Windows 10: Windows 10 not updating.

Discus and support Windows 10 not updating. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know there must be a thread on this somewhere but I can’t find it. I am running Windows 10 pro 1909 I am getting very tired of this. My updates are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by transmaster, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 not updating.

I know there must be a thread on this somewhere but I can’t find it.

I am running Windows 10 pro 1909

I am getting very tired of this. My updates are loading automatically. Than suddenly it will stop and I get a failed install than every update after that fails, it has done this a number of times. I have gone directly to the update catalog and have tried to manually load them with no joy. I have tried fixing it with info found online, phooey.. I have resorted to refreshing Windows 10 3 times in the last two months to clear this.

It will download the update. Than move to install. It will get to 100% than I will get the error cide listed below.

The latest “patch Tuesday” resulted in this

KB4530684 Error 0x800f0986

Surely there must be fix for this. It gets old having load a new copy of windows even if I don’t loose everything.

:)

transmaster, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 12, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 not updating.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 not updating.

1. Windows 10 not updating. - Similar Threads - updating

2. Error 0x80070246 windows update, Cannot create restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0x80070246 windows update, Cannot create restore point: Hello im currently having a couple of issue on my laptop which i am trying to resolve, the first is via windows update, im getting the error code above and will not install, ive tried running windows troubleshooter, disabling my anti virus and restarting and trying to...
  3. Windows automatic update removes speaker functionality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows automatic update removes speaker functionality: Windows 10 Home x64 MSI Z390 motherboard w/ IntelR CoreTM i5-9600k CPO 16 GB Ram Computer did automatic updates last night that removed functionality of my speakers, I have gone through all automated troubleshooting processes and steps up to and including uninstalling...
  4. Why MSoft keeps killing devices by new updates

Why MSoft keeps killing devices by new updates: Windows 10, v.1909 build 18363.657 upgrade killed my Linx1010 tablet's ability to rotate and in process killed on screen keyboard. That would not be surprise given the reputation of developer's ability to test software builds, if the same did not happen with 2017 and 2018...
  5. Does anyone know when store apps update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know when store apps update?: I’d like for apps to update automatically, but they never do, and I don’t think I’ve ever been able to make them do that. Is there something like the iPhones, where it’s has to be asleep, charging and all this stuff? On the Mac I’m pretty sure it updates apps once a week. Is...
  6. Is there a way besides setting networks to metered and disabling automatic updates in...

Is there a way besides setting networks to metered and disabling automatic updates in...: I ask because those two methods, which are the ones most commonly found on the internet, no longer work. Windows overrides their customers' preferences and settings and shuts down/restarts their personal computers at random times, losing unsaved information during, say, a...
  7. Can't Updates

Can't Updates: How do I manually uninstall BIOS? Error 0xc1900130 comes up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-updates/2fe3e1e6-bb07-44e8-9b45-c608f2674143
  8. Windows says no internet access when computer is on-line, can't update or troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows says no internet access when computer is on-line, can't update or troubleshoot: As far as I can tell all of my applications, including Edge, can access the internet without a problem, in fact I'm using the computer to post this right now, but Windows says there's "no internet access." Every so often it disconnects from the net apparently on its own for...
  9. Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes: My Lenovo 100s was doing windows 10 update to 1909 and is now stuck in loop saying " undoing changes made to your computer" I've tried doing manual hard reset power off and then on 3 times to access safe boot, but it does not go into safe boot mode and continues in loop....
  10. Windows 10 update overheating issue

Windows 10 update overheating issue: I have attempted to install the next Windows 10 update numerous times with an overheating issue. Each time I am able to download it but, while it is installing my computer shuts down. When I restart my computer it says my system overheated. My system has installed 1803...