Windows 10: Windows 10 not recognizing Wacom Cintiq 22HD as monitor?

Discus and support Windows 10 not recognizing Wacom Cintiq 22HD as monitor? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I really need help, im so horrifyingly stumped. I have a Wacom 22HD Tablet that I was using as a second monitor while I still had Windows 7. I finally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Krusher115, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 not recognizing Wacom Cintiq 22HD as monitor?

I really need help, im so horrifyingly stumped. I have a Wacom 22HD Tablet that I was using as a second monitor while I still had Windows 7. I finally decided to bite the bullet and update to Windows 10 this morning only to have NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. Windows shows the Cintiq as a mouse in the Devices and Printers menu, but in Device Manager, its a Wacom Multitouch Monitor. In the display settings it doesnt detect a second display only my main monitor. Ive updated all my drivers, for both the tablet and my graphics card, and so far everything is up to date. Is there a way to change how it recognizes it from being a mouse and to a monitor? Or just fix it in general? Im so uber frustrated!!

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Krusher115
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Krusher115, Aug 12, 2020
  2. wanshua Win User

Display Tablet: Wacom CINTIQ 22HD VS XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro REVIEW

Hello everyone,I'm an Illustrator user,Iusually use the Adobe Illustrator. Evernote. Dropbox software and tasks. Mostly Illustrator on my display drawing tablet.

CINTIQ 22HD

I know there are a lot of people who are looking for cintiq alternatives as Wacom's tablets are expensive. I had been wanting a cintiq for years but never really thought they were worth all that money. However, after I had a chance of using Cintiq 22HD for
    a few days, I came to realize that drawing on a display tablet is far quicker and more enjoyable than doing it on non-display tablets.

SO, NOW I WANTED A DISPLAY TABLET TOO FOR TWO REASONS:

1.Drawing on a display tablet was far more enjoyable than drawing with graphic tablets (like my Deco 01).

It felt like I was actually drawing on paper.

2.The higher precision and accuracy = I noticed I wasn't using the "undo" on cintiq 22HD as much = less hours spent per painting.

CINTIQ 22HD WAS GOOD BUT IS IT WORTH $1600?

Although the drawing experience was really good (feels like Intuos but more precise!) on Cintiq 22HD, I still didn't think it was worth $1600. It's a 2012 model and the display was nothing spectacular considering the price. If the display was a higher quality
    and the tablet was slimmer, I would be dreaming of having one myself even at that price point. Anyways, I looked into cintiq alternatives and the closest thing seemed to be XP-Pen's newest model, Artist 22E Pro.

XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro

I ordered and had XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro display tablet (https://www.amazon.com/XP-PEN-Artist22E-Drawing-Pressure-Adjustable/dp/B01M9EURM1 )for
    a day.

It's been only a day but I already have a love and hate relationship with it...

Here are the Pros and Cons

PRO's:

1.More affordable than Cintiq 22HD (although it's still not that cheap $899 / $799 until May 31)

2.Screen temperature stays REALLY COOL (OMG I LOVE) vs Cintiq 22HD gets a little warm

3.IPS Panel (wide view angles) and anti-glare coating's really good. (cintiq 22HD's is grainy)

4.almost no lagging felt when drawing (14ms = same as Cintiq 22HD)

5.Slimmer and smaller than Cintiq but has 21.5 inch screen (same as Cintiq 22HD)

6.Parallax better than or similar to Cintiq 22HD

7.pen accuracy, sensitivity on point (except for the area close to the edges)

8.easy to use and install

9.sharp, good colors

CON's: [UPDATE: I am told that these two issues are solved with recent XP-Pen drivers update]

1.Display is not sharp (texts, image edges, lines are soft when they need to be sharp and clear)

2.Lower pressure sensitivity levels (1%-20%) I feel like are not that accurate. I needed to put a little more force for the nib to register anything and that results in e.g. 20% opacity when I wanted 10%.

3.Pen Batteries: You need to recharge pens. Not really a huge con for me because they give you two pens.

4.No tilt on pen: not a big deal for me. Just mentioning for information as some people do care about this function.

Other notable info:

1.Color Gamut: standard (advertised as an "amazing" display). It covers 72%~78% sRGB. Just a standard. It's not really a con or a pro I guess.

2.No pen stand: their site says they give you a pen stand. I only found a pen case.

3.Adj. buttons on the display are stiff but you don't need to use them often once everything's set.

4.Something about the way the pen nib works: related to the con I mentioned; I just didn't like the way it felt. The nib's a little bulky and doesn't feel good

when doing detailed, light strokes. Depending on what kind of drawing you do, you may not even notice this.

*I wrote no pen calibration in the image but the driver does have it I just missed it. However, that doesn't change my opinion on the lower pen pressure levels!

