Windows 10: Windows 10 not working properly after installing second SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 not working properly after installing second SSD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi So windows 10 is not working properly. I can not access the start menu, cant access setting, my login screen is strange (looks like cmd, so i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by L0lbert, Dec 9, 2018.

1. L0lbert Win User

Windows 10 not working properly after installing second SSD

Hi

So windows 10 is not working properly. I can not access the start menu, cant access setting, my login screen is strange (looks like cmd, so i have to use my keyboard, cant use mouse), taskbar wont autohide when i have videos/games in fullscreen, and shortcuts like windows+D dosn't work (some shortcuts works however, like windows+R and windows+L).

Background: Problems started after I installed a second SSD drive. Both drives are working properly, I have installed and ran games on both harddrives. In order to use my second SSD drive I used the power cords that was previously connected to the DVD-drive, as I no longer use the DVD-drive.

I have tried the following solutions:
    - Restarting
    - Updating
    - Windows 10 trobuleshooter
    - Creating a new account with administrator rights
    - sfc /scannow --followed by -- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    - Reinstalling windows apps

Neither approach solved anything.

Please let me know if you need additional information. Thanks in advance.

:)

L0lbert, Dec 9, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 9, 2018
  4. stoggs1 Win User

Crysis not working windows 10

Hey guys, so last night i installed crysis after not having played it in years but when it loads it just sits at a black screen for about 10 seconds then crashes.

Im running windows 10 64 bit home premium fresh install of the game patched to the latest version, i plan on re installing the game if need be but if anyone has a suggestion i could try first i would greatly appreciate it.

stoggs1, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not working properly after installing second SSD - Similar Threads - working properly installing

2. Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation: My windows 10 didn't start after update so i deleted and reinstalled windows 10 but after installing my touchpad and keyboard not working properly Touchpad problem: when i start laptop, touchpad doesn't work and i have to logout user and after login touchpad works fine but...
  3. Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation: My windows 10 didn't start after update so i deleted and reinstalled windows 10 but after installing my touchpad and keyboard not working properly Touchpad problem: when i start laptop, touchpad doesn't work and i have to logout user and after login touchpad works fine but...
  4. Not working PC properly after installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not working PC properly after installing windows 10: After installing windows 10 from windows 7 my pc working slow . Even start menu also working very very slow , not working application properly . Please help me to fix this problem...
  5. Not working PC properly after installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not working PC properly after installing windows 10: After installing windows 10 from windows 7 my pc working slow . Even start menu also working very very slow , not working application properly . Please help me to fix this problem...
  6. Not working PC properly after installing windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC doesn't work properly after installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC doesn't work properly after installing windows 10: I just installed windows 10 server 2016 a year ago. After few months, in the booting is shows a message "Preparing automatic repair" and the computer gets shut down. Then I decided to install Windows 10 Home 2020. After few days of installing it, the taskbar and other windows...
  8. Keyboard not working properly after installing windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard not working properly after installing windows 10?: After having installed windows 10 on my Asus laptop. Some of the keys are not working. Any ideas?? 9863
  9. Keyboard not working properly after installing windows 10?

Keyboard not working properly after installing windows 10?: After having installed Windows 10 on my Asus laptop some of the keys on my keyboard are now not working? Any ideas of how to right this please?? 9862
  10. SSD not working in AHCI after Windows 10 install

SSD not working in AHCI after Windows 10 install: My situation is the following:I had a LGA 775 Mobo pc,and one of my father's collegues was upgrading his pc so he gave us his old computer system,i found out that his motherboard had better functions and is better overall,motherboard is gigabyte ga-ep35-DS3L,i installed it in...