Windows 10: Windows 10 not saving my folder view options

Discus and support Windows 10 not saving my folder view options in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello forum! First of all I apologize for my bad English. It is a somewhat annoying subject, the problem is the following. The personal User folder,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LORPAL, Aug 13, 2020.

1. LORPAL Win User

Windows 10 not saving my folder view options

Hello forum! First of all I apologize for my bad English. It is a somewhat annoying subject, the problem is the following. The personal User folder, from time to time does not save the configuration of the folder view. I always have it saved so that it shows folders in details but it is restored in icons.
    Any request? I have Windows 10 x64 version 2004.

Thanks in advance, greetings.

:)

LORPAL, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 not saving my folder view options.

Folder options work off of templates for folder type (General, Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos).

The easiest way to set the templates is to go to each of your User folders of that type (Downloads=general, Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos) and set the folder columns and view the way you want all folders of that type to appear. Set all things the way you want (column sorted, column position, columns presented, and view - details, list, image size ...)

When you're happy with the folder presentation, press the file menu on Explorer,

Windows 10 not saving my folder view options [​IMG]

select Change folder and search options options

Press the the view tab

Press the [ Apply to Folders ] button
    Repeat the process for each folder type (Downloads=general, Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos)

Slartybart, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Windows 10 not saving my folder view options

Windows 10 not saving my folder view options.

Thanks for clarifying, it does not sound as though ESET is causing the issue on your machine then.
    There's a neat Windows utility that will capture the steps, the only thing is that it creates HTML and the forum down't let members post HTML, so you will have to put the output in a compressed folder (.zip) and attach that folder.

Start > All apps > Accessories > Steps Recorder

Launch the recorder, do your search(es), stop the recorder, save the output, than put it in a zip folder and attach the zip.

re: Regedit - it is still version 5, no change in Win10.

The process you posted tells Windows to not try to determine the folder type by what the folder contains (if you put a picture in a document type folder, Windows might try to change that folder to a picture type folder. I don't know if that still applies to Widows 10 though or if the registry mods will work in Win10.

I don't think that has any bearing on the Search issue on your machine.

Screen shots of the process you're using would help.

Slartybart, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 not saving my folder view options

1. Windows 10 not saving my folder view options - Similar Threads - saving folder view

2. Folder view option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder view option: How to always show folders as icons and show files as thumbnails? I went to Folder Option -> View tab and see that this two settings goes together https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-view-option/5a0d8e1d-8e72-4268-a547-15d778310392
  3. Folder view option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder view option: How to always show folders as icons and show files as thumbnails? I went to Folder Option -> View tab and see that this two settings goes together https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-view-option/5a0d8e1d-8e72-4268-a547-15d778310392
  4. Folder view option

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Folder view not saving in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder view not saving in Windows 11: Hope I can explain this in an easy manner.I usually like to keep my folder view with the large view option. It is easy to just select the Video option when I select optimize this folder for option.Normally when I do this, it stays this way. Now. once I close the window & open...
  6. Folder view not saving in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder view not saving in Windows 11: Hope I can explain this in an easy manner.I usually like to keep my folder view with the large view option. It is easy to just select the Video option when I select optimize this folder for option.Normally when I do this, it stays this way. Now. once I close the window & open...
  7. Windows 10 folder contents view options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 folder contents view options: I was wondering how to turn off the folder contents "organization" nonesense. Today, Earlier This Week, Last Week, Earlier This Month, Last Month, Last year, A long time ago. It's super annoying. I just want to be able to sort by file type or date modified etc... without...
  8. Windows 10 folder view option problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 folder view option problem: Hello there, i recently tried opened "changefolder and search options", there in the view tab, i found OFF and ON written at the end of each check box item. For e.g. "Always show menus-OFF". Did this happen bcoz of a virus or bad registry entry. Kindly help. 123224
  9. Windows 10 not saving my folder view options.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not saving my folder view options.: Please, I need help ASAP. I don't know why or when but suddenly Windows became unable to save wherever change I made to a folder. Since Win7 I despise this "new" system in which, if you want to make a folder organize it's elements by Modification Time, you must do it in...
  10. Folder view not saving

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder view not saving: I made a screenrecord for your understanding. Sendvid - Instant video upload 18513

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 Folder view way save