SO, MY CONCLUSION IS:

1.XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro display tablet is a pretty good alternative to a Cintiq with some better aspects (thin bezels, better
    parallax, 21.5 inch screen etc.)

2.BUT! There are two major issues that made me return it. The pressure sensitivity was not up to my expectations. Maybe I am just used to Wacom pens but I felt like it's a little awkward when I needed precise strokes for details. Secondly, the display is not
    sharp (it's too blurry. It could be because of the anti-glare coating).

Therefore this is a great display tablet for:

-people who have never experienced higher end Wacom tablets

-hobbyists artists

-people who have not had good quality IPS monitors

-people looking for a Cintiq-like display without breaking their bank

Wouldn't recommend it to:

-people who have used Wacom tablets (Intuos and above) and are used to them

-professional users / serious artists

*Note: if you intend to use two tablets from two different brands (e.g. wacom intuos and a XP-Pen display tablet) on one PC, keep in mind that there can be only ONE installed driver. You need to uninstall Wacom driver if you are using the XP-Pen tablet and
    vice versa.

wanshua, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Chino Win User
    Wacom Cintiq Pro Engine Transforms the Cintiq Pro Into a Windows 10 Workstation

Today Wacom announced the Wacom Cintiq Pro Engine, a creative PC module available in two configurations that fully integrates into the Cintiq Pro 24-inch pen display (announced today in a separate release). Designed for professional illustrators, designers, engineers and motion graphics users who require professional computing power and graphics performance, the modular Cintiq Pro Engine slots into the back of the Cintiq Pro 24, eliminating the space, cable clutter and compatibility issues that often result from using external computers and laptops.

"It is our mission to help professionals create with the least amount of distraction and clutter and to give them the power to tackle the new spaces of creating content for AR, VR and MR. The Wacom Cintiq Pro Engine provides a beautiful, easy to use solution for creatives everywhere," said Faik Karaoglu, Executive Vice President of the Creative Business Unit at Wacom.

Windows 10 not recognizing Wacom Cintiq 22HD as monitor? VDD1h8zqcs55LyIQ_thm.jpg

Windows 10 not recognizing Wacom Cintiq 22HD as monitor? Exr3HgFtw0DqzetE_thm.jpg

Attaching the Cintiq Pro Engine to the Cintiq Pro 24 transforms the Cintiq Pro 24 into a full Windows 10 creative studio that supports even the most demanding programs and applications used by creative professionals. The combination of the Wacom Cintiq Pro display, the powerful Wacom Cintiq Pro Engine creative PC module, and a flexible and rotatable new Wacom Ergo Stand is an innovative approach to providing an all-in-one specialized working environment for creatives. Adding the use of the Wacom Pro Pen 3D, professionals who rely on 3D animation or sculpting software, or CAD applications, will see an immediate benefit to their workflow.

Virtual Reality Support
    In addition to the benefits around creative applications and workflows, Cintiq Pro Engine supports the increasingly important virtual reality (VR) workflow. Most Wacom products are already capable of supporting VR content creation, but to review and check the VR content, customers frequently need to move the content to another PC that has the graphics power to run VR content.

Powerful Graphics
    The Wacom Cintiq Pro Engine is powered by the NVIDIA Quadro P3200. This graphics card is based on the NVIDIA Pascal GPU architecture, which provides the power demanded by today's creative applications with dramatically faster graphics and computing power than on the CPU. "Wacom designs products for the way artists and designers create. They're intuitive, natural and fast and can be used anywhere," says Bob Pette, vice president, Professional Visualization, NVIDIA. "Our new mobile Quadro P3200 packs a ton of graphics power into the new Cintiq and Cintiq Engine Pro, and we're thrilled to have them showcased at our upcoming GPU Technology Conference."

Flexibility Found Nowhere Else
    The Wacom Cintiq Pro Engine memory and SSD are exchangeable and upgradable, ensuring system flexibility. Given the plug and play nature of the hardware, it's easy to move between Cintiq 32" and 24" displays while retaining the same computing environment with the Cintiq Pro Engine. This flexibility is found nowhere else in the market and leads to a lower total cost of ownership (TCO) than any other solution.

