Windows 10: Windows 10 not starting and acting weird

Discus and support Windows 10 not starting and acting weird in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've ran into a major probelm. I'll describe everything that happened and I would really appreciate if someone could help. So basically today my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/long-live-djazz, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 not starting and acting weird

I've ran into a major probelm. I'll describe everything that happened and I would really appreciate if someone could help.

So basically today my windows just crashed. When I'm trying to restart it one of those things happen:

1. The screen turns black and eventually the PC shuts down

2. The login screen appears, but it's not responding and eventually the pc shuts down

3. It shows like a boot menu and it says windows had a problem and stuff like that.

I tried:

Restarting the pc countless times

Running it in safe mode

Resetting into an earlier version

Many more things like that

Now I managed to log in but the desktop is not responding and not showing any icons.

Can someone help? Thanks.

submitted by /u/long-live-djazz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/long-live-djazz, Aug 3, 2020

2. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Senarium Win User

Windows 10 not starting and acting weird

Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 not starting and acting weird

1. Windows 10 not starting and acting weird - Similar Threads - starting acting weird

2. Keyboard started acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard started acting weird: I have an Asus E410 laptop. It was perfectly normal when suddenly, a few minutes ago, the keyboard started glitching. Some keys appear to be mapped to other keys functionally, my web pages will randomly start scrolling, and links will randomly click. Keep in mind that I am...
  3. Keyboard started acting weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard started acting weird: I have an Asus E410 laptop. It was perfectly normal when suddenly, a few minutes ago, the keyboard started glitching. Some keys appear to be mapped to other keys functionally, my web pages will randomly start scrolling, and links will randomly click. Keep in mind that I am...
  4. Mouse starts acting weird on laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse starts acting weird on laptop.: I have a Lenovo laptop with IntelR CeleronR N4120 1.10GHz CPU, 4G of RAM, and a 60G Drive. I use a corded optical mouse and a 4T external drive. I upgraded to Windows 11 after getting it new mid last year because it said it was compatible but had to revert to Windows 10 in...
  5. Mouse starts acting weird on laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse starts acting weird on laptop.: I have a Lenovo laptop with IntelR CeleronR N4120 1.10GHz CPU, 4G of RAM, and a 60G Drive. I use a corded optical mouse and a 4T external drive. I upgraded to Windows 11 after getting it new mid last year because it said it was compatible but had to revert to Windows 10 in...
  6. Mouse starts acting weird on laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows is acting weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is acting weird: Hello, I have had a problem for some time now. Windows is acting weird that when I want to use something related to windows it just randomly keeps tabbing. For example, I click on the windows symbol to open the menu, and windows just scroll back and forth like when I am...
  8. Windows 10 is acting weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 is acting weird: Yesterday i noticed that some things are not working properly so i checked windows defender and i noticed there was one threat that i cannot delete, i didn't think much about that and i format windows and the partition where it was installed. But the problem is still there i...
  9. Windows acting weird

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows acting weird: My dell computer with windows sometimes makes noise, even when it is turned off. Not the sound of the fan, but it will often use the notifcation jingle. I’ve reset, used windows defender to check for viruses, and looked all over, but I can’t seem to find a solution. If anyone...
  10. windows 10 acting weird

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 acting weird: for the past couple of days now my pc a sony vaio desktop with windows 10 has been acting weird slow to boot up, no text showing in my files, my Web browsers are also not working and when I shut my pc down I get a blue screen no idea what to do ? [img] 105437