Windows 10: Windows 10 - Nothing is working

Discus and support Windows 10 - Nothing is working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently I have encountered this issue, when I startup my computer, I cannot open programs. Right after I signed in, I can open programs, but after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hoioidoi, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Hoioidoi Win User

Windows 10 - Nothing is working

Recently I have encountered this issue, when I startup my computer, I cannot open programs.

Right after I signed in, I can open programs, but after a while, new tabs I open in Google Chrome cannot load anything. I checked my wifi, but that was fine. I tried to restart Google Chrome, but after I closed it, it doesn't open no matter what I do. Nor does any other program, with the exception of folders. I tried to restart the computer, the Start menu opens, but nothing works there, including the shut down and restart button. The only way I can fix this is to manually press the power button on my computer until it closes, then turning it back on.

Another solution is if I wait with the computer open, until it works again, but that takes an hour or two.

Any solutions?

Edit: Mouse, keyboard, and headphones all work.

If youtube is open, I can watch videos while nothing else is working.

:)

Hoioidoi, Oct 21, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Windows 10 - Nothing is working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Nothing is working

1. Windows 10 - Nothing is working - Similar Threads - Nothing working

2. I reset my PC and nothing will work properly anymore, what should I do to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reset my PC and nothing will work properly anymore, what should I do to fix this?: I have a prebuilt gaming PC that I've owned for the past 2 years. I've noticed that the performance has gradually decreased, which I thought was strange since it's still a relatively new computer. Recently, my computers performance had been worse than ever. Games that I...
  3. I reset my PC and nothing will work properly anymore, what should I do to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I reset my PC and nothing will work properly anymore, what should I do to fix this?: I have a prebuilt gaming PC that I've owned for the past 2 years. I've noticed that the performance has gradually decreased, which I thought was strange since it's still a relatively new computer. Recently, my computers performance had been worse than ever. Games that I...
  4. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help: My sister messed up my computer and now my cursor is slow and even at max speed its still slow, please help i have tried to fix it with google and nothing will work, does updating my pc fix it??? Help!...
  5. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help: My sister messed up my computer and now my cursor is slow and even at max speed its still slow, please help i have tried to fix it with google and nothing will work, does updating my pc fix it??? Help!...
  6. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My PC Keeps BlueScreening and nothing seems to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC Keeps BlueScreening and nothing seems to work: Most of the time when my pc blue screens, the stop code is “memory management” and it changes from time to time, this has happened before. and when I would try to run an sfc /scannow it would blue screen at around 20%, I went into task manager and ended a bunch of tasks, ran...
  8. My PC Keeps BlueScreening and nothing seems to work

My PC Keeps BlueScreening and nothing seems to work: Most of the time when my pc blue screens, the stop code is “memory management” and it changes from time to time, this has happened before. and when I would try to run an sfc /scannow it would blue screen at around 20%, I went into task manager and ended a bunch of tasks, ran...
  9. My PC Keeps BlueScreening and nothing seems to work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Just did a "fresh install" and now nothing seems to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just did a "fresh install" and now nothing seems to work: Just reset the come from a Win11 ROM dl and the audio doesnt have sound even though the device is detected, cant even play the test sounds, also the install might have broke some of my game trying to lauch monster hunter world and it keeps crashing....