Windows 10: Windows 10 not starting after October 2019 update

Discus and support Windows 10 not starting after October 2019 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the Oct 8 update of Windows 10 on my home edition desktop, on restart the machine does not boot up. After the manufacturer screen, the blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by YB_934, Oct 13, 2019.

1. YB_934 Win User

Windows 10 not starting after October 2019 update

After the Oct 8 update of Windows 10 on my home edition desktop, on restart the machine does not boot up. After the manufacturer screen, the blue windows logo appears on the black screen and stays stuck there with no hard drive activity. I have tried the below options and none are working:

1. Doing a force boot 3 times to try and get into safe mode - does not work.

2. Created recovery USB drive from a different computer and in BIOS changed the order to boot from USB drive, but still only see the black screen with blue windows logo and no hard drive activity (no hard drive light blinking)

3. Created a DVD ISO with the Windows media creation tool and when I set the boot order to boot from CD/DVD drive, it gives a message to hit a key to boot from CD or DVD. On doing so, it again shows the same black screen with blue windows logo and this time the hard drive light blinks for a few seconds but then just stops.

I am not sure what options I have, and if I can at least get to the hard drive and retrieve some files that would help. But at this time I am unable to get past. Could the hard drive have gone bad? Or is there any other way to get to the safe mode and rollback the update or restore to a previous point? Just looking for some advice. Thanks!

:)

YB_934, Oct 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Microsoft October 2019 Security Updates

Release Notes

October 2019 Security Updates

Release Date: October 08, 2019

The October security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Microsoft Windows
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based)
    • ChakraCore
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • SQL Server Management Studio
    • Open Source Software
    • Microsoft Dynamics 365
    • Windows Update Assistant
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever
      a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft
      Update Catalog
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    • Starting in May 2019, Internet Explorer 11 is available on Windows Server 2012. This configuration is present only in the IE Cumulative package.
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates. Please note that this is not a complete list of CVEs for this release.

Known Issues

[table][tr][td]4519338[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1809, Windows Server 2019[/td][/tr][tr][td]4519974[/td][td]Internet Explorer[/td][/tr][tr][td]4519976[/td][td]Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4519985[/td][td]Windows Server 2012 (Security-only update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4519990[/td][td]Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Security-only update)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4519998[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1607, Windows Server 2016[/td][/tr][tr][td]4520004[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1709[/td][/tr][tr][td]4520005[/td][td]Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4520007[/td][td]Windows Server 2012 (Monthly Rollup)[/td][/tr][tr][td]4520008[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1803, Windows Server version 1803[/td][/tr][tr][td]4520010[/td][td]Windows 10, version 1703[/td][/tr][tr][td]4520011[/td][td]Windows 10{{windowTitle}}[/td][/tr][/table]

NICK ADSL UK, Oct 30, 2019
  4. londiste Win User

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

Windows 7 went out of mainstream support on Jan 15, 2015.
    Windows 8.1 went out of mainstream support on Jan 9, 2018.
    And I doubt anyone on Windows 8.1 would mind too much upgrading to Windows 10. I definitely would not *Big Grin Windows 10 not starting after October 2019 update :D

They are supporting only Windowses currently in mainstream support. For Windows 10, they seem to have moved the support model to the bi-annual updates being supported for 2 years and more recently 1.5 years.

Has it been said if Office 2019 will actually work on Windows 7/8.1? Supported and actually working can be different things. Kind of like the "on supported hardware" comment above.

londiste, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not starting after October 2019 update - Similar Threads - starting October 2019

2. Frequent crashes and Restarts after Windows 10 update in October or November 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent crashes and Restarts after Windows 10 update in October or November 2019: My desktop is frequently crashing restarting after Windows 10 update in October or November 2019. I get a blue screen message: "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we will restart for you. For more information on...
  3. Windows 10 not starting after October 2019 update. desktop. cannot get past MoBo screen,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not starting after October 2019 update. desktop. cannot get past MoBo screen,...: hi all. my desktop PC was working just fine. a couple of weeks ago when I went to ShutDown at the end of the night, the option was to Update and ShutDown. so, I did that. next morning, the system would not start. it would only start to the motherboard splash screen,...
  4. No audio after October 2019 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio after October 2019 update: My computer's audio STILL does not work. Have tried uninstalling the Realtek device. And it was reinstalled when restarted computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-after-october-2019-update/11b4582a-d0b7-4879-b206-2f39e4788e39
  5. October 2019 WIndows Update

October 2019 WIndows Update: Last night prior to going to bed I activated the newest windows update. This morning when I went to check it was stuck on the black screen, so I shut down my system and decided to deal with it when I returned from work. Now I get my home screen , my desktop is empty and...
  6. Microsoft October 2019 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft October 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes October 2019 Security Updates Release Date: October 08, 2019 The October security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based) ChakraCore Microsoft Office and Microsoft...
  7. Microsoft October 2019 Security Updates

Microsoft October 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes October 2019 Security Updates Release Date: October 08, 2019 The October security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge (EdgeHTML-based) ChakraCore Microsoft Office and Microsoft...
  8. Audio/video out of sync after Windows 10 October 2019 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Audio/video out of sync after Windows 10 October 2019 update: After the latest update (Oct 2019) 1903 Everywhere I try to watch videos there is a problem with audio/video sync. Windows 10 PC's (all 3 in the house) using Chrome browser, Firefox browser, have all been updated, rebooted multiple times, nothing seems to help....
  9. Start Tiles not retained after Windows 10 October update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Tiles not retained after Windows 10 October update: After manually installing the latest update using the Windows 10 Update Assistant, my previously configured tiles on the Start panel were lost. It now only shows a small, default, subset of tiles. I have dragged and dropped the tiles I require back onto the Start panel,...
  10. Start Tiles not retained after Windows 10 October update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Tiles not retained after Windows 10 October update: After manually installing the latest update using the Windows 10 Update Assistant, my previously configured tiles on the Start panel were lost. It now only shows a small, default, subset of tiles. I have dragged and dropped the tiles I require back onto the Start panel,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome not starting after last windows update

2. after win 10 latest update 2019 i am unable to boot