Windows 10: Windows 10 not transparent log on profile picture

Discus and support Windows 10 not transparent log on profile picture in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I have this problem for 2 years now when I upgraded from Windows 10 1809 to 1903 the profile picture isn't transparent anymore can someone help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Laurence Jett Andaya, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Windows 10 not transparent log on profile picture

So I have this problem for 2 years now when I upgraded from Windows 10 1809 to 1903 the profile picture isn't transparent anymore can someone help me fix it? I'm still at version 1903 its still the default account picture.

This problem is at my Lenovo laptop and this didn't happen to my old one running 2004 Windows 10.

:)

Laurence Jett Andaya, Feb 21, 2021

2. How to change profile picture on log-in screen in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand that you are referring to remove your profile picture on log-in screen, do confirm us if so.

• Are you facing this issue on Microsoft account/ local account?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Change your account picture

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 21, 2021
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. whiwo65 Win User

Windows 10 not transparent log on profile picture

Transparent Background for Windows Profile

I realize this question has been asked time and again, but now that we are on Windows 10, it's time to bring what likely is the simplest request back to the developers of the operating system.

Provide support for .png and/or .gif files for users profile images. The entire operating system is based on transparent imagery and floating icons...why? Because it looks cool and today's processors can handle it.

So why no support for a transparent profile icon? What you're doing is using the same system that converts thumbnails for folders (i.e. degrades the quality and resizes the images ala Instagram) as you are for a single profile picture. Write a few lines
    of code that deal specifically with the profile picture so that it supports transparent formats and be done with it.

It's not like you have to spend countless man-hours to resolve such a simple request and from what I can tell, people have been asking for this since Windows 7.

This is a no-brainer, aesthetically pleasing carries across all of your platforms from email, computers, phones and yes even this forum.

At the moment, I matched as closely as possible the background to the new Windows logo, which looks great on my computer but like **** everywhere else (see the logo associated with my name). However, I dual boot to Windows 8.1 as well (for work) and that
    one looks like ....

Come on Windows, it's the 21st century this is such a simple request. You have a lot of good faith from folks like me that have lived through every iteration of your operating systems starting with 95. Me, Vista and 8 were pretty much **** but I stuck
    in there with you.

Now that you have your shiny new Windows 10, which is beautiful and really smartly constructed why not throw the faithful a tiny little bone?

I take some of it back, the icon showing up in this profile is still pulling from the original .png I uploaded on Windows 8 so it looks great. However, to achieve a semi-transparent appearance the .jpeg version with darker background is appearing everywhere
    else.

whiwo65, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 not transparent log on profile picture

1. Windows 10 not transparent log on profile picture - Similar Threads - transparent log profile

2. how to change windows profile picture to the default slightly transparent one

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to change windows profile picture to the default slightly transparent one: So i was just changing my profile picture to the photo i downloaded but turns out i didn't like it so i changed it to default C:/ProgramData/Microsoft/Default Account Pictures/ but when i changed it its not the default slightly transparent oneI want to change it to like this...
  3. how to change windows profile picture to the default slightly transparent one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change windows profile picture to the default slightly transparent one: So i was just changing my profile picture to the photo i downloaded but turns out i didn't like it so i changed it to default C:/ProgramData/Microsoft/Default Account Pictures/ but when i changed it its not the default slightly transparent oneI want to change it to like this...
  4. how to change windows profile picture to the default slightly transparent one

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11's default profile picture isn't transparent?

Windows 11's default profile picture isn't transparent?: So recently I've set a profile picture onto my computer and wasn't really happy about it so I wanted to change my profile picture back to the default. I'm on the latest update of Windows 11 and I saw the new default transparent profile picture and was hoping to change it back...
  6. Windows 11's default profile picture isn't transparent?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11's default profile picture isn't transparent?: So recently I've set a profile picture onto my computer and wasn't really happy about it so I wanted to change my profile picture back to the default. I'm on the latest update of Windows 11 and I saw the new default transparent profile picture and was hoping to change it back...
  7. profile picture not showing in windows 10

profile picture not showing in windows 10: i recently formatted my pc ending up not showing up my profile picture ,i also synced my settings and added a new profile pic in the Microsoft account in the website although it worked in the website but not on my computer windows. rebooted several times and still...
  8. profile picture not showing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    profile picture not showing in windows 10: i recently formatted my pc ending up not showing up my profile picture ,i also synced my settings and added a new profile pic in the Microsoft account in the website although it worked in the website but not on my computer windows. rebooted several times and still...
  9. Windows 10 profile picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 profile picture: Good morning. How do i delete my profile picture? Why does my profile pic show up on my wife’s desktop and how can i prevent it from happening? Thank you. John Tague...
  10. Windows 10 logging in to profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 logging in to profile: I can't log into my profile on my PC after a windows update. I can log in to my wife's profile on the same PC and I can log in to my profile on another PC but not on my main one. Any ideas?...