Windows 10: Windows 10 Notepad will display alerts when you’re running an old version

Discus and support Windows 10 Notepad will display alerts when you’re running an old version in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Notepad, which remains one of the most popular apps on Windows 10, will start receiving updates more frequently with the Sun Valley update. In the next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 16, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 Notepad will display alerts when you’re running an old version

Notepad, which remains one of the most popular apps on Windows 10, will start receiving updates more frequently with the Sun Valley update. In the next feature update, Notepad will become a separate Store-updateable application and it will be moved out of the Windows Accessories folder.

By moving Notepad to the Store, Microsoft should be able to service the text editor with new features and improvements regularly. Currently, Notepad updates are tied to Windows 10’s two big feature updates, which are released between April-May and October-November.

To facilitate Notepad’s upcoming change, Microsoft has quietly updated the text editor with a new alert box that will remind users when a new version is available via the Store. As shown in the below screenshot, the alert allows users to launch the new version of Notepad after it has been updated via the Store.

Windows 10 Notepad will display alerts when you’re running an old version Notepad-new-alert.jpg

It also appears that the Notepad app is now able to communicate directly with Windows Store and it can alert users when a new update is available for download/installation. These updates will apparently require users to restart the Notepad instance and users will be asked to save their work.

This new Notepad is currently live in the preview builds and it will be released globally as part of the long-rumoured Windows 10 version 21H2 “Sun Valley Update”. If you want to test the Store version of Notepad, which comes with a new Fluent icon, you will need to join the Insider program and download the latest bits from the Dev Channel now.

Windows 10 Notepad will display alerts when you’re running an old version Notepad-update.jpg
    Notepad now can be updated manually as well

In addition to Notepad, it’s possible that Sun Valley will also bring other classic apps to the Windows Store. Apps that will be moved to the Store will have their own section and presence on the Microsoft Store, and they can be updated without installing a new feature update.

Windows 10’s Sun Valley update is currently scheduled to launch in the second half of the year, presumably October or November. If everything goes as per the original plan, this version will be finalized in June.

Microsoft officials have already confirmed that the future of Windows is going to be exciting and incredible.

Sun Valley update teaser is expected in the coming weeks.

The post Windows 10 Notepad will display alerts when you’re running an old version appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 16, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 16, 2021
  3. Cds47 Win User
    Access to Notepad denied after EVERY log in to Win 10.

I also tried to find the notepad icon (as suggested by another source) in C;\Windows\Systems32 but could not get it to accept notepad.exe

Cds47, May 16, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Notepad will display alerts when you’re running an old version

Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Notepad will display alerts when you’re running an old version

1. Windows 10 Notepad will display alerts when you’re running an old version - Similar Threads - Notepad display alerts

2. I want the old version of notepad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want the old version of notepad.: How can I roll back to the original version of notepad? The new version is less useful and I don't want reminders to upgrade to a newer version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-the-old-version-of-notepad/863469aa-d26f-497a-880f-6f625e4f3f60
  3. I want the old version of notepad.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want the old version of notepad.: How can I roll back to the original version of notepad? The new version is less useful and I don't want reminders to upgrade to a newer version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-the-old-version-of-notepad/863469aa-d26f-497a-880f-6f625e4f3f60
  4. How downgrade to old version of notepad on win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How downgrade to old version of notepad on win11: How can I download previous version of windows notepad from before the last update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-downgrade-to-old-version-of-notepad-on-win11/de4bc5f5-4db0-4910-bf64-7ac928a37517
  5. How downgrade to old version of notepad on win11

How downgrade to old version of notepad on win11: How can I download previous version of windows notepad from before the last update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-downgrade-to-old-version-of-notepad-on-win11/de4bc5f5-4db0-4910-bf64-7ac928a37517
  6. Getting the old version of Notepad on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting the old version of Notepad on Windows 11: Hello, I am a blind user who frequently uses the Notepad application. On my Windows 11 laptop, I’m having difficulty to read the content and Braille. I can hear it with my screen reader, but I can’t read it properly. So, when I want to write code properly, I use my Windows 10...
  7. Getting the old version of Notepad on Windows 11

Getting the old version of Notepad on Windows 11: Hello, I am a blind user who frequently uses the Notepad application. On my Windows 11 laptop, I’m having difficulty to read the content and Braille. I can hear it with my screen reader, but I can’t read it properly. So, when I want to write code properly, I use my Windows 10...
  8. Possible to run an old program that needs to run at 800x600 when Windows Display options...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to run an old program that needs to run at 800x600 when Windows Display options...: I'm trying to play an old game (released circa 2002), but it keeps saying Fatal Error: The selected display driver does not support the requested video mode: 800x600x16. I've tried messing around with compatibility options but nothing seems to work. I have a generic graphics...
  9. You’re currently running a version of Windows that’s nearing the end of service.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    You’re currently running a version of Windows that’s nearing the end of service.: Hello, I have been running into a problem with Windows 10 updates. A while ago, I downloaded the Windows 10 version 1909 update. I think during the installation something must have happened. Ever since that update my computer constantly says that I'm running a version of...
  10. You’re currently running a version of Windows that’s nearing the end of service. We...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    You’re currently running a version of Windows that’s nearing the end of service. We...: You’re currently running a version of Windows that’s nearing the end of service. We recommend you update to the most recent version of Windows 10 to get the latest features and security improvements. this is whats saying on my update page... what can I do? thx...