Windows 10: Windows 10 not saving screenshots

Discus and support Windows 10 not saving screenshots in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've already looked through at least a dozen forums on this. They aren't saving to my Onedrive or anywhere else. Also, my Users folder is stuck on Read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dank-Memes, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 not saving screenshots

I've already looked through at least a dozen forums on this. They aren't saving to my Onedrive or anywhere else. Also, my Users folder is stuck on Read Only mode, and after changing permissions and inheritance settings, it still won't get out of read only mode. This is weird considering the fact that screenshots are the only thing that I know of that don't work. I've exhausted everything I know to do at this point.

:)

Dank-Memes, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Screenshots no longer being saved to well, screenshots.

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Windows 10 not saving captured Screenshots in Pictures folder

• Press Windows Key + R combination, type put Regedt32.exe
      in Run dialog box and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
    • Navigate to the following location:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

3. In the right pane of this location look for the ScreenshotIndex
    named DWORD (REG_DWORD). Since you’re facing the issue of screenshots not being saved, you’ll find this DWORD missing. So create the same using Right click -> New -> DWORD Value. Double click on the same DWORD to modify its Value data:

4. In the above shown box, first select the Decimal base and then input the Value data as 695. Click OK. Now to point out this registry DWORD to correct user profile settings, you should checkout the User Shell Folders entry inside Registry Editor. So
    move here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

5. In the right pane of this location, click on the {B7BEDE81-DF94-4682-A7D8-57A52620B86F} entry which is expandable string (REG_EXPAND_SZ). Make sure it point out to following Value data:
    %USERPROFILE%\Pictures\Screenshots

After confirming the Value data, you can close the Registry Editor and reboot. Now, try to capture screenshots, you’ll observe that screenshots got saved where they should be, means the issue has been resolved.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Windows 10 not saving screenshots

Saving screenshots on Surface Device

Hi Louie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to saving Screenshot on your PC.

You can use the Snip & sketch or snipping tool on Windows 10 to take and save screenshots on your PC. For more information you may want to refer the articles below:

I hope the information provided answers your query.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 not saving screenshots

1. Windows 10 not saving screenshots - Similar Threads - saving screenshots

2. Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error: When I go into the snipping tool settings and turn on Automatically save screenshots, when I create a screenshot I receive the below error: Since last MS update is this feature now broken? Running Windows 11 version 23H2 Os Build 22631.3447...
  3. Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error: When I go into the snipping tool settings and turn on Automatically save screenshots, when I create a screenshot I receive the below error: Since last MS update is this feature now broken? Running Windows 11 version 23H2 Os Build 22631.3447...
  4. Windows 11 Snippit Tool - "Couldn't save screenshot"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Snippit Tool - "Couldn't save screenshot": For a few months and most likely after an update, the Windows 11 Snippit Tool has been giving me the following error:Couldn't save screenshot Wait a bit and try again. If this continues send us your feedback.It used to save them automatically to my OneDrive Picture...
  5. Windows 11 Snippit Tool - "Couldn't save screenshot"

Windows 11 Snippit Tool - "Couldn't save screenshot": For a few months and most likely after an update, the Windows 11 Snippit Tool has been giving me the following error:Couldn't save screenshot Wait a bit and try again. If this continues send us your feedback.It used to save them automatically to my OneDrive Picture...
  6. How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool: How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool, I want JPG instead of .PNG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-jpg-as-a-default-when-saving-screenshot/5ed679e1-6459-4e2e-bf38-c5dcc0d24d6e
  7. How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool

How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool: How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool, I want JPG instead of .PNG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-jpg-as-a-default-when-saving-screenshot/5ed679e1-6459-4e2e-bf38-c5dcc0d24d6e
  8. I can't see my screenshot after taking screenshot. Where are they saved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see my screenshot after taking screenshot. Where are they saved?: I have taken screenshots by pressin windows+Fn+PrtSc. When opening the caputed screenshot, i couldn't see them. where else should i search for them?...
  9. I can't see my screenshot after taking screenshot. Where are they saved?

I can't see my screenshot after taking screenshot. Where are they saved?: I have taken screenshots by pressin windows+Fn+PrtSc. When opening the caputed screenshot, i couldn't see them. where else should i search for them?...
  10. insert screenshot directly into adobe without saving screenshot

insert screenshot directly into adobe without saving screenshot: Howdee all. I'm doing a bunch of screenshots using the windows 11 screenshot tool. I'm then taking those screenshots, saving them as png files, and then inserting them into adobe acrobat pdf files I have acrobat pro. Is there a way to insert the images directly from the...