Windows 10: Windows 10 Not Responding After Sign-In

Discus and support Windows 10 Not Responding After Sign-In in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have been using my computer on a fresh install of windows for about 5 months without issue. Yesterday, I turned on my computer and was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MateoBruno1, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Not Responding After Sign-In

Hello,

I have been using my computer on a fresh install of windows for about 5 months without issue. Yesterday, I turned on my computer and was greeted with a black screen with a mouse cursor. I didn't think much of this and restarted the computer. This seemed to fix the issue and the sign in screen popped up. I entered my password, and it took a little longer for me to sign in, but I didn't think much of it. When I did sign in, I was greeted by Wallpaper Engine asking to update, but none of my other startup programs booted. Confused, I went to go launch the programs manually, however I could not click on anything in my task bar. When hovering over my taskbar, my cursor turned into the loading icon the one you get when a program isn't reaponding. I tried opening task manager, but it would not open. Neither would RUN or COMMAND PROMPT.

This issue has persisted since then. So far I have tried restarting through windows, and by turning the power to my pc on and off, this did not help. Booting in Safe Mode has the same issue, and also displays a window saying windows is not responding. I also restored a system backup from the day previous, and nothing helped.

My computer is used for school and gaming, so I do NOT download random/malicious files off the internet. Recently I have only downloaded Valorant, and Hardspace Shipbreaker, both of which came through trusted installers. There has been construction outside my house causing plenty of vibrations, but none of my hardware seems jostled or broken, and my boot drive is an M.2 SSD.

:)

MateoBruno1, Jun 20, 2020
  2. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Not Responding After Sign-In

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Not Responding After Sign-In

1. Windows 10 Not Responding After Sign-In - Similar Threads - Responding Sign

2. Visual Studio 2022 devenv.exe not responding when i start windows form desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio 2022 devenv.exe not responding when i start windows form desktop: Visual Studio 2022 devenv.exe not responding when i start windows form desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio-2022-devenvexe-not-responding-when-i/2223ba91-b6c0-4e0a-89fd-02727e5be4c7
  3. One Launch didn't respond. Tried closing everything and signing out but when I signed back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Launch didn't respond. Tried closing everything and signing out but when I signed back...: One Launch did not respond. I tried closing everything and signing out. When I tried to sign in again, the screen just shows a picture. No start screen, no network choices, no emails, no icons. Nothing but a picture. I switched to another desktop and then back but still get...
  4. One Launch didn't respond. Tried closing everything and signing out but when I signed back...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Launch didn't respond. Tried closing everything and signing out but when I signed back...: One Launch did not respond. I tried closing everything and signing out. When I tried to sign in again, the screen just shows a picture. No start screen, no network choices, no emails, no icons. Nothing but a picture. I switched to another desktop and then back but still get...
  5. Win10 menu not responding - after login gives message "...cannot sign into your account.."

Win10 menu not responding - after login gives message "...cannot sign into your account..": On my laptop - running Win10, other local user accounts are experiencing this problem.I also have an administrator account which is fine.The problem:After logging into one of the local user accounts I get a message:We cannot sign into your account. Gives options to Signout or...
  6. Win10 menu not responding - after login gives message "...cannot sign into your account.."

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 menu not responding - after login gives message "...cannot sign into your account..": On my laptop - running Win10, other local user accounts are experiencing this problem.I also have an administrator account which is fine.The problem:After logging into one of the local user accounts I get a message:We cannot sign into your account. Gives options to Signout or...
  7. Sign-In options not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign-In options not responding: Hello,I was trying to open the Sign-In options inside the Settings App to change password and fingerprint. When I click on the option nothing happens and the settings app becomes unresponsive. I tried to run sfc /scannow but everything is fine according to it. I tried to...
  8. Sign-In options not responding

Sign-In options not responding: Hello,I was trying to open the Sign-In options inside the Settings App to change password and fingerprint. When I click on the option nothing happens and the settings app becomes unresponsive. I tried to run sfc /scannow but everything is fine according to it. I tried to...
  9. OneDrive not responding and unable to complete sign-in. KB5006555 problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive not responding and unable to complete sign-in. KB5006555 problem: Starting as of 17 September PCs in our fleet started experiencing issues where onedrive could not complete sign-in and the sign-in. The sign-in windows is just blank/white and after a minute it says not responding. We tried extensive clean-up including Office online repair,...
  10. Microsoft Teams Desktop App, Not responding when signing in

Microsoft Teams Desktop App, Not responding when signing in: Hi, Recently i have a user that uses the teams desktop app, when she goes to sign in now, it goes not responding after you put in the email address and hit next. She can sign in fine on the web app. Could it be something to do with 2FA and Modern Authentication ? I...