Windows 10: Windows 10 not working right

Discus and support Windows 10 not working right in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Community; SCENARIO: I have an HP Desktop PC with the OS of Windows 10 home. The PC is not working right, slow to boot up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Beep01, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Beep01 Win User

Windows 10 not working right

Hello Community;

SCENARIO:

I have an HP Desktop PC with the OS of Windows 10 home. The PC is not working right, slow to boot up, slow to load web pages and then really slow to shut down.

I would appreciate a SECOND opinion, for I had a solution to my problem from a so called "EXPERT" Windows Tech. that said that if I did a factory reset of my PC / Windows it will fix the situation.

Following is what I was first told to do: DO A SCAN DISC of the C:/ drive, "SFC /Scannow" and follow the instructions.

Following is the message that came up on my Monitor:

Windows Resource Protection Found Corrupt Files But Was Unable to Fix Some of Them. For Online Repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log For Offline repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

After looking at the Log files, which only added to the already CONFUSION FOR ME, this was no help at all.

My final question is, will the "FACTORY RESET" take care of the corrupted files and get the PC / Windows back to good operation?.

Thanks for any information.

Beep01

:)

Beep01, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 not working right

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 not working right

1. Windows 10 not working right - Similar Threads - working right

2. Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine: Hi,Recently I noticed in Windows 11 that the Windows Key Left/Right Arrow keys are not moving the active window left or right like they used to. Windows Key Up/Down Arrows work as they should.== Doesn't work ==Windows Key Left - move active window left, to left most...
  3. Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow not moving windows, Up and down arrow working fine: Hi,Recently I noticed in Windows 11 that the Windows Key Left/Right Arrow keys are not moving the active window left or right like they used to. Windows Key Up/Down Arrows work as they should.== Doesn't work ==Windows Key Left - move active window left, to left most...
  4. USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help: My computer forced me to a windows 11 Pro upgrade from my windows 10 Pro and now my USB ports dont work correctly. Most of the time when I try to use them my computer will make a sound that I put in the USB drive, but then it will lock up my computer to the point that I have...
  5. USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help

USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help: My computer forced me to a windows 11 Pro upgrade from my windows 10 Pro and now my USB ports dont work correctly. Most of the time when I try to use them my computer will make a sound that I put in the USB drive, but then it will lock up my computer to the point that I have...
  6. Not working taskbar and search bar and start menu and all on the right of taskbar not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not working taskbar and search bar and start menu and all on the right of taskbar not...: Hello, i have a bad, bad, bad news.My taskbar not working, when i click on something on right of it it not work, but opens apps on taskbar as well as before.Them most needed part of Every windows that have Start button, Start button and Start menu... NOT WORK.Search bar too...
  7. Not working taskbar and search bar and start menu and all on the right of taskbar not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not working taskbar and search bar and start menu and all on the right of taskbar not...: Hello, i have a bad, bad, bad news.My taskbar not working, when i click on something on right of it it not work, but opens apps on taskbar as well as before.Them most needed part of Every windows that have Start button, Start button and Start menu... NOT WORK.Search bar too...
  8. Not working taskbar and search bar and start menu and all on the right of taskbar not...

9. Windows taskbar right click icon’s not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taskbar right click icon’s not working: The taskbar icons when I right click won’t work since I recently uninstalled the latest update and did a restore point but didn’t show anything when I right click them, I even tried restarting it but nothing. Can someone help me?...
  10. Windows taskbar right click icon’s not working

Windows taskbar right click icon’s not working: The taskbar icons when I right click won’t work since I recently uninstalled the latest update and did a restore point but didn’t show anything when I right click them, I even tried restarting it but nothing. Can someone help me?...