Two Versions of Cintiq Pro Engine

Cintiq Pro Engine i5:
    • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
    • Processor: Intel Core i5 HQ (Quad Core)
    • Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro P3200
    • Dedicated graphics memory: 6GB GDDR5
    • RAM: 16GB
    • Storage: 256GB SSD, PCIe Gen3
    • Wireless LAN: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 ac
    • Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2
    • Security: fTPM(TPM2.0)
    • Input Voltage: 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
    • Connectivity: Internal (communication between PC & Display) 1x USB-C, 1x Power
    • Connectivity: External (customer interfaces) 1 x RJ45 (LAN), 2 x USB-C, 1x mHDMI, 1 x mDP, 2 x DC-in
    • Price: $2,499
    Cintiq Pro Engine Xeon:
    • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro for Workstation
    • Processor: Intel XEON
    • Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro P3200
    • Dedicated graphics memory: 6GB GDDR5
    • RAM: 32GB
    • Storage: 512GB SSD, PCIe Gen3
    • Wireless LAN: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 ac
    • Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2
    • Security: fTPM(TPM2.0)
    • Input Voltage: 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
    • Output Voltage: 19.5V/11.8A (230W)
    • Connectivity: Internal (communication between PC & Display); 1x USB-C, 1x Power
    • Connectivity: External (customer interfaces); 1x RJ45 (LAN), 2 x USB-C, 1 x mHDMI, 1 x mDP, 2 x DC-in
    • Price: $3,299
    Availability
    There are two versions of Cintiq Pro Engine, available as of May 2018 in Japan, US and selected countries in Europe. For details visit our homepage at Wacom.com. For more information on compatibility, visit www.wacom.com/comp.

Chino, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 not recognizing Wacom Cintiq 22HD as monitor?

Wacom Cintiq only recongnized as generic monitor in the Device Manager

Hello,

I have a Cintiq pro 24 (DTK-2420/k). It was working before but suddenly the pen and the touch buttons stopped working. The remote controller still works. Status Led doesn't light at all.

It is listed as a generic PnP monitor in the Device Manager and the pen and the Wacom Cintiq itself doesn't recognize in the Wacom Desktop centre.

Up to his point, I tried completely uninstall (deleting remaining files and registry manually) and reinstall drivers several times. Also tried latest (6.3.37-3) and older versions of drivers (6.3.36-1).

Specs:

Windows 10 Home

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

Whats-App-Image-2019-11-13-at-15-06-44

Whats-App-Image-2019-11-13-at-15-08-50

skarletskarlet, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 not recognizing Wacom Cintiq 22HD as monitor?

1. Windows 10 not recognizing Wacom Cintiq 22HD as monitor? - Similar Threads - recognizing Wacom Cintiq

2. Second monitor not recognized Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not recognized Windows 10: Windows 10 does not recognize the second monitor. Both monitors contain the same view only.Sense monitor, also Jetpoint monitor.Detect does not detect. restart, reinstall drivers accomplishes...sadly...nothing....
  3. Second monitor not recognized Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor not recognized Windows 10: Windows 10 does not recognize the second monitor. Both monitors contain the same view only.Sense monitor, also Jetpoint monitor.Detect does not detect. restart, reinstall drivers accomplishes...sadly...nothing....
  4. WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR: After installing Windows 10 I am unable to get my second monitor to work. The monitor says, "no HDMI signal from your device." This monitor and video card was working fine before the upgrade. I contacted support case number 1032675835 and after going through the instructions...
  5. WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR: After installing Windows 10 I am unable to get my second monitor to work. The monitor says, "no HDMI signal from your device." This monitor and video card was working fine before the upgrade. I contacted support case number 1032675835 and after going through the instructions...
  6. WINDOWS 10 NOT RECOGNIZING 2ND MONITOR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. WACOM TABLET NOT RECOGNIZED PLEASE HELP

WACOM TABLET NOT RECOGNIZED PLEASE HELP: I'm so frustrated right now and can't find any answers.I'm downloading my Wacom Intuos tablet model CTL-490 for the first time on this laptop MSI - GF63. I have Windows 10. Latest driver is installed, and has been uninstalled and reinstalled more then once and computer...
  8. 2nd Monitor not recognized with Windows 10

2nd Monitor not recognized with Windows 10: Recently I shut down my computer and moved it to another room. When I reconnected both monitors and restarted the system, only one monitor is recognized. I've updated the display drivers, rolled back the display drivers, restarted the system, unplugged the monitors and...
  9. Windows 10 Not Recognizing Second Monitor

Windows 10 Not Recognizing Second Monitor: HP EliteBook 2570, Win 10 Profesional, new updated, all drivers updated, Docking station with 2 identical monitors ThinkVision 24inch, connected by VGA and display port cable, in Settings no detection of second monitor. By restarting of win, the one or another monitor is...
  10. Wacom Cintiq only recongnized as generic monitor in the Device Manager

Wacom Cintiq only recongnized as generic monitor in the Device Manager: Hello, I have a Cintiq pro 24 (DTK-2420/k). It was working before but suddenly the pen and the touch buttons stopped working. The remote controller still works. Status Led doesn't light at all. It is listed as a generic PnP monitor in the Device Manager and the pen and the...