Windows 10: Windows 10 not working right

Discus and support Windows 10 not working right in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Community; SCENARIO: I have an HP Desktop PC with the OS of Windows 10 home. The PC is not working right, slow to boot up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Beep01, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Beep01 Win User

Windows 10 not working right

Hello Community;

SCENARIO:

I have an HP Desktop PC with the OS of Windows 10 home. The PC is not working right, slow to boot up, slow to load web pages and then really slow to shut down.

I would appreciate a SECOND opinion, for I had a solution to my problem from a so called "EXPERT" Windows Tech. that said that if I did a factory reset of my PC / Windows it will fix the situation.

Following is what I was first told to do: DO A SCAN DISC of the C:/ drive, "SFC /Scannow" and follow the instructions.

Following is the message that came up on my Monitor:

Windows Resource Protection Found Corrupt Files But Was Unable to Fix Some of Them. For Online Repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log For Offline repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

After looking at the Log files, which only added to the already CONFUSION FOR ME, this was no help at all.

My final question is, will the "FACTORY RESET" take care of the corrupted files and get the PC / Windows back to good operation?.

Thanks for any information.

Beep01

:)

Beep01, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 not working right

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 not working right

1. Windows 10 not working right - Similar Threads - working right

2. Finger left and right swipe is not working in Lenovo touch screen laptop with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Finger left and right swipe is not working in Lenovo touch screen laptop with windows 10: Hi I am using "two" Lenovo touch screen laptops with Windows 10 to test a feature on this page https://codepen.io/willalanjohnson/pen/bdmWVe . The feature should work when swiping on screen and should not work with mouse. The touch-swipe feature is working good on one pc....
  3. MOUSEKEYS. Why cant I press up and "click" at the same time? But it works for left, right...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MOUSEKEYS. Why cant I press up and "click" at the same time? But it works for left, right...: I am using mousekeys; the numpad to control the mouse. These are the controls on the numpad: 5: click 8: up 4: left 6: right 2: Down I need to be able to click (five) and move at the same time. For left, right and down, it works fine - i can move and click. But when...
  4. usb connected mouse right click is stopped working frequently and usb connected keyboard...

usb connected mouse right click is stopped working frequently and usb connected keyboard...: I am windows10 home user,every time when I use my laptop I am facing this issue, my usb connected mouse right click is stopped working frequently and usb connected keyboard keys also giving same problem.some times it is restored by restarting windows explorer,but some times...
  5. Mouse does not work in the bottom right part of the screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse does not work in the bottom right part of the screen: For some reason, the mouse does not work in the bottom right part of the screen. The mouse pinter moves in that area without any problem, but hovering or clicking on any option in the area does not work. I am not sure when this problem started and I have noticed it only...
  6. Right Click Copy feature stopped working after this last Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click Copy feature stopped working after this last Windows 10 update.: After October 8 KB 4517389 Build 18362.418 update pushed to me my "Right Click Copy" feature doesn't work any longer. I use that feature a lot moving files around from drive to drive and to my Drobo. I can still copy with several extra steps using the tool bar "Copy To" icon,...
  7. Right click and mouse clicks not working on right 1/5th of screen

Right click and mouse clicks not working on right 1/5th of screen: [ATTACH] Issue: When I click the right 1/5th part of the screen, only a greyed out Copy box appears instead of the regular right click menu. if there are any windows in that section, the minimize, maximize, and close buttons cannot be clicked. I have to drag the window out...
  8. Right side of desktop screen doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right side of desktop screen doesn't work: So this one hard to explain but will try to. So anytime I turn my computer on it has it where on the right side of my desktop or the screen like a quarter, it has it where anything i try to select doesn't work so can't select like the close for a tab or so. Now I notice...
  9. synaptics - Two finger click to right click not working

synaptics - Two finger click to right click not working: Hi, I have synaptics touchpad installed and even though two finger click is enabled in the synaptics control panel, it still does not allow me to. It seems it is only that gesture that's not working as two finger scroll works, so does all 3 finger and 4 finger gestures....
  10. Arc Bluetooth Mouse Right Click Stopped Working

Arc Bluetooth Mouse Right Click Stopped Working: I have had a Microsoft Arc Bluetooth Mouse installed on my laptop. Recently the Right Click functionality STOPPED WORKING. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse. Updated Drivers Updated Winsows Purchased a new Arc Touch Mouse SAME issue. The Right Click...