Windows 10: WIndows 10 Not Showing Folder Properties

Discus and support WIndows 10 Not Showing Folder Properties in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 not showing file and folders properties. I am trying all methods that u told before about same problems to others users.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RamniwasBatar, Oct 7, 2020.

1. WIndows 10 Not Showing Folder Properties

Windows 10 not showing file and folders properties. I am trying all methods that u told before about same problems to others users.

:)

RamniwasBatar, Oct 7, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 7, 2020
  3. psbecker Win User
    Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Oct 7, 2020
  4. WIndows 10 Not Showing Folder Properties

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

WIndows 10 Not Showing Folder Properties

1. WIndows 10 Not Showing Folder Properties - Similar Threads - Showing Folder Properties

2. Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Properties: I'm unable to change the properties on any of my folders within Windows 10. As an example I have hundreds of music folders so I'd like to optimise them for Music, but can't change them from the 'General' default. This must have been triggered by an update at some point as I...
  3. Windows 10. Folder contains 11 folders they show on properties but recently I noticed I can...

Windows 10. Folder contains 11 folders they show on properties but recently I noticed I can...: Windows 10. I have an external drive with a folder called "Media" which contains all my photos/videos from old cell phones since 2010. This folder used to have 11 folders. Now I just noticed the older folders disappeared, I can see only 3 recently created directories. 8...
  4. Folder size in disk properties and folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder size in disk properties and folder properties: I've just moved data from three HDs to one 8Tb hard drive. Everything is there, but the folder size reporting is weird, just weird. See attached...single top level folder is reported as 465Gb - folders within that are larger are reported as such (see pic 5 of 5 in the zip). I...
  5. Properties of Onedrive folder shows incorrect size

Properties of Onedrive folder shows incorrect size: My onedrive folder 91gb. I completely synced it on disk D. When I try to check size of onedrive folder - it shows only 37gb! Hovewer, used space on disk D is 91gb. How can I be sure that onedrive works well and all of my files on my disk? Thanks [ATTACH]...
  6. odd problem that shows erroneous data in folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    odd problem that shows erroneous data in folder properties: Need some help to understand a confusing situation. The issue is that when I click on ‘properties’ of duplicate folders on different drives, the size/file count isn’t the same… The situation is that I am creating a backup architecture, using 2 hard drives, and 2 USB drives....
  7. Windows 10 showing wrong size of folder in properties option

Windows 10 showing wrong size of folder in properties option: hi, i am having problem with the properties option. i am using windows 10 and just encountered a problem. i was checking the size of one of my folder (in terms of checking how much space it occupies on hard drive). i got some figure around 60.04 GB. just to cross verify i...
  8. Folders Showing Properties Insted Of Opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders Showing Properties Insted Of Opening: saturdy i replaced my motherboard and then reinstalled 10 pro 1703. everything was working great until after a reboot when i would click on a folder or a program shortcut it would open the properties instead of launching the program or opening the folder. i ran into this once...
  9. Folder Properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Properties: Hello, On my pc I have many music files, located in different folders. When I open a new folder and populate it with audio files, immediately in the upper bar are descriptions as on attached screenshot. Even when I change the folder's properties from "music" to "General",...
  10. File properties in folders not showing special letter

in Windows 10 Support
    File properties in folders not showing special letter: Hi, Whenever I try to change a file properties to one with special letters it's automatically changes the letter to '?'. For exaple: If I have a .mp3 sonf file and I go to the file's properties-> Details. And in the Title I want to change to name to "Mañana" ('tomorrow'...