Windows 10: Windows 10 Not Sleeping After Wake Timer

Discus and support Windows 10 Not Sleeping After Wake Timer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Greetings all! I've been trying to remedy this issue I've had with Windows 10 since instillation about a year and a half ago. I'm running Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MCBurn, Oct 20, 2019.

1. MCBurn Win User

Windows 10 Not Sleeping After Wake Timer

Greetings all!

I've been trying to remedy this issue I've had with Windows 10 since instillation about a year and a half ago. I'm running Windows 10 Education (Version 1903) on a single user home computer. I notice quite often in the morning that the system is powered on, when it should have been asleep. Upon investigation the culprit of last wake is always the Windows Update wake timer, waking at 3 am for updates (NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Universal Orchestrator Start). The issue appears to be when the computer wakes itself, it sits at the lock screen which is shown after wake, even though there's no password on my single administrator account. I've ensured all sleep settings are configured, and the system should be sleeping on its own after 1 hour. The problem is, no matter how long the system sits unaccompanied after this wake timer, it never does put itself back to sleep.

I've spent quite some time browsing other questions attempting to find a solution that would also work for me, but so far no such luck. I'm aware you can disable wake timers altogether from waking the machine, however I would like to keep the overnight automatic updates, so long as the computer puts itself to sleep again so it's not running unnecessarily the entire day before I notice. I imagine the issue is the power settings to sleep are not in effect when the system is on the lock screen, so I've attempted to eliminate that from showing upon wake. I read somewhere Windows Education was equivalent to Pro, so I attempted to modify the group policy to avoid this yet that option doesn't seem to show under my version of Windows. I've also attempted to bypass all sign in options - on initial startup I'm not tasked with any sign in options, however waking from sleep requires me to click "Sign In". I've adjusted netplwiz to not require a username and password, however the lock screen still shows upon wake. Not having a password, the lock screen serves no purpose to me, and appears to be causing issues following my power settings policy. Once I am logged in, the power save settings do work just fine.

Any suggestions on how to either eliminate the lock screen from showing after wake or how to make my system sleep on its own after a wake timer even if it's sitting at the lock screen?

Thank you for your time

:)

MCBurn, Oct 20, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

Sleep Wake Timers

Hi Justin,

To change the sleep wake timer, what I can suggest is to check the instructions provided on this
    link.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Sleep Wake Timers

Hello To all, i have a Tesco connect 10 Windows 10 Tablet, and i am using it for a clock in system, The issue i am currently having, is that at night i need it to sleep, which i have set a 4 hour idle time, then sleep, and that works perfectly, however
    i have a task that is scheduled to wake the tablet, then reboot the computer, to auto launch my system. however this just will not happen, i have enables sleep wake timers in the power options and i bios, however still it will not wake up, any help would be
    greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Justin

JustinCatlett, Oct 20, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Not Sleeping After Wake Timer

Windows 10 -- Cannot disable the mouse from waking computer from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

Follow the steps below to try to disable device to wake the computer:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type powercfg –devicedisablewake and press
      Enter.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Method 2: Disable the Wake timers

Follow the steps below to Disable the Wake timers:

• Press Windows key +X.

• Click on Power Options.

• Click on edit Plan Settings and click on
      Change advanced power settings.

• Expand Sleep option and “Allow wake timers" and set this to
      disable.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Not Sleeping After Wake Timer

1. Windows 10 Not Sleeping After Wake Timer - Similar Threads - Sleeping Wake Timer

2. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer: Hello,I recently got a new graphics card as well as monitors. Suddenly, my monitors will not go to sleep after the 10 minutes specified in the power settings. I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card, gone through every single advanced power setting, gone through all...
  3. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer: Hello,I recently got a new graphics card as well as monitors. Suddenly, my monitors will not go to sleep after the 10 minutes specified in the power settings. I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card, gone through every single advanced power setting, gone through all...
  4. Monitors will not go to sleep after sleep timer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sleep Timer

Sleep Timer: I've got an SSD and an HDD in my laptop. Should I set my sleep timer less or more? And how will it affect my HDD and SSD's lifespan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-timer/6b2e56fc-272a-4c53-8c3c-771e47dcaf27
  6. Sleep Timer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Timer: I've got an SSD and an HDD in my laptop. Should I set my sleep timer less or more? And how will it affect my HDD and SSD's lifespan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-timer/6b2e56fc-272a-4c53-8c3c-771e47dcaf27
  7. Sleep Timer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. ACPI wakeup timer wakes laptop 3hs after sleep

ACPI wakeup timer wakes laptop 3hs after sleep: Hi I've seen this posted several times and no solutions given so I don't have much hope. My Gigabyte AERO 15 laptop wakes itself up automatically 3 hs after I set it to sleep. I noticed it woke up but I only noticed the 3hs period after running the "powercfg /SLEEPSTUDY"...
  9. Wake timers

Wake timers: Hey all, i was wondering about the wake timers in windows... my pc has been waking up in the middle of the night because of wake timers, and while i know how to disable them, i was wondering if there could be any adverse effects of doing this? The timers seem to be set by...
  10. View Wake Timers in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Wake Timers in Windows 10: How to: View Wake Timers in Windows 10 How to View Active Wake Timers in Windows 10 [img] Information A wake timer is a timed event that wakes the PC from hibernate states at a specific time. For example, a task in Task Scheduler set with the "Wake the computer to run...