Windows 10: Windows 10 not running or installing Java 8

Discus and support Windows 10 not running or installing Java 8 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I wanted to play some classic minecraft and started it, but I always got an error that says that "it couldnt find javaw.exe". The file was there and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by genoen, Jul 14, 2019.

1. genoen Win User

Windows 10 not running or installing Java 8

I wanted to play some classic minecraft and started it, but I always got an error that says that "it couldnt find javaw.exe". The file was there and I manually tried to fix it but it didnt matter what I did, I still got the same error.

Half a year ago I tried to install Java8 because my system didnt have java intalled at all. When i tried installing Java8 I got the famous "Java Error 1603", tried fixing it with online solutions but nothing changed. Same error, so I moved on.

Now I tried fixing it again and again until the point where I feel like I tried everything.

Java7 installation for example works fine. Java8 will always give me the 1603 Error while installing.

Things I tried that I remember from the stuff I tried:
    - changing variables of java
    - completely removing and installing java

- using javas official solutions for fixing

- trying to make the java control panel visible at all
    - uninstalling a specific windows update
    ---> these all DID NOT fix my problem

I have windows 10 64bit. When it comes to minecraft I could play the Microsoft Store version of the game but I dont want to spend money for that when i have a Minecraft-Java-Version account that I already payed for. The store free version works fine by the way.

Thanks for any help at all.

:)

genoen, Jul 14, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 14, 2019
  3. R User Win User
    Can't install Java 8 Update 91 in Windows 10

Incorrect on the instructions:

Step 1: Windows R --> Services.msc

(plural, not singular, otherwise you can't even get past step 1)

Anyway, regardless of starting the service, after installing Java 8 update 91 on Windows 10, a reboot results in a command prompt window with a path error locating the java exe

why??!!!

R User, Jul 14, 2019
  4. Windows 10 not running or installing Java 8

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 not running or installing Java 8

1. Windows 10 not running or installing Java 8 - Similar Threads - running installing Java

2. COMMAND PROMPT: JAVA PROGRAM WRITE, COMPILE, AND RUN ON "WINDOWS 8 X64 BIT"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COMMAND PROMPT: JAVA PROGRAM WRITE, COMPILE, AND RUN ON "WINDOWS 8 X64 BIT": In the previous version of windows writing java programs is done via "edit " command. Bur now in the modern 64bit version of windows don't have the classic MS-Editoredit.exe though 32bit versions still have it.. In 64bit Windows the only option to write any text via CMD is...
  3. COMMAND PROMPT: JAVA PROGRAM WRITE, COMPILE, AND RUN ON "WINDOWS 8 X64 BIT"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COMMAND PROMPT: JAVA PROGRAM WRITE, COMPILE, AND RUN ON "WINDOWS 8 X64 BIT": In the previous version of windows writing java programs is done via "edit " command. Bur now in the modern 64bit version of windows don't have the classic MS-Editoredit.exe though 32bit versions still have it.. In 64bit Windows the only option to write any text via CMD is...
  4. Java installer doesn't run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java installer doesn't run: Hello, I need Java to run Minecraft but the installer doesn't run.I'm running: Windows 11 Build 22543.1000.More info:My user name contains special characters like: ł, ć, ą, ó, etc.I tried 2 versions of Java:8u51 and 8u321, and they didn't run.I also tried Online version and...
  5. Java installer doesn't run

Java installer doesn't run: Hello, I need Java to run Minecraft but the installer doesn't run.I'm running: Windows 11 Build 22543.1000.More info:My user name contains special characters like: ł, ć, ą, ó, etc.I tried 2 versions of Java:8u51 and 8u321, and they didn't run.I also tried Online version and...
  6. Cant run Java setup on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant run Java setup on Windows 10?: Hi, i ve been trying to load java to my laptop however it doesn't work. I have gone to the java website and downloaded the latest version of java which was successful. However when i double click to run the setup, loading circle pops up next to the mouse cursor, after couple...
  7. windows 10 will not install java

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 will not install java: had to reinstall windows 10 because my computer was running so slow for some reason. Now it's fine, but will not let me install Java, and I have program that I need that uses Java. Any ideas? Thanks...
  8. Running windows 8 upgraded to 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Running windows 8 upgraded to 10: My computer crashed hard. I did nothing but come home from work and all I had was Windows 10 lost all my programs Now I get this message that say's to reconnect drive file history. I'm no computer whiz-bang. But I don't understand I have found where drive D is turned off...
  9. Java Installer doesn't run

Java Installer doesn't run: Win 10 Pro x64 1607. Java Installer won't run, period. Well, the 32 bit one will start, per Task Mgr processes - Java Platform SE Binary (32 bit) - but disappears in a few seconds. The 64 bit version doesn't even do that much. My problems with installing Java started with the...
  10. Java Installer Won't Run

Java Installer Won't Run: Anytime I try to install Java on my friend's computer, the installer doesn't even work. I get the loading wheel for a split second, then nothing happens. Her computer seems to be corrupt or something, but when I run the sfc, it doesn't find any issues and the chkdsk doesn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 java not running