Windows 10: Windows 10 not saving my folder view options.

Discus and support Windows 10 not saving my folder view options. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please, I need help ASAP. I don't know why or when but suddenly Windows became unable to save wherever change I made to a folder. Since Win7 I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArlandrioFF, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Windows 10 not saving my folder view options.

Please, I need help ASAP.

I don't know why or when but suddenly Windows became unable to save wherever change I made to a folder. Since Win7 I despise this "new" system in which, if you want to make a folder organize it's elements by Modification Time, you must do it in every single folder and if you have a lot, that becomes really annoying. Now, the thing is that I have My Videos folder organize by Modification Time, so I go, right click, view options, more columns..., I pick it and then I do it. But when I reload the folder it doesn't save any of what I just did. It goes back to default which is organize by Name. Also, I have it set to Very Large Icons, that doesn't either. I tried resetting them to default, I tried running sfc/scannow and it did repair something but didn't solve my issue.

If someone is sharing my fate and happen to find the answer, please share it. I'm on the edge of reformatting. I can't stand this.

:)

ArlandrioFF, Sep 17, 2015

2. How can I view Internet documents without saving them to my computer?

It's about the viewing of Emails. Older Windows gave me the option of viewing, saving etc. to emails. This Windows 10 does not give me that option, only gives me: Save, Save as, Cancel. Once I Save as, then I get the option to view it. I don't want
    to save first, I want to view. How do I do this. Having to save in a Folder the later going back to delete that folders items is ridiculous.

ForistJohnson, Sep 17, 2015
  3. Folders forget their last VIEW and screen placement settings

After doing a Folder>VIEW>OPTIONS>change>RESET FOLDERS, I can NOT get back to being able to save prior settings after doing

Folder>VIEW>OPTIONS>change folder options>VIEW>APPLY to Folders.

It's frustrating.NO ESET. What's going on?

Help and a solution would be appreciated.

Windows 10 PRO.

Abraham.Cohen, Sep 17, 2015
  4. Windows 10 not saving my folder view options.

I have the same problem.

bluescorpion33, Sep 17, 2015
  5. LIO
    Lio Win User
    Same here!
    It started yesterday and it's now enough to switch back and forth and all my view option are resetted.

And my PC has just been formatted.

6. Folder options work off of templates for folder type (General, Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos).

The easiest way to set the templates is to go to each of your User folders of that type (Downloads=general, Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos) and set the folder columns and view the way you want all folders of that type to appear. Set all things the way you want (column sorted, column position, columns presented, and view - details, list, image size ...)

When you're happy with the folder presentation, press the file menu on Explorer,

Windows 10 not saving my folder view options. [​IMG]

select Change folder and search options options

Press the the view tab

Windows 10 not saving my folder view options. [​IMG]

Press the [ Apply to Folders ] button
    Repeat the process for each folder type (Downloads=general, Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos)

Slartybart, Sep 17, 2015
  7. CRACING Win User
    Guys, please search before posting. This issue is noticed many days ago and there is already a thread here.

I think you have installed latest eset security software which is believed to be causing this issue. However, uninstallation doesn't help so you have either reset or restore system.

CRACING, Sep 17, 2015
  8. LIO
    Lio Win User

Windows 10 not saving my folder view options.

I did a really deep search here and in many other site and forum. I've found only here the Eset problem and - as I wrote in the post you mention - I run me too Eset Smart Security.

My problem started only yesterday and for sure I don't want to reset or restore my newly installed OS.
    However, my software Eset has not been updated to the latest versions (except for anti-virus signatures).

Any contact with Eset customer care?

9. LIO
    Lio Win User
    This was one of the first things I did.... but in that way I only set all the folders in the same way and this is not what I want.

I don't want that a folder with zip files, or exe files, comes with large icon view. Nor a document folder.
    So that way is not a good solution and I had to reset all to default view.

10. Then you missed the point. Set your Documents folder to view details and apply to all Document type folders.

If you have exe or zip files in a Pictures or Video type folder, then the folder view will show those files as if they were Pictures or Videos - that's the purpose of Apply View to all folders of this type. Where you store things is up to you.

