Windows 10: Windows 10 not showing alivable networks

Discus and support Windows 10 not showing alivable networks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So it was all fine until I installed linux ubuntu as a second os trough dos. Everything was fine in ubuntu until i went back to win 10. There I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Some random Dude 909, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Windows 10 not showing alivable networks

So it was all fine until I installed linux ubuntu as a second os trough dos. Everything was fine in ubuntu until i went back to win 10. There I realized that windows was unable to find any connection. I tried everything, read other simmilar posts, but none of them worked. Please help!

:)

Some random Dude 909, Jan 13, 2021

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Cyclelegs Win User
    Available Networks Not Showing in Windows 10

Recently my list of WiFi Networks has stopped displaying when I am logged-in to my Local Windows 10 Account. 'Show Available Networks' does not show any networks.

This is a display issue not a network issue. There is nothing wrong with the core network management system and network trouble shooting steps are pointless.

I am able to show a list of networks by logging-out of my local windows 10 account and using the network connection manager from the 'Login' screen. Within my local Windows 10 account I can use netsh wlan commands to fully manage my wireless networks.

When I try to 'List Available Networks' when logged-in to Local Windows 10 account, I get an error logged in the windows event viewer logs:

Code:
    Faulting application name: ShellExperienceHost.exe, version: 10.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0x5ace103a

Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.17134.112, time stamp: 0x77b6f555

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x000000000009c275

Faulting process ID: 0x13f0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d40ef1a4578de3

Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\twinapi.appcore.dll

Report ID: d0d123cf-3cc0-480b-ad57-1e479db387b3

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.17134.112_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Faulting package-relative application ID: App
    Any suggestions on how to restore my network list display?

Cyclelegs, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 not showing alivable networks

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 not showing alivable networks

1. Windows 10 not showing alivable networks - Similar Threads - showing alivable networks

2. Calibration with Room Alive Kit not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Calibration with Room Alive Kit not working properly: Hello, the procam calibration of the roomalive toolkit is not working properly. if I start projectserver.exe doesn't start properly. screenshot belowAlso I cant really debug.It just opens the window frame and not showing any data values but when I open CalibrateEnsemble.exe...
  3. Windows 10 Pro network will not show on network computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro network will not show on network computers: I installed win 10 pro and have been unable to share files or folders in my privat network.Tried lots of tips from youtube no effectAll other computers work and share just one is blocked.Help!!!!...
  4. USB HDD Keep Alive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB HDD Keep Alive: Hello everyone. I have a specific need. Before you say "do this instead" or get a Nas, I simply cannot afford any other options. I have a USB HDD attached to my router. My computer hosts a Plex Media server. That USB drive has it's own share drive in File Explorer. My only...
  5. OneDrive alive again

OneDrive alive again: After a botched PCMover file transfer from Windows 10 laptop to Windows 10 laptop, I see all these folders under This PC whose properties indicate OneDrive in the path. My entire Excel documents in one subfolder show 0KB although I have these files in my User backup. I did...
  6. Windows 10 no networks show up???

Windows 10 no networks show up???: Hello all, I have a fairly recent dell computer and it has been acting up. About 3 days ago, it would connect to a network normally, but after about 30 minutes or so, the internet would stop working. It would just show that I was connected to that network, but it would say no...
  7. Andriod Comes Alive (Maybe)

in Windows 10 Support
    Andriod Comes Alive (Maybe): Has anyone successfully put (dual booted) Windows 10 and Andriod together? If not, then what type of machine should I get that will run Andriod without being a tablet? Thanks. 109266
  8. Windows 10 - Network Not Showing

Windows 10 - Network Not Showing: I set up file sharing direct between a windows 7 machine and a new windows 10 machine via a Ethernet cable. The windows 7 machine network is not showing on the windows 10 machine, but when I type "file://computername" in the windows explorer address bar I can get the windows...
  9. windows 10 showing not connected to a network

windows 10 showing not connected to a network: Hi my windows 10 pc is connected to the internet OK, and I can access the web, but is showing no network connection. there is no !known networks option! showing on setting page ?.I wish to set up home sharing, I have rebooted the router, deleted and re-installed the driver...
  10. Microsoft Says It’s Fully Committed to Keeping Windows 10 Mobile Alive

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Says It’s Fully Committed to Keeping Windows 10 Mobile Alive: Microsoft takes another step out of cellphones as Nokia plots return Ten months after writing down much of its disastrous acquisition of Nokia’s handset business, Microsoft took another step to unwind the deal. Microsoft on Wednesday agreed to unload its low-end...