Windows 10: Windows 10 not working after attempted update to 2004.

Discus and support Windows 10 not working after attempted update to 2004. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I attempted to update my PC to Windows 10 2004 from 1909, when I restarted, it got stuck on 58% "Working on updates", the animation wasn't moving.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Freshby69, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Freshby69 Win User

Windows 10 not working after attempted update to 2004.

I attempted to update my PC to Windows 10 2004 from 1909, when I restarted, it got stuck on 58% "Working on updates", the animation wasn't moving. Following advice from this forum, I held the power button on the PC and then turned it back on again. It said "Undoing changes", it then got stuck again, with the animation not moving. I tried booting into windows recovery and tried uninstalling latest feature update but it gave me an error. I tried uninstalling latest quality update and it gave me the same error. Every time I boot the PC now the animation gets stuck. Help would be greatly appreciated as I need this PC working by Monday for work. Thanks in advance.

:)

Freshby69, Jul 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 Updates fails to install even after multiple attempts.

Checking for updates after following the steps, Will inform on the progress of the update process and whether this solves it or nope. Thank you for the suggestion.

[Update]
    The Trick didn't work.

Windows 10 not working after attempted update to 2004. [​IMG]

Windows 10 not working after attempted update to 2004. [​IMG]

The Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074681) which was available, failed to install. And the same story again..

Shadow Delta, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Salt Shui Win User
    Throttlestop randomly stopped working after a Windows 10 update

So I had the same problem today after the windows 10 update. This is what i did, I uninstall the update then change the date on my computer to September 1st, then reopen Throttlestop. Now my laptop is working normally again

Salt Shui, Jul 25, 2020
  4. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not working after attempted update to 2004. - Similar Threads - working attempted update

2. audio not working after windows 10 2004 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio not working after windows 10 2004 update: Hi all!! After the update 2004 build 19042.685 my audio is not working. This causes the system to lock automatically after initial boot and the audio functions are now completely gone. Please let me know what the current status is to fix these bug issues. Appreciate your...
  3. Attempting to Update to 2004

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Attempting to Update to 2004: 2004 was not offered by Windows Update and I attempted to install the ISO. I clicked setup.exec in the downloaded ISO and got the message that it failed because a dll file was missing. Note that I went directly to the ISO file for installation. A tutorial had a bit longer...
  4. Touchpad won't work after windows 10 2004 update

Touchpad won't work after windows 10 2004 update: After windows 10 2004 update my synaptics touchpad won't work in device manager mice section synaptics touchpad driver not showing ao i check application section on setting then i see the synaptics app shows 0kb storage so the 2004 version of windows it automatically corrupt...
  5. BSOD When attempting to update to 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When attempting to update to 2004: Hi, I'm trying to update my 1909 to 2004 but it gets to a certain percentage and then BSOD that says SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, any help on what is causing the issue? My dmp file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqrKHNhdOIMrgSLpT2ALyGVv11BV?e=FyLxz0...
  6. Wifi not working after Windows 10 2004 update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi not working after Windows 10 2004 update.: I just installed the Windows 10 2004 update about two days ago, and since then I have been unable to turn on my wifi. Every time i try to turn it on, it'll say "on" momentarily and then switch itself off. I have an Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 adapter. I have tried uninstalling and...
  7. Start menu not working after Windows 10 2004 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not working after Windows 10 2004 update: I can't get programs to run via start menu after Windows 10 2004 update. I can hover over them and select them but then my screen flashes a couple of times and nothing happens....
  8. ZoomH4n not working after Windows 10 May 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ZoomH4n not working after Windows 10 May 2004 update: This worked perfectly yesterday. After my update, windows is not able to get any sound from my ZoomH4n. I tried all sort of programs and all my other mics work just not the one mic that I need to use. Anyone else have this issue? Sucks because I have something due in 3...
  9. Audio Not Working After Windows 10 Version 2004 Update

Audio Not Working After Windows 10 Version 2004 Update: Hello My audio is still not working after the recent Winows 10 Version 2004 update. It causes the system to auto lockdown after initial booting and the audio functions are now totally lost. Please let me know what is current status to fix these bugging issues. Appreciate...
  10. failed attempt to update to 10 v.2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    failed attempt to update to 10 v.2004: I was trying to install new windows update but was unsuccessful. From event log i see: Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0xC1900101: Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004. I already tried to twice to make the update same...