Windows 10: Windows 10 not starting up

Discus and support Windows 10 not starting up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everyone, Recently I encountered an issue with Windows 10. Initially the problem started as a simple network adapter issue where the adapter was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fore7630, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Fore7630 Win User

Windows 10 not starting up

Hey everyone,

Recently I encountered an issue with Windows 10. Initially the problem started as a simple network adapter issue where the adapter was forced to be shut down by windows due to an error (code 43 on device manager). I tried to use the automatic windows driver refresh to see if uninstalling and reinstalling the driver would fix the problem. Unfortunately, it didn't. To make a long story short, I tried getting an installer for my adapter from another computer and transferring that onto my windows computer. After that was done installing, I shut down and tried to restart my computer to see if the install worked. At first the computer kept freezing on the startup screen, but after a few tries the monitor completely went black. Now the system isn't even recognizing the monitor and no startup circle with the windows logo is appearing on my screen whenever I force close the computer and turn it on again. Is there a fix to this problem? I appreciate anyone's help on this matter!

What also bugs me is that this computer is less than a year old. I wouldn't have thought a problem like this would spring up so quickly.

:)

Fore7630, Apr 28, 2016
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

windows 10 not starting up

Hi Trinity,

The Family & other people section in the Settings app will show the accounts that are active on your device. To better facilitate your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're getting the blue screen errors after boot up or while using the device.
    • The last activities performed on your device prior to your concern.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In addition, we'd recommend checking the specified section to see if there's another account listed on your device. To do this, you can perform the following:

• Search and launch Settings using Cortana.
    • Locate and click on Family & other people.

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing the steps posted on this
    link
    to troubleshoot blue screen errors.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Apr 28, 2016
  3. BoMayo Win User
    Windows 10 - Not starting up

Hello,

I recently upgraded my Toshiba laptop from Windows 7 to 10. Install went flawless and has worked fined ever since.

Until it didn't.

Yesterday morning the computer locked up. I restarted, it came back up to the Windows 10 startup. The blue Windows 10 startup icon. There it sits, doing nothing.

I have tried restarting the computer and even using the reset feature to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bo

BoMayo, Apr 28, 2016
  4. NovHak Win User

I can't say for sure, but that smells like a hardware problem. Did you try to unplug the network adapter to see if it boots again ? Maybe a memory test can help too...

Another thing that proved helpful sometimes is to cut off all power sources to the machine (i.e. unplug from AC/removing battery), wait for one minute, powering back and see if that works again.

NovHak, Apr 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not starting up - Similar Threads - starting

2. When I press windows key start menu doesn’t open and all screen gets darker for a second.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press windows key start menu doesn’t open and all screen gets darker for a second.: When I press windows key start menu doesn’t open and all screen gets darker for a second. Also ctrC ctrV combination instead of its normal function started printing screen instead, what setting is changing that? On the top of that it seems to me that general performance of PC...
  3. When I press windows key start menu doesn’t open and all screen gets darker for a second.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press windows key start menu doesn’t open and all screen gets darker for a second.: When I press windows key start menu doesn’t open and all screen gets darker for a second. Also ctrC ctrV combination instead of its normal function started printing screen instead, what setting is changing that? On the top of that it seems to me that general performance of PC...
  4. When I press windows key start menu doesn’t open and all screen gets darker for a second.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my windows 10 started blocking articles and sites i have always visited until now! i do not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows 10 started blocking articles and sites i have always visited until now! i do not...: why has my pc started blocking sites and articles i have always visited? something about mcafee what is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-started-blocking-articles-and-sites/6b650687-e804-43b2-b128-395d0566269c
  6. my windows 10 started blocking articles and sites i have always visited until now! i do not...

my windows 10 started blocking articles and sites i have always visited until now! i do not...: why has my pc started blocking sites and articles i have always visited? something about mcafee what is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-started-blocking-articles-and-sites/6b650687-e804-43b2-b128-395d0566269c
  7. my windows 10 started blocking articles and sites i have always visited until now! i do not...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?: My HP Pavillion B&o is very slow at startup and stays slow. What can I do to make it faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-extremely-slow-on-start-up-and-even/041baea1-30e7-4cf3-917b-b4c69e759048
  9. My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?

My laptop is extremely slow on start up and even when doing things. How do I speed it up?: My HP Pavillion B&o is very slow at startup and stays slow. What can I do to make it faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-extremely-slow-on-start-up-and-even/041baea1-30e7-4cf3-917b-b4c69e759048
  10. Games started crashing today unexpectedly, seems like there is a persistent error within...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games started crashing today unexpectedly, seems like there is a persistent error within...: Hi,So I've been trying to play some games today, specifically Helldivers 2 and Supermarket Simulator, and I keep crashes upon a few minutes of playing each game. The dump files are here:...