Windows 10: Windows 10 not starting after October 2019 update. desktop. cannot get past MoBo screen,...

Discus and support Windows 10 not starting after October 2019 update. desktop. cannot get past MoBo screen,... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi all. my desktop PC was working just fine. a couple of weeks ago when I went to ShutDown at the end of the night, the option was to Update and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stu Leckie, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Windows 10 not starting after October 2019 update. desktop. cannot get past MoBo screen,...

hi all.

my desktop PC was working just fine.

a couple of weeks ago when I went to ShutDown at the end of the night, the option was to Update and ShutDown.
    so, I did that.

next morning, the system would not start.

it would only start to the motherboard splash screen, sit there for a little longer than normal (SSD) then switch off, and try again, and again, and again.

I cannot get to the Bios. I cannot even after forcing restart many times, get to safe mode.

I have disconnected all hard drives and USB peripherals. To no avail.

running out of ideas, I removed the battery from the motherboard. left in out for a couple of minutes.

put it back in and tried again.

to my amazement, that worked !

problem solved, right?

nope.

About a week later, and it is doing the same stuck loop again. no idea why, I can't think of anything I did that would cause that.

So, I tried my battery trick again. This time, no luck.

cannot get it to boot, please send help. this is the most frustrated I've ever been at any computer I've owned.

thank you

:)

Stu Leckie, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Microsoft October 2019 Security Updates

Release Notes

October 2019 Security Updates

Release Date: October 08, 2019

The October security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Microsoft Windows
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based)
    • ChakraCore
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • SQL Server Management Studio
    • Open Source Software
    • Microsoft Dynamics 365
    • Windows Update Assistant
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever
      a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft
      Update Catalog
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    • Starting in May 2019, Internet Explorer 11 is available on Windows Server 2012. This configuration is present only in the IE Cumulative package.
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates. Please note that this is not a complete list of CVEs for this release.

Known Issues

[table][tr][td]4519338[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1809, Windows Server 2019[/td][/tr][tr][td]4519974[/td][td]Internet Explorer[/td][/tr][tr][td]4519976[/td][td]Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4519985[/td][td]Windows Server 2012 (Security-only update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4519990[/td][td]Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Security-only update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4519998[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1607, Windows Server 2016[/td][/tr][tr][td]4520004[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1709[/td][/tr][tr][td]4520005[/td][td]Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4520007[/td][td]Windows Server 2012 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4520008[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1803, Windows Server version 1803[/td][/tr][tr][td]4520010[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1703[/td][/tr][tr][td]4520011[/td][td]Windows 10{{windowTitle}}[/td][/tr][/table]

NICK ADSL UK, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Windows 10 not starting after October 2019 update. desktop. cannot get past MoBo screen,...

Windows 8.1 Available on ORIGIN PC Desktops and Laptops

ORIGIN PC is now offering Microsoft's latest and highly-anticipated update, Windows 8.1, to their full line of award-winning desktops and laptops for gamers, artists, professionals and enthusiasts. Windows 8.1 delivers the most complete set of experiences and the widest range of in-box apps and services than ever before. The new Windows 8.1 update now includes exciting new features like the iconic Windows START button that allows for one-click access to the innovative start screen, gives users the option to boot directly to their desktop or start screen, provides a global search within the PC and web and so much more!

All ORIGIN PC system orders with Windows 8.1 pre-installed will begin shipping on or after the official launch day of October 17, 2013. All existing ORIGIN PC customers with Windows 8 can choose to update to Windows 8.1 for free on its official launch day through the windows app store! ORIGIN PC also still provides its customers with the option of Windows 7 if desired.