My suggestion was that you set each folder type the way you want it. This is how I set up my folder types:
    Documents and General folder types display details, sorted by date
    Pictures and Video folder types display medium icons, sorted by name
    Music folder types display large icons, sorted by album

I've found that the key is to set up the columns, then
    choose the layout (details, iconSize, content, tiles, list, etc), then
    Apply to all folders of that type.

Libraries work a little differently, so I won't go into that.

If you post screen shots of what you have and what you want, that would make it a lot easier.

Thanks

Slartybart, Sep 17, 2015
  11. You have a newly installed OS and you have not updated your other software - this is a recipe for errors.

Here's an ESET link that might help:
    How do I upgrade to Windows 10 with my ESET product installed? ESET Knowledgebase

Slartybart, Sep 17, 2015
  12. LIO
    Lio Win User
    My fault... I was not clear.
    When I installed Win 10, my Eset Smart Security had not been installed yet.
    I did an installation almost clean: I installed win 8.1 and immediately after, I upgrade to Win 10, without installing any software.

So, when I installed Eset, automatically I downloaded the right version for Win 10 with the Eset Live installer.
    So, I don't think there is any error.

And my problem viewing folders started only yesterday. Before there is no problem *Sad

13. Windows 10 not saving my folder view options.

So it goes because of ESET? Strange, I had it installed for a while. I wasn't planning on keep with it, just testing it. Anyway, I went ham and I reformatted my PC. It's all good now. No ESET then.

PS: I tried everything on this forum, that's why I was a bit terrified. I hate when thing get out of control.

ArlandrioFF, Sep 18, 2015
  14. I think I love you. I've been looking for this all my life. Years of raging in Windows 7 because it was nothing like XP (Which I used for over 12 years) and I thought they removed it, but nope, hiding all this time over there. Pure love man. You rock.

ArlandrioFF, Sep 18, 2015
  15. CRACING Win User
    Yes thats what happens. I have done fresh installs, reset and restore every time I have faced this issue and its been a month I'm facing. But everytime I used to install eset smart security 9 because I never though its causing this issue, until now.

Searched lot over internet and found related things like "Apply to folders" in folders options, Bags reset, scancfg, Zeroaccess rootkit and etc but none helped.

I still doesn't believe a antivirus can cause such issues but many of us who have/are facing this issue have installed eset.

CRACING, Sep 18, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 not saving my folder view options.

1. Windows 10 not saving my folder view options. - Similar Threads - saving folder view

2. Folder view option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder view option: How to always show folders as icons and show files as thumbnails? I went to Folder Option -> View tab and see that this two settings goes together https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-view-option/5a0d8e1d-8e72-4268-a547-15d778310392
  3. Folder view option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder view option: How to always show folders as icons and show files as thumbnails? I went to Folder Option -> View tab and see that this two settings goes together https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-view-option/5a0d8e1d-8e72-4268-a547-15d778310392
  4. Folder view option

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Folder view not saving in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder view not saving in Windows 11: Hope I can explain this in an easy manner.I usually like to keep my folder view with the large view option. It is easy to just select the Video option when I select optimize this folder for option.Normally when I do this, it stays this way. Now. once I close the window & open...
  6. Folder view not saving in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder view not saving in Windows 11: Hope I can explain this in an easy manner.I usually like to keep my folder view with the large view option. It is easy to just select the Video option when I select optimize this folder for option.Normally when I do this, it stays this way. Now. once I close the window & open...
  7. Windows 10 not saving my folder view options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not saving my folder view options: Hello forum! First of all I apologize for my bad English. It is a somewhat annoying subject, the problem is the following. The personal User folder, from time to time does not save the configuration of the folder view. I always have it saved so that it shows folders in...
  8. Windows 10 folder contents view options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 folder contents view options: I was wondering how to turn off the folder contents "organization" nonesense. Today, Earlier This Week, Last Week, Earlier This Month, Last Month, Last year, A long time ago. It's super annoying. I just want to be able to sort by file type or date modified etc... without...
  9. Windows 10 folder view option problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 folder view option problem: Hello there, i recently tried opened "changefolder and search options", there in the view tab, i found OFF and ON written at the end of each check box item. For e.g. "Always show menus-OFF". Did this happen bcoz of a virus or bad registry entry. Kindly help. 123224
  10. Folder view not saving

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder view not saving: I made a screenrecord for your understanding. Sendvid - Instant video upload 18513