Windows 10: Windows 10 not seeing my router.

Discus and support Windows 10 not seeing my router. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can not access my router settings from my pc. I use different browsers to no avail. I can access the settings with my iPad so I know it not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cherokee59, May 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10 not seeing my router.

I can not access my router settings from my pc. I use different browsers to no avail. I can access the settings with my iPad

so I know it not the router.

:)

Cherokee59, May 17, 2019
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 17, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    wireless conection to router

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router's name in the wireless networks list?
    • Are you able to connect to the router but unable to connect to the Internet?
    • Do you receive any error message when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls
    and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, May 17, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 not seeing my router.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 not seeing my router.

1. Windows 10 not seeing my router. - Similar Threads - seeing router

2. PC windows 10 & laptop windows 11 connected Ethernet via Router/modem can't see each other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC windows 10 & laptop windows 11 connected Ethernet via Router/modem can't see each other...: PC windows 10 & laptop windows 11 connected Ethernet via Router/modem can't see each other drives and file folders are sharable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-windows-10-laptop-windows-11-connected-ethernet/278057b0-76d8-4ee1-a2d3-8fcd775396ee
  3. PC windows 10 & laptop windows 11 connected Ethernet via Router/modem can't see each other...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC windows 10 & laptop windows 11 connected Ethernet via Router/modem can't see each other...: PC windows 10 & laptop windows 11 connected Ethernet via Router/modem can't see each other drives and file folders are sharable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-windows-10-laptop-windows-11-connected-ethernet/278057b0-76d8-4ee1-a2d3-8fcd775396ee
  4. Unable to see my router under the Network tab in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to see my router under the Network tab in file explorer: Hello, I'm trying to port forward so I can get open NAT type it is currently strict to play with my friends in Call Of Duty: Black Ops III. I tried to port forward through my routers site, but I had no luck with that, I watched some tutorials and all tutorials show that you...
  5. Unable to see my router under the Network tab in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to see my router under the Network tab in file explorer: Hello, I'm trying to port forward so I can get open NAT type it is currently strict to play with my friends in Call Of Duty: Black Ops III. I tried to port forward through my routers site, but I had no luck with that, I watched some tutorials and all tutorials show that you...
  6. Win 10 Says Connected but no internet, but other devices work & router sees computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Says Connected but no internet, but other devices work & router sees computer: Hello.On my gaming PC I have no internet. The Wi-Fi is connected but it says no internet connection. I cannot even access my router settings page, but all my other devices have internet and if I login to the router on another device I can see my gaming PC and it has an IP. If...
  7. My wireless adaptor does not see my new 5G router but can see my neighbour's similar router...

My wireless adaptor does not see my new 5G router but can see my neighbour's similar router...: Hi friends, Can some help me with finding my wifi connection? All the devices in my home can connect to the new SSID connection except my laptop. I have Windows 10 and have used almost every tip I could get on the internet, including: - Updating driver - Enabling TCP IPv6...
  8. Seeing items not in my network, in my network ...after gettingn new router

Seeing items not in my network, in my network ...after gettingn new router: Greetings: I have an HP probook with windows 10 professional 64 bit. I have had this computer now since October, and I thoroughly enjoy it. It's been a learning curve with windows 10 but I do like it. About two weeks ago Frontier the internet company provided me an...
  9. Can see router but can't connect

Can see router but can't connect: Windows 10 did an update and I can't connect to my router not even using 192.168.1.1 or web address. I'm able to see it and that is all. Windows tells me it can't connect to network and I tried a lot of the suggestions and still nothing. Window refuses to even let me reload...
  10. Windows 10 cannot see ext USB HDD drive attached to the Router

Windows 10 cannot see ext USB HDD drive attached to the Router: when I connected a Toshiba ext USB drive to the back of my Huawei AG635 router, the router software could see the drive but Windows 10 did not. had enabled SAMBA and media sharing but every time i tried to add a new network location using the same IP address as the router...