Windows 10: Windows 10 not restoring after sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 not restoring after sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi AllI have recently started having issues with my laptop Asus G750JX not restoring after being put to sleep I think it started a bit over a month... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Alextrical, May 13, 2021.

1. Windows 10 not restoring after sleep

Hi AllI have recently started having issues with my laptop Asus G750JX not restoring after being put to sleep I think it started a bit over a month ago, but I'm not exactly sure whenThe laptop has been fully wiped and a fresh install of Windows 10 is now installed and the issue still occurs.It looks like the system is crashing while trying to go to sleep, but there are no noticeable events logged while it shuts down, but Kernel-Power event 41 on powering back on.The drivers are the latest from the windows store, the bios is the latest available for the laptop.Please can you advise how I sh

:)

Alextrical, May 13, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Windows 10 not restoring after sleep [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 13, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 13, 2021
  4. Mala_S Win User

Windows 10 not restoring after sleep

Windows 10 - Wakes immediately from sleep.

Hello t4ord,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sleep mode saves the state of all open applications to memory, then powers down both the display panel and hard disk drive. However, if it often wakes up from Sleep mode, you need to change the Sleep settings under Power &
    sleep. You can also refer this link regarding shutdown, sleep,
    or hibernate your PC.

If that doesn’t help, kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it works.

Method 1: Restore default settings of power plan.

Let’s restore the power settings to its default and check if it makes any difference. To do that,

• Go to Control Panel and select Power Options.
    • Click on Change advanced power settings.
    • Select the option Restore default settings for this plan.

Method 2: I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article and see if it helps.

Let us know the results. Will be glad to assist you further, if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 not restoring after sleep

1. Windows 10 not restoring after sleep - Similar Threads - restoring sleep

2. Media Streaming - effect on sleep mode - can I restore the old behaviour?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Media Streaming - effect on sleep mode - can I restore the old behaviour?: I use "media streaming" on my desktop PC to allow other devices to access video files stored on the PC hard drive - the PC acts as a DLNA server, and the other devices as clients. The PC is running Windows 10 Home, with everything updated. Under "Media Streaming" settings I...
  3. Media Streaming - effect on sleep mode - can I restore the old behaviour?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Streaming - effect on sleep mode - can I restore the old behaviour?: I use "media streaming" on my desktop PC to allow other devices to access video files stored on the PC hard drive - the PC acts as a DLNA server, and the other devices as clients. The PC is running Windows 10 Home, with everything updated. Under "Media Streaming" settings I...
  4. Media Streaming - effect on sleep mode - can I restore the old behaviour?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to restore sleep button in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to restore sleep button in windows 11: My sleep button disappeared about a month ago in windows 11 - how do I restore it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-sleep-button-in-windows-11/660e5158-75fa-4b45-a90b-0a222bdc691b
  6. how to restore sleep button in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to restore sleep button in windows 11: My sleep button disappeared about a month ago in windows 11 - how do I restore it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-sleep-button-in-windows-11/660e5158-75fa-4b45-a90b-0a222bdc691b
  7. Sleep option missing in Windows 11/10; How to restore it?

in Windows 10 News
    Sleep option missing in Windows 11/10; How to restore it?: [IMG]When we don’t want to shut down our system because we are leaving the system for a short period, in that case, the best option is to use put your computer to Sleep. However, the Sleep option is missing for some users on their Windows 11/10 computers and if you are one of...
  8. when restoring from sleep, no video signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    when restoring from sleep, no video signal: Windows version is 1909. System specs should be in my profile. This is a new gaming machine I purchased a couple weeks ago. The issue is that when I put it to sleep, upon waking up through the power button there is no video signal. The lights are on, the fans are spinning,...
  9. Bypassing the login screen after restore from sleep or hibernation

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypassing the login screen after restore from sleep or hibernation: I have my desktop set up to boot directly into Windows when starting up, that is, no password. I would like to have the same behavior when I restart after sleep or hibernation, but I can't find a way to do that. 173844
  10. Windows PC fails to restore from sleep or hibernation due to VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows PC fails to restore from sleep or hibernation due to VirtualBox: I did not used to have a problem with bringing PC back from sleep or hibernation. When I did I read a lot of people having this issue. I figured it was caused from Windows e.g. a Windows Update but now I believe that it can be a wide range of causes and for me I believe it...