Windows 10: Windows 10 not showing photo thumbnails on Onedrive Folders. (about 15% of the thumbs ARE...

Discus and support Windows 10 not showing photo thumbnails on Onedrive Folders. (about 15% of the thumbs ARE... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have dealt with this issue for more than one year. Not all thumbnails are missing, but about 85%. If I move to some of the missing thumbnails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CauZion, Jul 19, 2019.

1. CauZion Win User

Windows 10 not showing photo thumbnails on Onedrive Folders. (about 15% of the thumbs ARE...

I have dealt with this issue for more than one year.

Not all thumbnails are missing, but about 85%.

If I move to some of the missing thumbnails files outside Onedrive I'm able to see thumbnails.

Actually, if I COPY any of those files to a different folder inside Onedrive, I'm able to see the thumbnails for SOME time.

After a few days, they won't be available anymore.

For me, it's clearly a problem of rights (??!!) to those files when Onedrive updates any image info, sync status or the thumbnails themselves.

Please, before any unuseful suggestion, I have tried all the suggested solutions available in the Microsoft forum, including total reinstallation of Windows 10.

My computer was an old i7 with 12GB RAM, so I bought a new one (not because of this specific issue), but now the same problem is happening on my new computer too.

It's weird that many times when I go to those image folders, the thumbs are showed for 1 second or less and then become not visible.

Microsoft must look at this problem seriously. It's an old issue. I work with images every day and I have to use other apps to navigate and view image thumbnails. It's sad.

Carlos

:)

CauZion, Jul 19, 2019
  2. Clavius Win User

Preview Pane for Images/Some Thumbnails/Photos not Working Only on OneDrive Folder

The preview pane and thumbnails as well as the Photos app are not working, but only on my OneDrive folder. It works fine on an exact copy of the same files that are not in the OneDrive synced folder structure (and known to Windows as being OneDrive).

• Open OneDrive Folder, navigate to photos directory
    • Sony Raw images (.ARW) do not show thumbnails. (I have the Sony plug in installed)
    • Double click on a raw file, Photos says "We can't open this file."
    • Click on a jpeg file, and with preview window turned on, no preview appears
    • Double click on jpeg file, opens fine in Photos, and then the preview window image appears

• Navigate to a directory that is not synced to OneDrive
    • Sony Raw thumbnails show up fine. They also show up in the preview window.
    • Double click on Raw file and Photos opens it up without problems

• Back to OneDrive photo directory
    • Copy raw file to desktop
    • Immediately the thumbnail appears and the file can be opened with Photos. The same file that it can't open from Explorer in the OneDrive directory

This is only happening on my desktop. My laptop is fine. Both same versions of Windows 10 Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19

Clavius, Jul 19, 2019
  3. OneDrive on windows 10 explorer won't show thumbnails.

Hello, I have researched this for several hours and have no results. My photos in OneDrive will not display the thumbnails. I can copy the photos out of OneDrive and paste them anywhere else my PC and immediately the thumbnails appear. I go into the settings
    of OneDrive and check sync all files with PC they don't show and when I unchecked it they begin to show.

I saw somewhere where I can create copies of the photos in the same OneDrive folder and the thumbnails will show. I confirm this that does happen but I'm not going to do this on my 60,000 photos.

I also confirm that while using a third-party Explorer like XYplorer, the thumbnails work just fine. Therefore it is a combination of Windows 10 Explorer and OneDrive where the thumbnails will not show on the photos.

I have also confirmed that it does not work after uninstalling OneDrive and reinstalling it. Also, It does not work after rebooting.

Yes, the checkbox is checked in my advanced settings of folder men used to only to not show icons but always show thumbnails. Yes the performance of my PC is set to for appearance which means all the checkbox are checked. All the thumbnails show and every
    other folder on my computer except those that are under OneDrive. What is the solution?

I have also confirmed that they worked fine under Google Drive and also drop box so the issues are definitely OneDrive and Windows 10 Explorer.

KerryVWhite, Jul 19, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 not showing photo thumbnails on Onedrive Folders. (about 15% of the thumbs ARE...

Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

Open File Explorer > top right, click Options > click Change folder and search options > click View at top > UN-check the box " Always show icons, never thumbnails" > OK when done.

Windows 10 not showing photo thumbnails on Onedrive Folders. (about 15% of the thumbs ARE... [​IMG]

davidhk, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not showing photo thumbnails on Onedrive Folders. (about 15% of the thumbs ARE... - Similar Threads - showing photo thumbnails

2. thumbnails photos does not show in specific folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    thumbnails photos does not show in specific folder: When pressing eg large icons in the view menu the photos does not show. and this happens only in a specific pictures folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnails-photos-does-not-show-in-specific-folder/70b10847-de78-4d74-ac1e-e1a11c80ef36
  3. thumbnails photos does not show in specific folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    thumbnails photos does not show in specific folder: When pressing eg large icons in the view menu the photos does not show. and this happens only in a specific pictures folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnails-photos-does-not-show-in-specific-folder/70b10847-de78-4d74-ac1e-e1a11c80ef36
  4. thumbnails photos does not show in specific folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 not showing photo thumbnails on Onedrive Folders. (about 15% of the thumbs ARE...

Windows 10 not showing photo thumbnails on Onedrive Folders. (about 15% of the thumbs ARE...: Windows 10 not showing photo thumbnails on Onedrive Folders. (about 15% of the thumbs ARE... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-showing-photo-thumbnails-on/604aa166-ea70-448e-8a7f-a0618ba95045"
  6. OneDrive photo thumbnails do not show on the local PC

OneDrive photo thumbnails do not show on the local PC: OneDrive photo thumbnails do not show on the local PC. I tried every version of keeping the jpg on the local computer synced to OneDrive or only available on download. This is a OneDrive issue. If I take the same folder and copy it outside of the OneDrive folder on the PC...
  7. Thumbnails not showing for most pictures in OneDrive folders

Thumbnails not showing for most pictures in OneDrive folders: Hi, So I have pictures, and their thumbnails are showing just fine in regular folders, but once I put them in a OneDrive folder, the thumbnail just disappears after the picture is synced. A weird thing is not all the pictures are affected, some are spared and the thumbs...
  8. Windows 10 won't show photo thumbnails or delete photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't show photo thumbnails or delete photos: Since the last update my windows 10 won't show the thumbnails. I tried to delete some of the photos and they won't delete either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-show-photo-thumbnails-or-delete/7ae425f5-00bd-4b35-a882-4e7189aeb4e8
  9. Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?: Hello, I have a Folder on my Desktop in which I have placed many photos. The listing shows up just fine, and if I click on one of them, it opens perfectly. No problems. But, the listing in the Folder only shows a small IrfanView icon for each of them, and then a...
  10. Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?: Hello, I have a Folder on my Desktop in which I have placed many photos. The listing shows up just fine, and if I click on one of them, it opens perfectly. No problems. But, the listing in the Folder only shows a small IrfanView icon for each of them, and then a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive not showing photos

2. one drive photos not displaying

3. photo app wont display images from onedrive folder

4. window 10 how to show thumbnails rather than,
  5. misssing thumbnails on onedrive,
  6. thumbnails not showing one drive,
  7. thumbnails in onedrive,
  8. show thumbnail of OneDrive picture folder,
  9. thumbnails are not showing in onedrive pictures folders,
  10. onedrive preview raw photo,
  11. one drive photos showing as icons,