Windows 10: Windows 10 not using all of memory

Discus and support Windows 10 not using all of memory in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello: I've read all of the similar incidents and tried all of the recommendations (except reinstalling Win10) and still can not solve this problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Cheech, May 22, 2019.

1. Cheech Win User

Windows 10 not using all of memory

Hello:

I've read all of the similar incidents and tried all of the recommendations (except reinstalling Win10) and still can not solve this problem. About a year ago I installed two new 4GB memory sticks and when they were first installed they worked fine. This is an old laptop (and not my primary) which is mostly used for emails and other minor things otherwise it is not heavily used so I really don't know exactly when Windows stopped using all of the memory. When I did notice it the other day I've been actively attempting to find out why it stopped, to no avail. However, once while doing the things below it did start using almost all of the memory (about 7+ GB) but then stopped after a reboot.

So far, to-date this is the status of things that were done. (the laptop is an HP Pavilion dv-7 running the 64 bit Windows Home Edition which was installed as part of the Win 7- Win 10 free upgrade).

1. run memory diagnostics (checks out fine). I've also run burn-in software for over 24 hours with no reported error conditions anywhere.
    2. both swapped and re-seated the memory cards
    3. changed the advanced setting in Msconfig
    4. reviewed BIOS settings (there aren't any for memory)
    5. checked to see that the memory isn't being used elsewhere.
    6. ran repair checking software to see if anything was reported corrupt/damaged (there wasn't anything reported)
    7. changed the registry to clear the page file (one of the recommendations)

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Windows 10 not using all of memory [​IMG]

Windows 10 not using all of memory [​IMG]

:)

Cheech, May 22, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 22, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 22, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, May 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not using all of memory - Similar Threads - using memory

2. Using a memory card in half height slot causes crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using a memory card in half height slot causes crash: After installing 1903 on my Lenovo windows 10 pro laptop, inserting a micro sd card with adapter or booting up same in my half height memory card slot causes a continual crash and reboot. The sd cards do not cause this when used with the 2 usb plug in adapter ports. When...
  3. RAM Memory half being used by system/unknown application -Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RAM Memory half being used by system/unknown application -Windows 10: Hello, I need some help/solution for this! My problem is the next... I used to Windows 7 and it run well until It got infected so I formated it to Windows 10 (on Feb) and it run like you will expect from a recent formated PC, then I noticed it was almost using 50% of the...
  4. Services.exe using high memory but little CPU

Services.exe using high memory but little CPU: I checked task manager before I went to sleep for the night for some unknown reason, and lo and behold I see my memory usage at 69%. I go and check and see that a process called "services and controller app" aka services.exe is casually using up 7000+ mb of my 16gb of RAM in...
  5. Using external memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using external memory: I am sure my condition is not weird, but seems so to me! My tablet has 118 GB of memory and I have used it all. Yes, I have done all of the purging that is suggested. I have pluged in a 500GB external disk to offload some of the items I don't use on a regular basis. The...
  6. Getting Windows 10 to use more physical memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting Windows 10 to use more physical memory: Can I configure Windows 10 to load larger portions of processes in use thereby using more physical memory? Right now only about 10 of the 32GBs of physical memory is being used and lots of page faults are occurring. I have the page file set to 0MB. 32GBs of physical memory...
  7. WmiPrvSE.exe using high memory when I use Chrome, is this normal?

WmiPrvSE.exe using high memory when I use Chrome, is this normal?: [img] I don't know if I am being paranoid or what. But ever since installing Windows 10 I have observed this behaviour. WmiPrvSE.exe is taking in excess of over 20MB RAM in task manager. I am also seeing double of these instances running in task manager. May I know whether...
  8. Anti-malware executable service Using more than 600 MB ram memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anti-malware executable service Using more than 600 MB ram memory: Hi there, I have recently installed Windows 10 version 1809 on my Msi laptop. My pc specs are listed below. Processor - Intel Core i5 8300H Graphics - Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1050@ 4Gb Ram - 8 Gb ddr4 (2666 mhz) Os - Windows 10 Home Single Language The problem I am...
  9. Big Red X through theicons for my usb and memory card using w10 and Epson 3640 printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Big Red X through theicons for my usb and memory card using w10 and Epson 3640 printer: USB An error occurred while reconnecting Y to \\Epson266CFF\USBSTORAGE. Microsoft Windows Network.THe network path was not found. This connection has not been restored. Basically the same for the memory card....
  10. Installing Win 10 x64 using a flash memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Win 10 x64 using a flash memory: Hello all, I'm going to re-install Windows 10 x 64. My SDD is of 256 GB size containing two drives. The C drive is to be for installation and the D drives contains my valuable data. I want to use the Rufus app to install the .iso file of the windows into a 32 GB flash...