Windows 10: Windows 10 not shutting down, and unable to create system image.

Discus and support Windows 10 not shutting down, and unable to create system image. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 not shutting down, and unable to create system image. I am having a few problems these days with W10. Often when I choose the sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FredM8, Dec 19, 2015.

1. FredM8 Win User

Windows 10 not shutting down, and unable to create system image.

I am having a few problems these days with W10. Often when I choose the sleep option my machine will sleep and then wake up again right away without me doing anything. Other times it will not shut down, but will just get to the black screen and stay there untill I hold down the power button. I am also unable to create a system image as something is writting to the disk. I have tried shutting down my anti virus/malware stuff but that does not fix the problem.

And I am still having this problem that I posted a couple of days ago.
    Lost access, very strange problems ? - Windows 10 Forums

Help would be greatly appreciated as I am starting to lose the will to live.

:)

FredM8, Dec 19, 2015

2. Restoring and System Image back-up

Thanks for answering, it says i have low memory, which makes no sense and then shuts down pretty abruptly . Also, internet explorer "shuts down" alot. Would I create a win 10 system image over win 8 or delete 8?

TracyGlasser, Dec 19, 2015
  3. Restoring and System Image back-up

You can create a system image in Windows 10 the same way as 8. Although if you're willing to look into it, I wouldn't mind trying to solve the restarting problem you're having. Does it prompt any message before it starts to shut down? And does it show
    the "shutting down..." screen or simply kill off suddenly?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Dec 19, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not shutting down, and unable to create system image. - Similar Threads - shutting down unable

2. image on shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    image on shutting down: how to delete the image on screen when i shutdown laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-on-shutting-down/3b4e666e-cd13-4a90-aae2-01507997081b
  3. image on shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    image on shutting down: how to delete the image on screen when i shutdown laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-on-shutting-down/3b4e666e-cd13-4a90-aae2-01507997081b
  4. image on shutting down

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to create System Image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to create System Image: Hello, I've bought a new SSD for my laptop. I have cloned the OS from HDD to the new SSD and it's working fine; But, recently, I have a problem after this action. I can't create a System Image by using Backup and Restore due to this error: "The backup failed. A Volume...
  6. Unable to create a system image backup

Unable to create a system image backup: I just updated my Windows 10 version to the May update today after the new update showed up in my windows updates. After installing the new Windows 10 May update I tried to make a system image of my hard drive onto my external 1TB external hard drive but I keep getting an...
  7. Unable to create system image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to create system image: Hi, I would like to make a system image to backup by PC. However, when I am trying to create the image on my hard drive. The drop down menu only shows <refresh> but nothing else. [ATTACH] Upon selecting <refresh>. The system redirects me to "On a network location"...
  8. Creating a system image on Windows 10

Creating a system image on Windows 10: Hello I need to create a recovery usb with my laptop. I had done that before 2 years ago with the previous version of windows10 with only 16gb USB drive capacity and it was fine. Today, the wizard asks for a USB device that has the same capacity as my used hard drive...
  9. Creating System Image in Windows 10

Creating System Image in Windows 10: Regarding backups in Windows 10 based on the RECENT responses from the Microsoft Community to me regarding my concern: Ways of doing System Image: Control panel to Backup and Restore (Windows 7) to Create a System Image. Or Search for File history and select Create a...
  10. Create System Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create System Image in Windows 10: How to: Create System Image in Windows 10 How to Create a System Image in Windows 10 [img] Information A system image is an exact copy of all system disks which can be used to restore your PC to the state it was in at the time the image was made. By default, a system...