Windows 10: Windows 10 Not reconnecting mapped network drives post October Update

Discus and support Windows 10 Not reconnecting mapped network drives post October Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Since upgrading my win 10 pro machines in the office to the October update their mapped drives (controlled by group policy) are not automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John Kingman_86, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Not reconnecting mapped network drives post October Update

Hi,

Since upgrading my win 10 pro machines in the office to the October update their mapped drives (controlled by group policy) are not automatically reconnecting on login. The users are having to manually double click the mapped drives to get them to reconnect. The reconnect option has been ticked on our group policies since we put them in over a year ago so it must be he update causing this.

:)

John Kingman_86, Oct 5, 2018
  2. little cat, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Create a shortcut to map a network drive windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are willing to create a shortcut to map a network drive. I would suggest you to refer the steps provided in the articles mentioned below and see if it helps.

Create a shortcut to (map) a network drive

Create a shortcut to (map) a network drive

Note: These articles are for Windows 7/8/8.1 but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Not reconnecting mapped network drives post October Update

Map Network Drive in Windows 10

Hello cognus, Windows 10 Not reconnecting mapped network drives post October Update :)

I find the best way to keep a mapped drive always available is to use OPTION ONE and select Reconnect at sign-in at step 5.

The (Remains connected after next logon) command in the other options should work for you as well though.

It's normal for the mapped drive to have a red X on it after not being used for a while, but clicking on the drive should have it be automatically connected again after a short wait sorta like waiting for a HDD to spin back up after being turned off when idle.

I'm not aware of a way to keep a mapped drive to always stay active.

Brink, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Not reconnecting mapped network drives post October Update

1. Windows 10 Not reconnecting mapped network drives post October Update - Similar Threads - reconnecting mapped network

2. Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect: OS:Windows 10 V20H2 PC: Dell XPS8940 Router: Netgear R7000 w/ TomatoUSB Nine of ten mapped network drives on my desktop PC behave normally! The tenth is a problem. It is mapped to the USB drive connected to my router.Sometimes (days) I cannot connect to this mapped drive and...
  3. mapped network drives not reconnecting

mapped network drives not reconnecting: I have a NAS box with folders mapped as X, Y, Z. Windows 10 Home 20H2 build 19042.630 I've followed the steps here https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4471218/mapped-network-drive-may-fail-to-reconnect-in-windows-10-version-1809 The drives still fail to connect....
  4. Windows 10 20H2 mapped network drives not reconnecting when Windows starts

Windows 10 20H2 mapped network drives not reconnecting when Windows starts: When I start my pc the network drives don't reconnect. If I look in File Explorer the Y and Z mapped drives have red Xs on them. Clicking on the drives sometimes connects them and all's well, and sometimes it says username or password incorrect and I have to delete the...
  5. Network Drives will not reconnect at start up for Windows 10 - October 2020

Network Drives will not reconnect at start up for Windows 10 - October 2020: So, I have read many articles about the network drives not reconnecting at start up for Windows 10 in 2018 and have seen those work arounds. Recently my Windows updated on 2 of my computers and now they do not reconnect to the network drive at start up. There is the...
  6. Network drives not reconnecting after October Windows 10 update

Network drives not reconnecting after October Windows 10 update: My network drives have been working great, UNTIL the most recent update. Actually it is the shortcuts to the network drives that will not work, even after repeated rebooting. The path to the network drive (example: \\My-Server\MyFiles) is correct. I can use the windows + R...
  7. Windows 10 mapped drives not reconnecting after updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 mapped drives not reconnecting after updating to 1809: We have a few mapped network drives. These have worked until the Windows 10 1809 update. Now, none of the drive letters will automatically connect- the folders are all listed with their associated drive letters and each has a red cross. If I click on the red cross, they...
  8. Windows 10 mapped drives not reconnecting after updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 mapped drives not reconnecting after updating to 1809: We have a few mapped network drives. These have worked until the Windows 10 1809 update. Now, none of the drive letters will automatically connect- the folders are all listed with their associated drive letters and each has a red cross. If I click on the red cross, they...
  9. Windows 10 Not reconnecting mapped network drives post October Update

Windows 10 Not reconnecting mapped network drives post October Update: Hi, Since upgrading my win 10 pro machines in the office to the October update their mapped drives (controlled by group policy) are not automatically reconnecting on login. The users are having to manually double click the mapped drives to get them to reconnect. The...
  10. Mapping OneDrive: Could Not Reconnect to All Network Drives

Mapping OneDrive: Could Not Reconnect to All Network Drives: I've mapped OneDrive to use it as a backup storage per instruction here, but I get the said error every time I reboot. So I wrote a simple batch script to remap automatically when I logon to Windows. Usage: MapOneDrive.cmd [Number of checks] "[IPv4 to ping]" "[Drive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 network drives not reconnecting

2. windows 10 network drive not reconnecting

3. mapped drive still remains after disconnect in explorer