.

Thanks

:)

PhilDean2, Oct 15, 2019

2. How can I get Windows 10 to recognize an Unspecified Device as a Printer?

I have installed a DYMO printer, but it is not listed as a printer but only as an Unspecified Device. How can I get Windows 10 to recognize an Unspecified Device as a Printer? All printer troubleshooting steps require it to be listed as a Printer, and
    all Help solutions assume that it can be recognized as a printer.

Shesabigdork, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Windows 10 will not recognize printer

Hi,

What is the make and model of your printer?

Check these methods below:

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Method: 2 Set default Printer

I suggest you to make printer as a default printer you can follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key+ X and select device manager.
    • Select devices and printers
    • Right click on the printer you want to use, and then click set as default printer (You'll see a check mark on the printer's icon signifying that it's now your default printer)

Did you download the printer driver for Windows 10?

Method 3: Check in
    compatibility mode.

Download the printer drivers from your printer manufacture's website for Windows 10, if not available.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older
    programs compatible with this version of Windows
    (Steps applies to Windows 10)

You can get back to us if you have any difficulties in doing the same. We are always here to help you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 not recognizing printer

DCP-130C Brother Printer will not be recognized on Windows 10

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps.

Method 1: Running Printer Troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

If the issue still persist refer to the below steps.

Method 2:

This issue may arise due to printer’s driver incompatibility with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.
    To do so kindly follow the below given steps.

• Right click on printer’s driver that you have downloaded from manufacturer website.
    • Click/tap on Properties.
    • Check the Run this program in Compatibility mode for under
      Compatibility tab
    • Select Windows 8.1/8 from the drop down under
      Compatibility mode section.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Install the drivers, restart PC and check if issue is resolved.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 not recognizing printer

1. Windows 10 not recognizing printer - Similar Threads - recognizing printer

2. Surface Pro will not recognize multi-function printer as a printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro will not recognize multi-function printer as a printer: One of the Surface Pros in our office will not allow printing to our MFP Sharp MX-3070V. Any time the Surface is connected to the printer, it will only appear as a scanner on the devices menu and is unavailable for printing. We had a similar problem with other Surfaces in our...
  3. Surface Pro will not recognize multi-function printer as a printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro will not recognize multi-function printer as a printer: One of the Surface Pros in our office will not allow printing to our MFP Sharp MX-3070V. Any time the Surface is connected to the printer, it will only appear as a scanner on the devices menu and is unavailable for printing. We had a similar problem with other Surfaces in our...
  4. Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?

Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?: I set up a Canon MF753cdw printer with my Windows 11 pc. When I view the printer in printers and scanners, I don't have an option to scan. When I try to add devices, no scanner appears. How do I enable scanning on this device?...
  5. Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?: I set up a Canon MF753cdw printer with my Windows 11 pc. When I view the printer in printers and scanners, I don't have an option to scan. When I try to add devices, no scanner appears. How do I enable scanning on this device?...
  6. my computer does not recognize the printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer does not recognize the printer: my computer does not recognize the printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-recognize-the-printer/602243fe-3efa-4d92-81a3-749c5c697f1c
  7. my computer does not recognize the printer

my computer does not recognize the printer: my computer does not recognize the printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-recognize-the-printer/602243fe-3efa-4d92-81a3-749c5c697f1c
  8. Computer will not recognize printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not recognize printer: Running Windows 10. Printer is HP DeskJet 750C+. I have drivers from Windows 7. HP didn't update to Windows 10. Printer has worked in the past with these older drivers. Problem is I can't get the computer to recognize the plotter. If I can do that, I can install the drivers I...
  9. Computer will not recognize printer

Computer will not recognize printer: Running Windows 10. Printer is HP DeskJet 750C+. I have drivers from Windows 7. HP didn't update to Windows 10. Printer has worked in the past with these older drivers. Problem is I can't get the computer to recognize the plotter. If I can do that, I can install the drivers I...
  10. Computer will not recognize printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dcp-130c driver windows 10 forum

2. mf4150 windows 10 trouble

3. canon mf4150 windows 10 problem