Windows 10: Windows 10 Notifications Resetting Window Position

Discus and support Windows 10 Notifications Resetting Window Position in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Starting about a week ago not update-related, I've noticed that clicking on Windows 10 desktop notifications resets the position of their respective... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlecPage, Nov 2, 2020.

1. AlecPage Win User

Windows 10 Notifications Resetting Window Position

Starting about a week ago not update-related, I've noticed that clicking on Windows 10 desktop notifications resets the position of their respective applications. For instance, if I click a Slack notification, the Slack window, which was previously snapped to the right side of one of my external monitors, resets to a floating window in the middle of the screen. This happens whether the snapped window is in the foreground, selected/active, or buried behind other windows. Is this a bug others have experienced as well? Is there a fix? I've both restarted and updated Windows since this bug appeared, and it has persisted. This happens whether I'm on my single laptop screen or using multiple monitors.

:)

AlecPage, Nov 2, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Notifications Resetting Window Position - Similar Threads - Notifications Resetting Window

2. How to reset windows size and position?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset windows size and position?: Let's say that, for example, i open the block notes and i move it on the top right angle, then i change the size of this window increasing it. Now i close it and reopen it and i'll find it in the same position with the same size.How can i reset this thing for every window on...
  3. How to reset windows size and position?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset windows size and position?: Let's say that, for example, i open the block notes and i move it on the top right angle, then i change the size of this window increasing it. Now i close it and reopen it and i'll find it in the same position with the same size.How can i reset this thing for every window on...
  4. Change the position of the notification popup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the position of the notification popup: Hello, I am a programmer and for a long time I have been wondering, working every day, if it is possible to change the position of the windows notification popup. I use the system a lot and being a lover of native macOs or Linux notics I would like to be able to adapt them to...
  5. Windows 10 Notification Position

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Notification Position: Is there currently a way to move notifications in Windows 10 from the bottom-right corner of the screen to the top-right corner? I've tried a bunch of Googling, but all I've managed to find were some old registry tweaks that seem to no longer work on current builds of Windows...
  6. Notifications position

Notifications position: Hello, Is there any way to change the location of desktop notifications? When you move your taskbar to the left and click on notifications icon they are showing at default position and it is really poor position IMO. https://i.imgur.com/uJM8783.jpeg You need to go thru...
  7. Taskbar position resetting

Taskbar position resetting: So, I recently got a new PC and I've just set everything up. Now, I always like to have my taskbar along the top of my screen, and that was of course one of the first things I did. But whenever I get automatically logged out after being away for too long, the taskbar resets...
  8. Help for change Position Toast Notifications windows 10

Help for change Position Toast Notifications windows 10: hi My windows 10 Build 10240 i want change position Toast Notifications Windows from Bottom to Top. [img] Please help me! because have problem with position. 29104
  9. Notification Menu Windows Positioned Wrong?

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Menu Windows Positioned Wrong?: http://puu.sh/meBnv/4fd5fd9245.jpg I originally installed windows on 1440p resolution. I then upgraded that monitor to a 4k monitor and the notifications/tray menus for some programs seem to still open as if its a 1440p monitor. I have two side monitors that are 1440p and...
  10. Reset Windows Mobility Center Default Open Position in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Windows Mobility Center Default Open Position in Windows 10: How to: Reset Windows Mobility Center Default Open Position in Windows 10 How to Reset Default Open Position of Windows Mobility Center in Windows 10 If you use a Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop or tablet) that runs on a battery, you can access the most commonly used settings...