Windows 10: Windows 10 not starting properly upon opening laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 not starting properly upon opening laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Ideapad 720s that has run absolutely perfectly for about 4 years, but now I am having an issue when opening my computer. When I open my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jlegaard68, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 not starting properly upon opening laptop

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 720s that has run absolutely perfectly for about 4 years, but now I am having an issue when opening my computer. When I open my computer after it's in sleep mode, my keyboard lighting turns on and I can hear the computer turn on, but the screen does not. No matter how many times I move the mouse, click, press any button, etc. the screen does not turn on. However, if I close the screen for a few seconds and open it again, the computer will stop running even while it's open, probably just because it hasn't fully shut down by the time I reopen it so it hasn't processed that's it's open again. At this point, I will know when it goes back into sleep mode because the keyboard lighting turns off. Once this happens, any simple click will wake it up and the screen will work perfectly fine. It never works the first time I open it, but it always works after I close and reopen it. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/jlegaard68
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jlegaard68, Jan 20, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Jeraldine Ase, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Windows 10 not starting properly upon opening laptop

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 not starting properly upon opening laptop

1. Windows 10 not starting properly upon opening laptop - Similar Threads - starting properly upon

2. PDFs opening upon new start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDFs opening upon new start-up: I just performed a Windows 11 update. I try to shut down pretty regularly and restart often as I run some apps that require a lot of processing power. Before I shut down or restart, I close all programs. Now, when I boot up, PDFs that were closed prior to shut down open...
  3. PDFs opening upon new start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDFs opening upon new start-up: I just performed a Windows 11 update. I try to shut down pretty regularly and restart often as I run some apps that require a lot of processing power. Before I shut down or restart, I close all programs. Now, when I boot up, PDFs that were closed prior to shut down open...
  4. Windows 10 will not start properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not start properly: On powering up my HP desktop, the system freezes at the blue window with circling dots screen. If I power down and back up I get the same result, but after repeating a few times the blue window screen shows a statement to the affect that it is diagnosing my system. This can...
  5. Windows 10 will not start properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will not start properly: On powering up my HP desktop, the system freezes at the blue window with circling dots screen. If I power down and back up I get the same result, but after repeating a few times the blue window screen shows a statement to the affect that it is diagnosing my system. This can...
  6. Windows 10 will not start properly

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 freezes upon start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes upon start up: Hello! So the other day i decided to restart my pc because it was running slowly. But the reatart process took over 10 minutes, so i left the room to run errands. When i came back my pc was off and now when i try to start it freezes at the windows 10 logo with the spinning...
  8. Laptop not starting up properly

Laptop not starting up properly: Hi, this is Merwyn Joseph Alexander. I have just encountered an issue on my Dell Inspiron 15-3567. I am sending a screen shot please look into it[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-starting-up-properly/e43c0519-837d-452e-af89-ec2bbd62ffc9
  9. Windows 10 goes into BIOS upon starting

Windows 10 goes into BIOS upon starting: Hi there, I have ASUS desktop with Windows 10. Since part 1 week, it goes into BIOS when I start my system. Earlier it was saying that I should change my CSM setting to "Enable" from "Auto, which I did. Now, it is still going into BIOS right and does not boot. Only...
  10. Unknown file opening upon turning on laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown file opening upon turning on laptop: A file called backup.txt is trying to open every time I turn on my laptop. It never opens because there's no default application for the file, so Windows usually asks me which app I want to open it with. I chose notepad because it was a txt file, but nothing happened. Has...