Windows 10: Windows 10 not showing the actual Icon in small icon view

Discus and support Windows 10 not showing the actual Icon in small icon view in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, after looking for hours on Google to resolve my Issue, I decided to try my luck here. Because I haven't had any luck so far. The problem:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VentZer0, Jun 14, 2020.

1. VentZer0 Win User

Windows 10 not showing the actual Icon in small icon view

Hi there,

after looking for hours on Google to resolve my Issue, I decided to try my luck here. Because I haven't had any luck so far.

The problem:

Windows 10 not showing the actual Icon in small icon view [​IMG]

On the left you see my file explorer Windows 10 latest update (2004/19041) [on 1903 I had the same issue] . On right you see the same folder being opened on my Server running Windows Server 2012. Note that the Win10 machine doesn't show the actual Icon itself. If I switch to medium, large, extra large view the Icons will be shown. Just not in small icons or details view.

I have tried adjusting Thumbnail cache size, applying the registry fix for broken icon filetypes, resetting the Iconcache, turning thumbnail preview off and on, updating to a new windows build, resetting all Folder Options. Nothing helped.

Any and all help in resolving this issue is greatly appreachiated, because it's driving me nuts. I am working on Icons and I need to see them in small size.

Thanks.

:)

VentZer0, Jun 14, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Labirent Win User

Icon View Issue

Hello all,

I have 2 computers and both have windows 10 installed.
    But the icons on the new computer look very strange.
    Because when I select icon views as "list view", "detailed view" and "small icons",
    I encounter small versions of large icons.
    Small appearances in the icons are not detected.
    Actually i don't know how to tell. Just look at the screenshots I took on two computers.

How is the solution to this problem?

Labirent, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not showing the actual Icon in small icon view - Similar Threads - showing actual Icon

2. Can only see desktop icons in small view.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can only see desktop icons in small view.: How to make desktop icons size work in all size views, can only see desktop Icons in small view? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-only-see-desktop-icons-in-small-view/6e186ad4-36a8-4af9-a6af-8fcbe1ce999c
  3. Can only see desktop icons in small view.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can only see desktop icons in small view.: How to make desktop icons size work in all size views, can only see desktop Icons in small view? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-only-see-desktop-icons-in-small-view/6e186ad4-36a8-4af9-a6af-8fcbe1ce999c
  4. Windows 10 small icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 small icons: I have Windows 10 home edition, and when I select "details" or "small icons", all of my icon files *.ico show up as a thumbnail of a page, and not a picture of the icon itself. How do I fix that. On my work computer Windows 10 professional the 16x16 bit icons show up as the...
  5. Small Icons Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Small Icons Problem: Please look at the screenshot The icons in the top right menu next to the drop-down navigation menu are tiny and can't be worked with in this state How can it be fixed?[ATTACH]...
  6. Icons are so small in Windows 10

Icons are so small in Windows 10: HI, I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 on it, and some icons in the Microsoft Office programs are so small that I can't even see them (see arrows in red, please, notice that I've zoomed in the image) You can hardly see the attachment icons and also check that picture...
  7. change the icons as regards the view of folders (small, big etc. icons)

change the icons as regards the view of folders (small, big etc. icons): Hello. I use a custom theme and I have almost changed all of the system icons besides them. I know I can not directly modify the shell.32.dll in windows 10, so I change the icons in shell32.dll.mui (this way, as I know from personalizations forum, it works) but I do not know...
  8. Small icons, but date still showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Small icons, but date still showing on taskbar: I don't want the date showing on my taskbar, so I put the icon size to small so only the time would show, but it's still showing the date as well. How do I get rid of it? Obviously there's a glitch somewhere, but I don't know where to begin. 87195
  9. Wrong icons showing in Details view

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong icons showing in Details view: I'm seeing incorrect icons displayed under Windows 10 for certain executable files when viewed in Windows 10 Explorer in Details view. If I change the folder view to Thumbnails, the correct icon is shown, but if I switch back to Details view they're still displayed...
  10. View icons

in Windows 10 Support
    View icons: Windows 10, Kaspersky, Excel and Word 2016, Fastone Image Viewer used often. I very seldom want to view files or photos in List form or anything other than Medium or Large Icons. As soon as I turn my back this Windows 10 seems to want to return me to List; not always, but...