Windows 10: Windows 10 not starting up except for in safe mode after forced update to build...

Discus and support Windows 10 not starting up except for in safe mode after forced update to build... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I was forced to update my computer there either day as the previous build was no longer supported and immediately after the update found that I was no... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by WilsonKarlen, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 not starting up except for in safe mode after forced update to build...

I was forced to update my computer there either day as the previous build was no longer supported and immediately after the update found that I was no longer able to restart or **** down the computer from the Windows screen while it was turned in on regular mode, however after having to use a hard shut down with the button on the tower i was no longer able to start up as usual except for in safe mode. Trying to sign in to regular results in a load screen for up to thirty minutes at least before i have to eventually shut down and try again in safe mode. I managed to get logged in as usual yesterday some how after checking for driver updates in safe mode, everything was up to date however. I tried trouble shooting last night for updates as I was again not able to restart or shut down and was given some error code, i was unable to see what the code was as the computer suddenly went into a restart update screen and then eventually just turned off on its own.

:)

WilsonKarlen, Aug 15, 2019

2. Password not working in safe mode, windows 10

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• What happens exactly when you enter the password?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • How have you booted your computer into safe mode?
    • Are you using local or Microsoft account to login?

I suggest you to force restart your computer and check whether you can get back your computer to normal mode.

You may follow the steps from the below article to place the computer in safe mode and check if it helps.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 15, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.

dalchina, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 not starting up except for in safe mode after forced update to build...

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 not starting up except for in safe mode after forced update to build...

1. Windows 10 not starting up except for in safe mode after forced update to build... - Similar Threads - starting except safe

2. I need to start up safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to start up safe mode.: Whenever I get into the final steps of starting up safe mode, you know when it gives you options that you use by pressing F1-F9? My keyboard doesn't work so I can't even press F4. Please help! It's a USB wireless keyboard, by the way....
  3. I need to start up safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to start up safe mode.: Whenever I get into the final steps of starting up safe mode, you know when it gives you options that you use by pressing F1-F9? My keyboard doesn't work so I can't even press F4. Please help! It's a USB wireless keyboard, by the way....
  4. I need to start up safe mode.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode: Is there a recommended way to start Windows 10 in Safe mode? I must've read half a dozen different procedures described in various places but it always seems to boot up normally. Mostly they involved holding down a key while booting - or while pressing the computer's power...
  6. Forced into safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced into safe mode: I have been having some troubles with my gpu or so I thought because today I installed an updated from Geforce Experience and an update from windows and got sent to watchdog violation blue screen. I am currently posting from safe mode with internet since i can't get to use...
  7. Windows wont start except in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows wont start except in safe mode: Windows wont start except in safe mode I have the same problem as the poster below - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/windows-10-not-starting-up-except-for-in-safe-mode/50bb021d-368d-459f-ab0f-3e3d675f0749 ? Windows 10 not starting up...
  8. How to start up in safe mode

How to start up in safe mode: What are the steps to start your computer in Safe Mode in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-start-up-in-safe-mode/c5ae0c3d-1364-4940-96fa-4eb0a889e034
  9. Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode

Starting Windows 10 in Safe Mode: Symptom: Pressing F8 repeatedly while Windows is starting no longer works. Workaround: To workaround this problem: 1. Click Start->Power, and then click Restart while holding down SHIFT. 2. Click Troubleshoot->Advanced options->Start-up Settings->Restart. 3. Press...
  10. Windows 10 Update - will only start in safe mode

Windows 10 Update - will only start in safe mode: Ever since the Windows 10 Update (1809) a couple of days ago, my computer will only start in safe mode. Other than that, it freezes immediately after starting. I am at a total loss. Can anyone help?...