Windows 10: windows 10 - not working properly

Discus and support windows 10 - not working properly in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i recently bought an nvme drive , and cloned windows onto it from my existing ssd boot drive i followed all the aplication steps but after restarting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by briengaffney, Jan 28, 2021.

1. windows 10 - not working properly

i recently bought an nvme drive , and cloned windows onto it from my existing ssd boot drive i followed all the aplication steps but after restarting my pc all of my desktop app icons are flashing and a black screen flashes. Windows search bar and the windows button wont respond to presses. Right clicking apps in the task bar also does not work. I cant access sound settings on the bottom right of the screen either. Will a clean install of windows solve this? i fear the drive may have broken ? i can still see all my files on both drives tho

:)

briengaffney, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 28, 2021
  4. windows 10 - not working properly

HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

windows 10 - not working properly

1. windows 10 - not working properly - Similar Threads - working properly

2. "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port.": How can that be fixed without an alternative USB 2.0 port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-older-usb-device-might-not-work-properly-with-a/7b51f17c-6c42-4e0b-a753-759575d45c58
  3. "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port.": How can that be fixed without an alternative USB 2.0 port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-older-usb-device-might-not-work-properly-with-a/42985dde-dcb9-499c-9bbf-5d02df68b071
  4. "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port.": How can that be fixed without an alternative USB 2.0 port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-older-usb-device-might-not-work-properly-with-a/b1d26fab-513c-493d-81ad-ecc2c8e84a2e
  5. "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port.": How can that be fixed without an alternative USB 2.0 port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-older-usb-device-might-not-work-properly-with-a/7b51f17c-6c42-4e0b-a753-759575d45c58
  6. "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port."

"An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port.": How can that be fixed without an alternative USB 2.0 port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-older-usb-device-might-not-work-properly-with-a/42985dde-dcb9-499c-9bbf-5d02df68b071
  7. "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port."

"An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port.": How can that be fixed without an alternative USB 2.0 port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-older-usb-device-might-not-work-properly-with-a/b1d26fab-513c-493d-81ad-ecc2c8e84a2e
  8. NVIDIA Driver Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Driver Not Working Properly: I have the Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super driver, and it usually has code 43 error on it. My Geforce Experience is unable to identify that I have the game ready driver that it wants me to download and so it keeps prompting me to download it over and over again. My Nvidia...
  9. NVIDIA Driver Not Working Properly

NVIDIA Driver Not Working Properly: I have the Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super driver, and it usually has code 43 error on it. My Geforce Experience is unable to identify that I have the game ready driver that it wants me to download and so it keeps prompting me to download it over and over again. My Nvidia...
  10. VSCode is not compiling properly/include files are not working.

VSCode is not compiling properly/include files are not working.: I am getting the following issue: "This version of c:\Users\conno\Desktop\Code\Magic Tournamnet Packs\MagicTournPacks.exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher." I am...