Windows 10: Windows 10 not resetting and I can’t figure out why... please help.

Discus and support Windows 10 not resetting and I can’t figure out why... please help. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I’m gonna make this as detailed as possible. Or at least try, I’m still so tired from trying to figure this out. Everything that happened with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LonelyBoy612, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 not resetting and I can’t figure out why... please help.

So I’m gonna make this as detailed as possible. Or at least try, I’m still so tired from trying to figure this out.

Everything that happened with trying to reset resulted in this message- "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. Don't turn off your computer"

So basically since 12pm yesterday to 1am last night, I attempted to reset my ASUS home laptop. I tried basically everything on the internet; 1. Basic restart (in settings) 2. Health settings (revovery option) 3. Attempted a disk scan for 6 1/2 hours and nothing happened 4. Used malwarebytes to scan for viruses, 12 were found and terminated but no difference. Virus was something like PUP.optional or something like that 5. Tried resetting through CMD in andministration and safe mode as well as f9 menu on startup 6. Hold shift on restart and tried all options there 7. Tried to used sfc /scannow in cmd and all that happened was it would either do a scan and then say Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

I think that’s pretty much it. If there’s anything you know I’d really like to know how to fix this.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/LonelyBoy612
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LonelyBoy612, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 not resetting and I can’t figure out why... please help.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 not resetting and I can’t figure out why... please help.

1. Windows 10 not resetting and I can’t figure out why... please help. - Similar Threads - resetting can’t figure

2. Help figure out why I’m blue screen and reset crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help figure out why I’m blue screen and reset crashing: Computer blue screening repeatedly since last night. It’s a new pc and never had problems the 2 weeks I had it now I can’t play anything on it. I tried removing the 2 sticks of ram that I got extra with the pre built but it’s still crashing. I don’t know what else it could...
  3. Help figure out why I’m blue screen and reset crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help figure out why I’m blue screen and reset crashing: Computer blue screening repeatedly since last night. It’s a new pc and never had problems the 2 weeks I had it now I can’t play anything on it. I tried removing the 2 sticks of ram that I got extra with the pre built but it’s still crashing. I don’t know what else it could...
  4. why can't i figure this out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't i figure this out?: i bought a copy of windows 11 from Microsoft's website, but when i installed it it just gave me a better version of windows 10. i can't figure it out thru the updates section either. what am i missing or forgetting?...
  5. Help me figure out this Ssd problem PLEASE!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me figure out this Ssd problem PLEASE!!!: I have an Asus rog strix z790 mb with i7 13700k cpu evga 3090 NVIDIA gpu g skill trident 5600 32gb x 2 and multiple Ssd’s and hdd which is the problem. I can’t get windows to recognize any of the when I’m trying to flash windows with usb. I’ve formatted all of them...
  6. Help me figure out this Ssd problem PLEASE!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help me figure out this Ssd problem PLEASE!!!: I have an Asus rog strix z790 mb with i7 13700k cpu evga 3090 NVIDIA gpu g skill trident 5600 32gb x 2 and multiple Ssd’s and hdd which is the problem. I can’t get windows to recognize any of the when I’m trying to flash windows with usb. I’ve formatted all of them...
  7. Can’t figure out HDR on WIndows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t figure out HDR on WIndows 10: I have an LGXC tv and an RTX 3090 graphics card to play my games. The only issue is with the hdr on Windows. Specifically with HDR games sometimes they look better when Windows HD Color/HDR is turned off. I am very confused about whether I’m suppose to be in RGB or 444 color...
  8. Hey I can’t figure out what to do? Pls help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hey I can’t figure out what to do? Pls help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nukemg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lczdy4/hey_i_cant_figure_out_what_to_do_pls_help/
  9. Please help, BSODS that I can't figure out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help, BSODS that I can't figure out: Hi! I'd asked the same question here a while ago and the microsoft advisor was extremely helpful but unfortunately could not help me with my problem. He had said he would open it up to other advisors but I've yet to receive a response and he also has not responded as to how...
  10. I can’t exit out of this please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can’t exit out of this please help: I’m stuck on a blue screen called “Do more with your voice” & I can’t exit out of it please help [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-exit-out-of-this-please-help/6a562364-2f78-43b4-91dd-59c727e45789