Windows 10: Windows 10 Notifications on Lock Screen Weather App

Discus and support Windows 10 Notifications on Lock Screen Weather App in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; To whom it may concern, Installed on the computer is Windows 10 Home, Version 1909, OS Build 18363.1256. The weather app does not work on lock... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Youth Gone Wild, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Notifications on Lock Screen Weather App

To whom it may concern,

Installed on the computer is Windows 10 Home, Version 1909, OS Build 18363.1256. The weather app does not work on lock screen. The notifications & actions section is configured for "get notifications from apps and other senders", "show notifications on the lock screen". The lock screen section is configured for background "picture", "get fun facts, tips, and more from Windows and Cortana on your lock screen", "weather app selected for choose one app to show detailed status on the lock screen".

SFC and DISM commands report zero errors.

Within the Windows 10 Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Settings, the DWORD 32 bit Value was modified to 1 for NOC_GLOBAL_SETTING_ALLOW_CRITICAL_TOASTS_ABOVE_LOCK. Advise on Windows 10 Registry modifications to allow for the weather app to work on the lock screen. Any suggestions to the Windows 10 Registry modifications for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Settings and/or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Lock Screen?

Stumped,

Youth Gone Wild

:)

Youth Gone Wild, Dec 16, 2020

2. Weather in Windows 10 Lock Screen

Hi,

Thank you for updating us. Let me help you.

If you want to add weather app in the lock screen follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn on notifications in PC Settings. (This should be on by default.)

• Open the Settings Charm.
    • Tap or click Change PC settings.
    • Tap or click Notifications.
    • Slide the Show app notifications and Show app notifications on the lock screen switches to On.

Step 2: Add the Weather app to lock screen notifications

• Open the Settings charm.
    • Tap or click Change PC settings.
    • Tap or click Personalize.
    • In the right pane, with the Lock screen tab selected, under Choose apps to run in the background… tap or click one of the “plus” symbols and select Weather.
    Then under Choose an app to display detailed status, tap or click the icon beneath it and select Weather.

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    What applet provides the weather info displayed on the lock screen?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the Steps to set your default location and check if that helps.

1. Type Weather on search and click on setting (Gear icon)

2. Select your location and set as default.

Follow the Steps to set Weather app in lock screen.

• Type Lock screen setting in Search.
    • Under Choose an app to show the detailed status.
    • Select Weather; restart your computer

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Abi99 (2) Win User

Windows 10 Notifications on Lock Screen Weather App

Weather app on lock screen

Mhm. That other thread explains how to get (at least) the textual description of the weather app. Furthermore, the original author there wants to have more detailed weather information, as it was in Windows Phone 8.1. That is your question. Or don’t you
    have that weather app listed all in All apps » Settings » Personalization » Lock screen » … show detailed status? In that case – that is not normal:

• Which phone model do you use?
    • Please, remove the battery and post (just) your Product Code (059…), for phone models with battery built-in, that code is written underneath the SIM in the SIM tray.

Abi99 (2), Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Notifications on Lock Screen Weather App

1. Windows 10 Notifications on Lock Screen Weather App - Similar Threads - Notifications Lock Screen

2. No weather on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No weather on lock screen: Even though weather is selected for lock screen it will always displays only calendar, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-weather-on-lock-screen/cb8813cd-ffa2-4b69-87b2-79231fb59100
  3. No weather on lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No weather on lock screen: Even though weather is selected for lock screen it will always displays only calendar, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-weather-on-lock-screen/cb8813cd-ffa2-4b69-87b2-79231fb59100
  4. Weather app doesn't show on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather app doesn't show on lock screen: I don't know if Windows update or app update messed it up, but apparently something messed it up and weather app isn't showing on lock screen anymore. I have set weather app as a detailed app status on a lockscreen. In privacy and location weather app is enabled too. I...
  5. Weather app doesn't show on lock screen

Weather app doesn't show on lock screen: I don't know if Windows update or app update messed it up, but apparently something messed it up and weather app isn't showing on lock screen anymore. I have set weather app as a detailed app status on a lockscreen. In privacy and location weather app is enabled too. I...
  6. Weather app doesn't show on lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Lock screen not showing weather or other apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock screen not showing weather or other apps: I'm on Windows 10 Pro and the latest update version 20H2 for a month or 2 now. And up to date on all Windows Updates from what I see. In Setting > Personalisation > Lock Screen The Choose which app to show detailed status on the lock screen I choose Weather. On the Choose...
  8. trying to display the weather app on the lock screen

trying to display the weather app on the lock screen: trying to display the weather app on the lock screen. I didn't use location for weather, typed in home town for the location. it is not working and only get the oem time and date. is it not possible to do this? side note, I noticed in group policy editor "Disables the lock...
  9. Weather app in notification area

Weather app in notification area: A weather app (?) has mysteriously appeared in my notification area. Apart from it showing Sheffield 80 miles away I would just like to get rid of it. How? 16976
  10. native weather app on lock screen

native weather app on lock screen: Not that I use lock screen much but was just curious. Has anyone seen the weather on it? I've never seen it work on any PC. Other features work ok, like tips, or calendar and mail. But weather has never ever shown up. Maybe there is a special trick to it other than the...