Windows 10: Windows 10 not using all of memory

Discus and support Windows 10 not using all of memory in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello: I've read all of the similar incidents and tried all of the recommendations (except reinstalling Win10) and still can not solve this problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Cheech, May 22, 2019.

1. Cheech Win User

Windows 10 not using all of memory

Hello:

I've read all of the similar incidents and tried all of the recommendations (except reinstalling Win10) and still can not solve this problem. About a year ago I installed two new 4GB memory sticks and when they were first installed they worked fine. This is an old laptop (and not my primary) which is mostly used for emails and other minor things otherwise it is not heavily used so I really don't know exactly when Windows stopped using all of the memory. When I did notice it the other day I've been actively attempting to find out why it stopped, to no avail. However, once while doing the things below it did start using almost all of the memory (about 7+ GB) but then stopped after a reboot.

So far, to-date this is the status of things that were done. (the laptop is an HP Pavilion dv-7 running the 64 bit Windows Home Edition which was installed as part of the Win 7- Win 10 free upgrade).

1. run memory diagnostics (checks out fine). I've also run burn-in software for over 24 hours with no reported error conditions anywhere.
    2. both swapped and re-seated the memory cards
    3. changed the advanced setting in Msconfig
    4. reviewed BIOS settings (there aren't any for memory)
    5. checked to see that the memory isn't being used elsewhere.
    6. ran repair checking software to see if anything was reported corrupt/damaged (there wasn't anything reported)
    7. changed the registry to clear the page file (one of the recommendations)

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Windows 10 not using all of memory [​IMG]

Windows 10 not using all of memory [​IMG]

:)

Cheech, May 22, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 22, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 22, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, May 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not using all of memory - Similar Threads - using memory

2. Pagefile.sys high storage even though i dont use lots of memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pagefile.sys high storage even though i dont use lots of memory: So i read things that pagefile.sys is used when something is using too much memory so it uses that. Mine is set to defult and it made my pagefile.sys too 11.5Gb even though i dont use much memory. My computer has 16GB of memory and when im playing roblox only thing i rlly use...
  3. Pagefile.sys high storage even though i dont use lots of memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pagefile.sys high storage even though i dont use lots of memory: So i read things that pagefile.sys is used when something is using too much memory so it uses that. Mine is set to defult and it made my pagefile.sys too 11.5Gb even though i dont use much memory. My computer has 16GB of memory and when im playing roblox only thing i rlly use...
  4. Pagefile.sys high storage even though i dont use lots of memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how come 50% of my memory is being used even though when I total up what each application...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how come 50% of my memory is being used even though when I total up what each application...: I have 16gb ram. This screenshot is self-evident. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-come-50-of-my-memory-is-being-used-even-though/2966be5b-ad99-42d3-a31b-9691bff67bc6
  6. how come 50% of my memory is being used even though when I total up what each application...

how come 50% of my memory is being used even though when I total up what each application...: I have 16gb ram. This screenshot is self-evident. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-come-50-of-my-memory-is-being-used-even-though/2966be5b-ad99-42d3-a31b-9691bff67bc6
  7. how come 50% of my memory is being used even though when I total up what each application...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Why am I using so much memory while doing nothing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I using so much memory while doing nothing?: I've noticed recently that I'm using way more memory than normal while just having my browser open! With Firefox open it says its using about 90% of memory, and when I close the browser to have nothing open it goes down to only 82%. I have 8 Gigs of memory and it says its...
  9. Why am I using so much memory while doing nothing?

Why am I using so much memory while doing nothing?: I've noticed recently that I'm using way more memory than normal while just having my browser open! With Firefox open it says its using about 90% of memory, and when I close the browser to have nothing open it goes down to only 82%. I have 8 Gigs of memory and it says its...
  10. audiodg.exe used 41 Gibibytes of virtual memory

audiodg.exe used 41 Gibibytes of virtual memory: I don't know what the hell happened but it started abusing virtual memory and triggered chain reaction of apps crashing. should I reinstall Windows or do something else what is your guys opinion on this.P.S. : Brave was using this much because I was watching a movie on HBO...