Windows 10: Windows 10 not running games as it should be.

Discus and support Windows 10 not running games as it should be. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a decent laptop pc which has amd a9 processor and a radeon 530 graphics card. In windows 10 all the games like GTA 5 are suffering from super... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AyushAgarwal3, May 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 not running games as it should be.

I have a decent laptop pc which has amd a9 processor and a radeon 530 graphics card.

In windows 10 all the games like GTA 5 are suffering from super frame drops. The framerate drops from 50 to 10 every 5-10 seconds. Before windows 10 while using windows 7 I never had that problem. My laptop doesn't have touchpad driver for windows 7 so i can't live with windows 7. How can I fix this issue with windows 10.

And sorry for my bad english.

:)

AyushAgarwal3, May 18, 2019

2. Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, May 18, 2019
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, May 18, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 not running games as it should be.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 not running games as it should be.

1. Windows 10 not running games as it should be. - Similar Threads - running games should

2. Games not running in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Games not running in windows 10: I have recently installed windows 10 on my system. I wanted to run a game on my pc. But when I open the game, nothing happens. I tried opening the windows task manager to see whether the game is opening or not. When I open windows task manager, I see the game name 32 bit but...
  3. Laptop not running games as it should.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not running games as it should.: So around 2018 I first bought this laptop from best buy, and for the whole year, it was working great up until I would say middle of 2019. Every single game I played would constantly stutter, by that I mean for the first couple of minutes while I was playing the game I would...
  4. When should System Main run in Windows 10?

When should System Main run in Windows 10?: I have noticed in Task manager that this file usually runs a few minutes after starting the Windows 10 laptop computer. This is usually after loading a few background apps. I have noticed that occasionally the background apps do not load at the start, although they still...
  5. Games dont run on Windows 10

Games dont run on Windows 10: Hi all, When i first installed Win 10 my games worked perfectly since windows update installed all its updates nearly all my games do not run or play...steam doest list my games anymore even thought they are clearly there wont runs sims 4 but runs sims 3 WoW etc will not...
  6. Windows 10 2004 Games not running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 2004 Games not running.: I did a fresh install of windows 10 2004, works perfectly, but today I trayed to ploy mass effect 1 and mass effect 2 on steam, both do not running. All updates are installed, at this day trying to play mass effect 1 and 2, no errors so far, for me it's the best versions...
  7. My game launcher will run a game then disappear as it should, but I can't play the game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My game launcher will run a game then disappear as it should, but I can't play the game: I've downloaded The Sims Medieval to my PC through Origin, and my PC recognizes and runs the launcher and all the installers just fine, but when I launch the game, it just runs in the background. I can find it in the task manager but have no clue if I can somehow bring the...
  8. in windows 10 what services should be running and which should be stopped

in Windows 10 Customization
    in windows 10 what services should be running and which should be stopped: I noticed that some of my services in task manager have been stopped and I would like to know if they should be stopped. Rather than trying to solve this myself and risk any further problems, any help would be appreciated...
  9. Games not running as they should be (not NVIDIA control panel)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games not running as they should be (not NVIDIA control panel): Hi there I would really appreciate it if someone could lend me a hand with trying to tackle this problem I have. Yesterday I reset my laptop because I was wanting to get it fresh and clean for college and get rid of all the apps and such that came with it as I purchased it...
  10. Games not running as they should be (not NVIDIA control panel)

in Windows 10 Support
    Games not running as they should be (not NVIDIA control panel): Hi there I would really appreciate it if someone could lend me a hand with trying to tackle this problem I have. Yesterday I reset my laptop because I was wanting to get it fresh and clean for college and get rid of all the apps and such that came with it as I purchased it...