Windows 10: Windows 10 not recognizing USB mouse and keyboard if connected after arriving on lockscreen

Discus and support Windows 10 not recognizing USB mouse and keyboard if connected after arriving on lockscreen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I don't know exactly what caused it changed quite a lot my setup. But right now if I connect my USB keyboard and mouse after arriving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chido42, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Chido42 Win User

Windows 10 not recognizing USB mouse and keyboard if connected after arriving on lockscreen

Hello everyone,

I don't know exactly what caused it changed quite a lot my setup. But right now if I connect my USB keyboard and mouse after arriving on lock screen they do not work seems like they are not recognised. I am regularly switching between my laptop and desktop computer so I often forget it.

I am forced to force a shutdown of my pc and reboot it with the keyboard and mouse already connected to make it work.

Any clue of what is happening ?

Not certain I need to test it again but I think once after waiting for quite a while on lock screen without shutting down the pc, it worked so it might be really slow to detect them.

Thanks and regards,

:)

Chido42, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Microsoft ARC touch mouse USB dongle is recognized as ARC keyboard on windows 10.

Hi,

To further isolate the issue with your touch mouse being recognized as keyboard, we'd like to know more information:

• Is it one USB dongle for the mouse and keyboard?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

We suggest checking the article below to help you resolve the issue.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Apr 6, 2021
  4. devnull Win User

Windows 10 not recognizing USB mouse and keyboard if connected after arriving on lockscreen

Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!

Thanks, but how would I be able to do any of the things that you suggest when Windows is not recognizing either my keyboard or my mouse?

I'll mention that I do intend to purchase a *wired* USB keyboard and mouse today and try them, but I'm not optimistic that they will be recognized by Windows either.

devnull, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not recognizing USB mouse and keyboard if connected after arriving on lockscreen - Similar Threads - recognizing USB mouse

2. mouse and keyboard bluetooth USB device not recognized- The last USB device you connected...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse and keyboard bluetooth USB device not recognized- The last USB device you connected...: mouse and keyboard bluetooth USB device not recognized- The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it and is not wireless still it shows like this...
  3. mouse and keyboard bluetooth USB device not recognized- The last USB device you connected...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse and keyboard bluetooth USB device not recognized- The last USB device you connected...: mouse and keyboard bluetooth USB device not recognized- The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it and is not wireless still it shows like this...
  4. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  5. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  6. Keyboard and mouse not working on Windows 10 lockscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse not working on Windows 10 lockscreen: My company sent me this desktop with Windows 10 installed and pre-configured. The problem seems to be with the OS though . The keyboard and mouse don't work on the lockscreen at all . They don't even light up. Tried 2 mice, 3 keyboards...
  7. USB keyboard and mouse suddenly not recognized

USB keyboard and mouse suddenly not recognized: Well, It's dj vu all over again (Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!), except this time my USB keyboard and mouse stopped working suddenly while working at my desktop PC, not after a boot up. (I'm now working from my laptop.) To summarize: I've tried switching...
  8. USB Mouse and keyboard not recognized on Windows 10

USB Mouse and keyboard not recognized on Windows 10: I have a Dell XPS-15 9550 Windows 10 Laptop. For some reason it stopped recognizing USB Mouse and or keyboard. However it does recognize USB connected hard drives using the same USB ports. 1. Installed latest Microsoft updates - no go 2.Installed latest drivers. - no go...
  9. Mouse and Keyboard not recognized after Windows 10 Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and Keyboard not recognized after Windows 10 Restart: New HP Pavilion, 3 weeks old. Win 10 - 1909. All up to date with drivers, etc. If I use the Win "Start - Power - Restart" command, I get the splash screen for sign-on, but my mouse and keyboard are not recognized, and I can't proceed. I've had to do hard power reset to...
  10. Windows 10 will not recognize usb mouse or keyboard

Windows 10 will not recognize usb mouse or keyboard: Hello I have an issue with a Lenovo IdeaCentre, it will not recognize mouse and keyboard. It only sees them when I am in bios. I tried doing a factory reset but it wont do it either. I can log in safe mode but the same issue no keyboard and mouse. When it boots up it stops...