Windows 10 not starting after October 2019 update. desktop. cannot get past MoBo screen,... ORIGIN_PC_Win_8.1_banner_thm.jpg

Windows 10 not starting after October 2019 update. desktop. cannot get past MoBo screen,... origin_genesis_PC_thm.jpg

Windows 8.1 New Features:
    • Modern UI Experience- Multitask with up to four apps or sites open side-by-side at the same time.
    • Boot To Desktop - Allows users to choose to boot directly to their desktop or start screen of your choice
    • New Start Button - The iconic Start button is now located on the taskbar allowing one-click access to the Start Screen and provides additional options
    • Enhanced Search- New Bing-powered search returns results from across your devices, apps and the cloud.
    • New Windows Store - Find your favorite apps and discover new experiences in the redesigned Windows Store.
    • New Backgrounds - Choose from new backgrounds, colors and live tiles for an experience that's uniquely yours.
    • Cloud Ready - Access all your files, photos and settings, from anywhere, with SkyDrive cloud-based storage and sync.
    • Free Update For Current Windows 8 Users - Existing Windows 8 users can update to Windows 8.1 by downloading directly through the Windows App Store for free.
    • Free Lifetime 24/7 Support - Every ORIGIN PC comes with industry leading Lifetime 24/7 Support based in the United States ready to help answer any Windows 8.1 related questions.
    "One of my favorite things about Windows 8.1 is now having the ability to choose where you want to boot directly to, your desktop or directly to the start screen menu." said Kevin Wasielewski ORIGIN PC CEO and co-founder. "With Windows 8.1, it's an evolutionary step in the right direction and we're extremely excited to immediately begin offering it to all ORIGIN PC customers to have it ready to ship by launch day."

Cristian_25H, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 not starting after October 2019 update. desktop. cannot get past MoBo screen,...

1. Windows 10 not starting after October 2019 update. desktop. cannot get past MoBo screen,... - Similar Threads - starting October 2019

2. Cannot get past a black screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get past a black screen: When I try to open the advanced start up settings my computer blue screens and saids “your pc has ran into a problem and needs to restart” which doesn’t restart but turn off my computers I can not get into safe mode either. My computer blue screened while I was playing a game...
  3. Cannot get past the windows login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get past the windows login screen: Ever since my windows 10 updated yesterday, I cannot get past the Windows login. I enter the pin and I get "Your credentials could not be verified". It will not let me click "set up my pin". I have changed my password on that screen and when it starts to boot, it stops and...
  4. Cannot Get Past Windows 10 Loading Screen

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot Get Past Windows 10 Loading Screen: Hi, I've had a really frustrating day trying to get my computer back up and running but I have very little technical knowledge to help me. I built the computer myself 4 years ago and it has been running fine in general; however, there have been times where it failed to...
  5. Cannot get past the welcome screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot get past the welcome screen.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ookgluk32 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eac6xb/cannot_get_past_the_welcome_screen/
  6. Cannot get past the welcome screen after a windows 10 reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot get past the welcome screen after a windows 10 reset: I had to reset my pc, I choose reset & keep my files, after the reset, the pc got to the welcome screen but said I needed internet to enter my password or pin. it stated NO INTERNET, the welcome screen internet icon showed me as connected but with no internet, the welcome...
  7. No audio after October 2019 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio after October 2019 update: My computer's audio STILL does not work. Have tried uninstalling the Realtek device. And it was reinstalled when restarted computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-after-october-2019-update/11b4582a-d0b7-4879-b206-2f39e4788e39
  8. Windows 10 not starting after October 2019 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not starting after October 2019 update: After the Oct 8 update of Windows 10 on my home edition desktop, on restart the machine does not boot up. After the manufacturer screen, the blue windows logo appears on the black screen and stays stuck there with no hard drive activity. I have tried the below options and...
  9. October 2019 WIndows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October 2019 WIndows Update: Last night prior to going to bed I activated the newest windows update. This morning when I went to check it was stuck on the black screen, so I shut down my system and decided to deal with it when I returned from work. Now I get my home screen , my desktop is empty and...
  10. Cannot get past date time screen after Windows 10 auto update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot get past date time screen after Windows 10 auto update.: [img] 74807

Users found this page by searching for:

1. latest windows update problems 2019

2. october 2019 my desktop computer says im not signed into one drive why