Windows 10: Windows 10 Not Turning OFF External HDMI Monitor

Discus and support Windows 10 Not Turning OFF External HDMI Monitor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Samsung External Monitor connected via HDMI to a brand new HP ZBook 15. When you lock the screen WIndows 10 just shows the locked screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by swim23team, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Not Turning OFF External HDMI Monitor

I have a Samsung External Monitor connected via HDMI to a brand new HP ZBook 15.
    When you lock the screen WIndows 10 just shows the locked screen photo of New Zealand.
    It does not BLANK the screen after a certain amount of time. Left it on all night.

Why not?

Solution:
    Make sure that for Background you DON'T have Slideshow. Must have Picture to work.

:)

swim23team, Jan 27, 2020
  2. PhilipAu Win User

hdmi output to external monitor

I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. How do I turn off the laptop screen when I use HDMI that connects to an external monitor? I can dim it down but don't know how to turn the video off (to save battery). Thanks.

PhilipAu, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    hdmi output to external monitor

Hi Philip,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Basically you can not turn off the laptop screen, when using HDMI and connecting to second screen.

You can try going to monitor settings and choose use screen 2 only, if you choose this laptop screen will be turned off and the only display will be via the external monitor.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Gman_640 Win User

Windows 10 Not Turning OFF External HDMI Monitor

'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

'No signal' on external monitor when connected to laptop via HDMI

Gman_640, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Not Turning OFF External HDMI Monitor

1. Windows 10 Not Turning OFF External HDMI Monitor - Similar Threads - Turning OFF External

2. HDMI Monitor Turns off when trying to update to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI Monitor Turns off when trying to update to windows 11: My Laptop screen is damaged so I use an HDMI Monitor, when I try updating to windows 11 it'll show some of the progress and then the monitor will turn off and No Matter what I do it will not turn back on so I have no idea what the progress of my update is, Any solutions?...
  3. HDMI Monitor Turns off when trying to update to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI Monitor Turns off when trying to update to windows 11: My Laptop screen is damaged so I use an HDMI Monitor, when I try updating to windows 11 it'll show some of the progress and then the monitor will turn off and No Matter what I do it will not turn back on so I have no idea what the progress of my update is, Any solutions?...
  4. HDMI Monitor Turns off when trying to update to windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Monitor turns off & on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off & on: Hello, it's more than a 2 weeks that my monitor is turn off randomly and turn on it's only happening one timeit's happening always when I'm starting to work with the PC I just surf in the internet.I got a brand new PC with brand new monitor, and everything is updated! From...
  6. External monitor is turning on and off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External monitor is turning on and off: Hello, today I woke up and the monitor that is connected to my laptop has started flickering on and off when I connect it with my HDMI cord. The monitor itself isn't broken because when I unplug the cord the monitor will stay on fine. This has happened before and I fixed it...
  7. Envy Laptop with External Monitor HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Envy Laptop with External Monitor HDMI: I've tried to connect my LG external monitor to my new Envy Laptop. I have the laptop and monitor powered up, the HDMI cable is connected between the monitor and the laptop. The monitor displays "No Signal - Please check your connection -HDMI1 input is connected. Click OK...
  8. HDMI Monitor turns off after boot

HDMI Monitor turns off after boot: My HDMI is fine, until windows loads. Then it shuts off and we have to reboot it again to get it to stay on. I've tried 2 monitors and I've updated the drivers, so I'm not sure whats happening here....
  9. My External Monitor on Windows 10 turns off randomly

My External Monitor on Windows 10 turns off randomly: I have been reading about this problem and the majority of complaints relate to a bad VGA cable. I have an HDMI cable and this illness started about two or three months ago. I imagina after windows updates. Could you please guide me as to what should I do to terminate this...
  10. External Monitor Brightness Resets when turned off

External Monitor Brightness Resets when turned off: I recently got an external monitor, Lenovo L24q-20, which I use with my HP Envy Laptop. The brightness of the external monitor is controlled with buttons on the monitor, and is by default set to 80/100. This is a bit too bright for me so I set it down to 50/100, and all is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdmi display not turning off pc

2. hdmi screen not turning off